Page 131 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I'm expecting the premier is going to be Pilot-level rough because they're basically going to be writing a new shore more or less.
    I expect the worst but hope for the best ether way I'll give it a try.

It seems like they're eyeing Vanessa Morgan from Riverdale as the new Batwoman.

Is she bisexual like her character? Because she's married to a guy in real life...

Batwoman is a big character with her own CB series; Legends was an experiment from the get go. The comparison is, sorry, stupid. They want their own thing but want it with the warm comfort of an established IP title instead of doing what they should do: create their own IP for a new character. Batwoman now without Ruby Rose is bad; without Kate Kane even worse. Their complete new take might even had catched my interest if it was something complete new; but shoehorning all that under BWs cowl is just lame and kills it.

Also: Its not the costume that is lesbian; its the character. Its not like Kate Kane would suddenly became straight just because she dresses up as Black Canary. Kinda feels awkward how they handle this subtopic.

Is she bisexual like her character? Because she's married to a guy in real life...
    Batwoman is not bi.

edit: not that it freakin matters. Even for RR whom was bi afaik. And even if she was not; she should just act that part of Kate Kane properly.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why don't we all actually watch at least the first episode of season 2 before we give up on it and declare it the the worst thing ever?
    Because no matter how good or bad the first episode of season 2 is for many people it will still be that big red flag of "everything you might get invested in here will be thrown away the minute behind the scenes drama renders it difficult to do."

EDIT: It's like the seventh season of Supernatural. Even though it was objectively much better than season six, from the first episode of season seven they made it clear that none of the ideas or concepts of the sixth season were going to be relevant or mentioned later and that killed the show for me and a number of people I've talked to
    Last edited by Thezmage; 06-08-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Batwoman is not bi.

edit: not that it freakin matters. Even for RR whom was bi afaik. And even if she was not; she should just act that part of Kate Kane properly.
    I think Frontier was pointing out that the producers had committed to hiring a Lesbian for the lead role; however, that was when they were going to recast Kate, before they lost their damn minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Because no matter how good or bad the first episode of season 2 is for many people it will still be that big red flag of "everything you might get invested in here will be thrown away the minute behind the scenes drama renders it difficult to do."

EDIT: It's like the seventh season of Supernatural. Even though it was objectively much better than season six, from the first episode of season seven they made it clear that none of the ideas or concepts of the sixth season were going to be relevant or mentioned later and that killed the show for me and a number of people I've talked to
    I would have said Dallas, but then I'm old

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I would have said Dallas, but then I'm old
    Yeah, I was a bit busy coloring at that point

This is messy.

Vanessa Morgan recently complained about not getting paid as much as others on Riverdale, because of her race.

Making her the lead on Batwoman would fix that publicity problem.

However, that doesn't fit the commitment to making sure that the lead actress on Batwoman is an out lesbian.

There is also the difficulty of introducing a completely new character.

Thinking about this further, it seems there are advantages to making Chyler Leigh the lead. She plays a lesbian DEO agent in Supergirl, and came out in an emotional post on her website about creating change.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-chyler...omes-out-post/
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 06-08-2020 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Two news items may be connected.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit busy coloring at that point
    I wasn't that coordinated yet.

Here's a wild thought- instead of trying to cram a new character into Batwoman, why not just cancel Batwoman, green light Green Arrow and the Canaries, and then include Nolan Ryan or whoever the hell they are making in that lineup as a Batwoman Beyond? I think I'd be down for that.

Astonishing Member

They won't have to cancel this show, I don't see it lasting a second season after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is messy.

Vanessa Morgan recently complained about not getting paid as much as others on Riverdale, because of her race.

Making her the lead on Batwoman would fix that publicity problem.

However, that doesn't fit the commitment to making sure that the lead actress on Batwoman is an out lesbian.

There is also the difficulty of introducing a completely new character.

In unrelated news, Chyler Leigh, who plays a lesbian DEO agent in Supergirl, came out in an emotional post on her website about creating change.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-chyler...omes-out-post/

I'm glad she shared that, and I'm just kind of floored that supposedly good friends would distance themselves because she was playing a lesbian character. I guess sometimes you find out who your friends really are.

Okay, the only way I can see this working is if Kate does go missing at the beginning of Season 2. Than this Ryan- or whoever this character ends up being, because Ryan could be a placeholder name- has to become Batwoman. But here's the key- she hunts for and finds Kate (now recast) by midseason, and Kate becomes a mentor figure for her, a'la Old Bruce and Terry in Batman Beyond. You can even have her crippled so that she can't physically get back into the suit anymore, and blame any change in appearance on Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why don't we all actually watch at least the first episode of season 2 before we give up on it and declare it the the worst thing ever?
    I can't speak for others but for me, as both a fan of the comics and the first season, they are sh***ing all over a much loved character - just so they can use the brand as a shortcut to get people to pay attention to their OC.

It means they never cared for the source material and just wanted the Bat-brand. Instead of creating an original mantle, and supporting characters, for their original character, they just are just taking Kate's. And planning to kill her off or say she quit, to add insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Okay, the only way I can see this working is if Kate does go missing at the beginning of Season 2. Than this Ryan- or whoever this character ends up being, because Ryan could be a placeholder name- has to become Batwoman. But here's the key- she hunts for and finds Kate (now recast) by midseason, and Kate becomes a mentor figure for her, a'la Old Bruce and Terry in Batman Beyond. You can even have her crippled so that she can't physically get back into the suit anymore, and blame any change in appearance on Alice.
    I've read somewhere that Kate apparently dies during an Earthquake in Gotham.

I've read somewhere that Kate apparently dies during an Earthquake in Gotham.
    At least Batman's absence is a mystery, so far left open to audiences imagination.
    Might as well have gone with saying she slipped over in the bathtub and cracked her skull. Don't forget to "bury your gays", but hey it's apparently 'okay' as long as you replace them with another gay.

Rumors CW wants Vanessa Morgan to be the new Batwoman:
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-riverda...e-replacement/

If she isn't Kate Kane (which she won't be), not watching.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 06-08-2020 at 09:52 PM.