Page 128 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Except that makes no sense, because then you're talking about putting dozens of people (at least) out of work for no reason.
    I agree, just like I think it makes no sense to do what they are doing now when Ruby almost certainly could care less about this "respect." No, I believe the producers want to use a different character for whatever reason and are using Ruby Rose as cover. Now I can't prove it, but it's what I believe regardless.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Besides locking Alice up for a few episodes at a time, this Kate didn’t even stay on long enough to have any real accomplishments under her utility belt.
    Saving hundreds of lives in total isn't a "real accomplishment" then, I guess.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Saving hundreds of lives in total isn't a "real accomplishment" then, I guess.
    She's certainly had her fair share of accomplishments but it definitely feels like this cut in her tenure will diminish her significance in some respect in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Quitting isn't bad in itself, from what it looks like she underestimated the workload she could handle and broke from the pressure. That's not about respect, it's about being able to know your limits. Being a lead she would have had a larger workload than most on the show, and that's not getting into the harassment she's received online. Lead roles on tv are terrible for all sorts of reasons, like not having a healthy life/work balance. Not everyone is cut out to thrive in that work space. This isn't a regular 9-5 job.
    I could see that, except for one thing. If I'm not mistaken, Batwoman is the sixth superhero show in the Arrowverse. By the time the show started, Arrow had been on the air for 7 years, Flash for 5, Supergirl and Legends for 4, and Black Lightning for 2.At any time she could have talked to Stephen, or Grant, or Melissa, or Caity, or Cress about the rigors of being a lead on this kind of show, about what it would take and what she would have to sacrifice, about the long hours, the grueling schedules, and especially about what to expect from the fandom online. So either she didn't bother to ask, or she never even thought to ask and ended up getting surprised. That's on her.

But I will give her this- the internet was especially vicious towards her, and that was beyond the pale. And if it had been that, or her injuries, or a combination of the two that had caused her to quit, I could totally understand that. But by all the reports we've had so far, it was because she didn't like the workload. And I can't accept that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I could see that, except for one thing. If I'm not mistaken, Batwoman is the sixth superhero show in the Arrowverse. By the time the show started, Arrow had been on the air for 7 years, Flash for 5, Supergirl and Legends for 4, and Black Lightning for 2.At any time she could have talked to Stephen, or Grant, or Melissa, or Caity, or Cress about the rigors of being a lead on this kind of show, about what it would take and what she would have to sacrifice, about the long hours, the grueling schedules, and especially about what to expect from the fandom online. So either she didn't bother to ask, or she never even thought to ask and ended up getting surprised. That's on her.
    Agreed. I just don't know how she got this far without getting that knowledge? It could be that she simply overestimated what she could do when she did speak to them? But I don't think blaming this all on her is right. People make mistakes.

But I will give her this- the internet was especially vicious towards her, and that was beyond the pale. And if it had been that, or her injuries, or a combination of the two that had caused her to quit, I could totally understand that. But by all the reports we've had so far, it was because she didn't like the workload. And I can't accept that.
    Don't take everything said right now as the whole truth. It could takes years before all the details are revealed. Some people will exaggerate or lie to cover themselves and we won't know who's doing what until we know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    At any time she could have talked to Stephen, or Grant, or Melissa, or Caity, or Cress about the rigors of being a lead on this kind of show, about what it would take and what she would have to sacrifice, about the long hours, the grueling schedules, and especially about what to expect from the fandom online. So either she didn't bother to ask, or she never even thought to ask and ended up getting surprised. That's on her.
    Or... she did ask them or otherwise find out, and didn't realize it wasn't for her until she actually started. Knowing about something and experiencing it are not the same thing.

It could be that she simply overestimated what she could do when she did speak to them? But I don't think blaming this all on her is right. People make mistakes.
    Exactly. This framing of her as some sort of lazy, irresponsible quitter on zero evidence is gross.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quitting isn't bad in itself, from what it looks like she underestimated the workload she could handle and broke from the pressure. That's not about respect, it's about being able to know your limits. Being a lead she would have had a larger workload than most on the show, and that's not getting into the harassment she's received online. Lead roles on tv are terrible for all sorts of reasons, like not having a healthy life/work balance. Not everyone is cut out to thrive in that work space. This isn't a regular 9-5 job.

I'm fine with a recast, too.

Agreed.
    Agreed. I just don't know how she got this far without getting that knowledge? It could be that she simply overestimated what she could do when she did speak to them? But I don't think blaming this all on her is right. People make mistakes.

Don't take everything said right now as the whole truth. It could takes years before all the details are revealed. Some people will exaggerate or lie to cover themselves and we won't know who's doing what until we know everything.
    All true. I think I'm especially PO'd right now because of them replacing the character instead of recasting. It takes any thought of me getting into this show away, and I really did want to get into it.

Because it can be interpreted as "this actor's replaceable, they weren't important, their contribution to the character didn't matter, etc." I'm not saying I agree with that, nor that anyone involved would take it that way. But it could be. There's no way that was the only metric considered, but it's a valid thing for them to have taken into account.
    It's a valid reason because they wouldn't publicly disclose a reason that didn't seem valid. Sure, it might be true, but they weren't going to release a public statement with something that sounded unreasonable, y'know?

From the statements that I've read, it seems they jumped at the chance to create their own new character than even trying to honor the source material by keeping Kate as Batwoman. My opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's a valid reason because they wouldn't publicly disclose a reason that didn't seem valid. Sure, it might be true, but they weren't going to release a public statement with something that sounded unreasonable, y'know?

From the statements that I've read, it seems they jumped at the chance to create their own new character than even trying to honor the source material by keeping Kate as Batwoman. My opinion.
    Well, "Green Arrow and the Canaries" getting picked up seems in doubt at the moment so maybe they think now they can get a Superhero show with an OC off the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, "Green Arrow and the Canaries" getting picked up seems in doubt at the moment so maybe they think now they can get a Superhero show with an OC off the ground...
    Why do they want a superhero show with an OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Maybe they think they are 'better' than actual comics writers? Which makes you wonder why bother with comic material in the first place, unless it's purely for the brand names and in-built audience.

Anyway, another article - which basically just talks about why pretty much most of the existing fan-base are not happy with the decision:
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...ign-twitter/#3

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And if Greg Berlanti thinks they can reboot the main character, they may as well just reboot the whole show and throw out the supporting cast, Crows, the costume, etc. that was all designed for Kate and just make it a new show. That makes as much sense as just rebooting the lead with a random new character. I can't believe Berlanti thought that was a better idea then just recasting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Just kill the show. It isn't Batwoman if it's not Kate.
    But how is that fair to Rachel Skarsten, Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson, Nicole Kang, and Dougray Scott? Actors who didn't want out of the show. It's not their fault one actor gave up when they
    are still willing to put in the hours. Especially Rachel Skarsten who pretty much carried the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not as bound by "canon".

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    But how is that fair to Rachel Skarsten, Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson, Nicole Kang, and Dougray Scott? Actors who didn't want out of the show. It's not their fault one actor gave up when they
    are still willing to put in the hours. Especially Rachel Skarsten who pretty much carried the show.
    Pretty sure the show is on it's death-bed if they go through with this anyway. Just saying.

If it's Ruby Roses choice to leave for whatever reason that is fair enough and I am fine with that. I did like her as Kate Kane and supported her when she was first cast as well. I still disagree that having someone else play Kate is not respecting Ruby, I think that is rubbish and I think this is a horrible decision. They honestly need to recast Kate, not create an entire new character to be Batwoman. All the hard work that went into season 1 and all the connections and bonds the characters have with Kate and now Bruce (Fake Bruce) being in season 2 just makes no sense coz it wont mean anything to this new character.
    Kate Kane is Batwoman and deserves so much better than this and like I have said before, I'm worried this will destroy the ratings and that will be the end of a favourite show of mine and so many other fans.