Page 129 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

For those wondering why they would want to introduce their own unique character, I'd point out that about 70% of the recent line-up for Legends of Tomorrow are all original characters created in the Arrowverse. They have a history of this.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    For those wondering why they would want to introduce their own unique character, I'd point out that about 70% of the recent line-up for Legends of Tomorrow are all original characters created in the Arrowverse. They have a history of this.
    Most of the original characters introduced in Legends are ass. Moana can die in a fire and Gary can join her. Ava is not interrupting and frankly it needs to drop the DC from its title as it's not a DC show anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Most of the original characters introduced in Legends are ass. Moana can die in a fire and Gary can join her. Ava is not interrupting and frankly it needs to drop the DC from its title as it's not a DC show anymore.
    Mona was a non-factor this season, only used in about 2 episodes. Which is good, as she's a character that can get annoying real fast. If they use her like they did this year, I won't really mind her on the show. I do agree that they need to move Gary down to that type of role as well, though.

Other than that, I never really had any issues with any of the other characters created for the show.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Even though they lost most of the comic characters, I’d argue picking up Constantine, who’s been a big player, was a win.

Nothing new. John Diggle was created for Arrow. Joe West for Flash. Alex Danvers for Supergirl. But these are all supporting characters and with LoT it is more of an ensemble. In none of these shows
    is any of the lead character, the title character someone not from the comic books. It would be like making Jack Bowman be Green Arrow, David Quick be The Flash. Leslie Taylor be Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Even though they lost most of the comic characters, I’d argue picking up Constantine, who’s been a big player, was a win.
    I hate what the show has been doing with him. I don't consider it a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Nothing new. John Diggle was created for Arrow. Joe West for Flash. Alex Danvers for Supergirl. But these are all supporting characters and with LoT it is more of an ensemble. In none of these shows
    is any of the lead character, the title character someone not from the comic books. It would be like making Jack Bowman be Green Arrow, David Quick be The Flash. Leslie Taylor be Supergirl.
    I'm not saying I agree with them replacing the lead of the show with a new character (I don't), I'm just saying it's not outside their normal scope to do so. It's easy to say that none of their other shows have replaced the lead with a new character when none of the other shows have had their lead actress quit on them mid-show.

I think Legends is a wholesale different beast altogether (and doesn't it have the weakest ratings of the Arrowverse shows?) to be comparing it to Batwoman. It barely even counts as a DC show anymore.

If Legends introduced a lead who was from the comics and played up their comic background only to end up replacing them with an OC, then I think there would be more of a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Legends is a wholesale different beast altogether (and doesn't it have the weakest ratings of the Arrowverse shows?) to be comparing it to Batwoman. It barely even counts as a DC show anymore.

If Legends introduced a lead who was from the comics and played up their comic background only to end up replacing them with an OC, then I think there would be more of a comparison.
    Ratings-wise, the only DC show it does better than is Black Lighting.

Also, it's an ensemble cast. Sara is mostly the "lead" but she wasn't when the show started, it sort of evolved that way. Of the 10 original members, only 3 stayed (Ray, Sara and Mick) and one of them isn't coming back next season. I'd say it's a good case for recasting a show with original characters.

Legends is considered the best Arrowverse show by a big part of the fandom, so there is that.

Um, haven't they pretty much replaced all the dc characters with their " original creations?" The only dc characters left are heat wave , steel, and Constantine.

Ratings-wise, the only DC show it does better than is Black Lighting.

Also, it's an ensemble cast. Sara is mostly the "lead" but she wasn't when the show started, it sort of evolved that way. Of the 10 original members, only 3 stayed (Ray, Sara and Mick) and one of them isn't coming back next season. I'd say it's a good case for recasting a show with original characters.
    Just on the level of it being an ensemble show instead of an ensemble centered around a major DC character like Batwoman is where I would draw the line on comparing the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Legends is considered the best Arrowverse show by a big part of the fandom, so there is that.
    What they do on Legends doesn't have much basis with the wider Arrowverse in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Better than Black Lightning? I want what that fandom is smoking.

I think they should give Batwoman more of a Rogues Gallery but they might be playing it "safe" until they figure out who they have access to.
    From what I understand, the comics Batwoman has her own rogue's gallery, so why aren't they using them?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    From what I understand, the comics Batwoman has her own rogue's gallery, so why aren't they using them?
    They probably don't want to burn through them quickly. Arrowverse shows like to have season long villains. They'll like save her actual villains for those roles.