Page 13 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

BANNED

realistically she should have her hair tied back, and if she was actually in the military she would know that...maybe she wasn't in this universe

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    realistically she should have her hair tied back, and if she was actually in the military she would know that...maybe she wasn't in this universe
    It's not her real hair.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's not her real hair.
    I guess that means it won't get in her face

I guess that means it won't get in her face
    Doesn't matter if it did. If TV!Kate has the same sort of training she did in the comics, she knows how to fight completely blind. A little hair in her face won't do anything.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Doesn't matter if it did. If TV!Kate has the same sort of training she did in the comics, she knows how to fight completely blind. A little hair in her face won't do anything.
    Okay, what if someone pulls on it though? I mean there's a reason cops and soldiers are forced to have shorter hair or tie it back

I haven't really been keeping up with this thread since the show is so far out (still many months away), and I didn't want to sift through a lot of speculation. Can someone tell me what we actually know so far about it please?

Okay, what if someone pulls on it though? I mean there's a reason cops and soldiers are forced to have shorter hair or tie it back
    Well... it's a wig. What do you think happens?

DC855.jpg

Oh, right. It comes off. 'Cause it's a wig.

Look, I'm sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm beyond tired of this being brought up as some sort of "gotcha" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I haven't really been keeping up with this thread since the show is so far out (still many months away), and I didn't want to sift through a lot of speculation. Can someone tell me what we actually know so far about it please?
    In terms of the story? Surprisingly little for sure. There's enough behind the scenes stuff to piece together some things, but they've kept things pretty locked down.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-08-2019 at 08:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not much but from what I've seen I would speculate that it follows Kate Kane investigating Bruce Wayne's disappearance while also being in control of his company. Everything else I think will semi-closely adapt her early solo stuff. Nora Fries, Luke Fox, Jacob Kane are part of the cast. Alice and Cheshire Cat are confirmed villains.
    Last edited by Elmo; 05-08-2019 at 08:49 AM.

BANNED

Well... it's a wig. What do you think happens?

DC855.jpg

Oh, right. It comes off. 'Cause it's a wig.

Look, I'm sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm beyond tired of this being brought up as some sort of "gotcha" or whatever.
    It's not a gotcha just on my mind lol. Wouldn't pulling off her wig reveal her identity as Kate Kane? Also, don't apologize for sarcasm. If you start then I have a lot of people I'll need to reach out to

Wouldn't pulling off her wig reveal her identity as Kate Kane?
    Why would it? Her face is still covered, and her hair isn't that distinct, especially at night (in the case shown here, it's a moot point because they already know who she is).

BANNED

Why would it? Her face is still covered, and her hair isn't that distinct, especially at night (in the case shown here, it's a moot point because they already know who she is).
    so then she doesn't even need the wig is what you're saying

so then she doesn't even need the wig is what you're saying
    Not strictly speaking, but it's useful as a disguise and a distraction.

BANNED

Not strictly speaking, but it's useful as a disguise and a distraction.
    Yeah I really couldn't imagine her without it at this point...it's iconic to her look and character. Black Canary, my favorite DC heroine, also wears a wig.

Batwoman has been ordered to series by The CW:

https://tvline.com/2019/05/07/batwom...-order-the-cw/

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Batwoman has been ordered to series by The CW:

https://tvline.com/2019/05/07/batwom...-order-the-cw/
    Annnnnnnnnnnd winnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah for most unsurprising news...ever!!!!!!!

I am a Ruby Rose fan out of the gate. I know nothing of Batwoman pretty much so I am going into it cold from that standpoint. We know how CW super shows go at this point of course. I liked her elseworlds appearance OK. My thought was and is that I need to see her in what will truly be her show and her environment to really judge the character and the show. What I am hoping (but not holding my breath for) is a break to the mold of supporting characters for the show, IE no adorkable computer nerd/whiz that can hack anything the plot demands in a given episode. I want a new dynamic. As I said tho, not holding my breath for it.