Page 132 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Okay, the only way I can see this working is if Kate does go missing at the beginning of Season 2. Than this Ryan- or whoever this character ends up being, because Ryan could be a placeholder name- has to become Batwoman. But here's the key- she hunts for and finds Kate (now recast) by midseason, and Kate becomes a mentor figure for her, a'la Old Bruce and Terry in Batman Beyond. You can even have her crippled so that she can't physically get back into the suit anymore, and blame any change in appearance on Alice.
    Kate hasn't been a hero long enough in universe to mentor anyone in the hero game. She's still growing into the role.

The petition has gotten more than 500 now. Maybe it will make it to 1000.
    If nothing else, at least it might let CW know the fanbase isn't happy, even though they will likely continue to ignore it.

https://www.change.org/p/the-cw-keep...ne-as-batwoman

I hope the petition keeps getting higher and higher and lets HOPE that will make TPTB change their minds with this silly idea of a brand new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I can't speak for others but for me, as both a fan of the comics and the first season, they are sh***ing all over a much loved character - just so they can use the brand as a shortcut to get people to pay attention to their OC.

It means they never cared for the source material and just wanted the Bat-brand. Instead of creating an original mantle, and supporting characters, for their original character, they just are just taking Kate's. And planning to kill her off or say she quit, to add insult to injury.
    It certainly adds insult to injury to do that but isn't that kinda what this show has already done. Kate was literally running around in Bruce's suit because he apparently just quit on the city and they took a lot of Bruce's stuff and kinda gave it to her. It's wrong they are doing this to Kate and I feel badly for fans who were so excited she was getting the spotlight of her own show especially given that she hadn't really had a huge spotlight on her in terms of media outside of comics, but given how they already kinda did the same thing to bruce is it really surprising they would do that here too.

CW has a horrible track record of just discarding characters and acting like its just no big deal as long as they replace them with something similar. The way arrow just casually disrespected Laurel/Black Canary and humiliating killed her off but not before they made sure her last lines as a character were to have the character say that the shows own creation Felicity was basically better than her. But hey they brought in another canary character and acted like that just made everything ok. They are doing the same thing to Kate here.

Arrowverse writers are the types who claim to "love" the source material to appease the comic sites and all of the fans who care about that but when you look at how they actually handle things its all just lip service.They all said at the beginning of the show how "important" kate kane was to them and how they needed to tell her story, and yet here we are a year or so later and they discard the character.
    Last edited by regg215; 06-09-2020 at 12:45 AM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    It certainly adds insult to injury to do that but isn't that kinda what this show has already done. Kate was literally running around in Bruce's suit because he apparently just quit on the city and they took a lot of Bruce's stuff and kinda gave it to her.
    If it was a Batman show and they replaced him with Kate, sure. But it is, and has always been, a Batwoman show - he was never replaced because it was never his show in the first place, he's in an upcoming film.

Kate is being replaced in her own show.

I didn't like how they changed Kate's story to have her just up and take Bruce's stuff, instead of create her own like in the comics, but I could forgive some strange changes. Tossing her out is too far though.

Also, Batwoman/Kate Kane actually is from the comics and part of the Batfamily. Hardly anyone wants this random insert that CW is making-up. They want to make an OC? Good for them, now go make an original mantle and supporting characters to go with her, don't try to pass her off as Batwoman.

It's like making a Batman show and replacing Bruce Wayne with an OC Batman that they just made-up, but after having a first season of Bruce.

Someone posted an audition:
    https://vimeo.com/426076273
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 06-09-2020 at 01:36 AM.

BANNED

Sadly not surprising with their track record regarding female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    If it was a Batman show and they replaced him with Kate, sure. But it is, and has always been, a Batwoman show - he was never replaced because it was never his show in the first place, he's in an upcoming film.

Kate is being replaced in her own show.

I didn't like how they changed Kate's story to have her just up and take Bruce's stuff, instead of create her own like in the comics, but I could forgive some strange changes. Tossing her out is too far though.

Also, Batwoman/Kate Kane actually is from the comics and part of the Batfamily. Hardly anyone wants this random insert that CW is making-up. They want to make an OC? Good for them, now go make an original mantle and supporting characters to go with her, don't try to pass her off as Batwoman.

It's like making a Batman show and replacing Bruce Wayne with an OC Batman that they just made-up, but after having a first season of Bruce.

Someone posted an audition:
    https://vimeo.com/426076273
    Yeah, somehow I doubt they would be doing this if it was a Batman show and replace Bruce Wayne after one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, somehow I doubt they would be doing this if it was a Batman show and replace Bruce Wayne after one season.
    Ironically you could possibly get away with it more with Batman than Batwoman. I know some are thinking "WTF" but if you created a mystery to Bruce's disappearance and introduce Dick coming home when he hears Bruce is gone and he decides to take the mantle until Bruce is found it could be workable.

But Kate has no protege and has only been Batwoman for a short time it's like they're saying the Kate character is replaceable by any bum off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    But Kate has no protege and has only been Batwoman for a short time it's like they're saying the Kate character is replaceable by any bum off the street.
    Well, when you read the character description for Ryan...

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

You bite your tongue sir! According to the leaked character description she is living in a VAN! Clearly she carries a bit more umph than any bum off the street!

A van!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    You bite your tongue sir! According to the leaked character description she is living in a VAN! Clearly she carries a bit more umph than any bum off the street!

A van!!!

giphy (37).jpg

10char
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 06-09-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    It certainly adds insult to injury to do that but isn't that kinda what this show has already done. Kate was literally running around in Bruce's suit because he apparently just quit on the city and they took a lot of Bruce's stuff and kinda gave it to her. It's wrong they are doing this to Kate and I feel badly for fans who were so excited she was getting the spotlight of her own show especially given that she hadn't really had a huge spotlight on her in terms of media outside of comics, but given how they already kinda did the same thing to bruce is it really surprising they would do that here too.

CW has a horrible track record of just discarding characters and acting like its just no big deal as long as they replace them with something similar. The way arrow just casually disrespected Laurel/Black Canary and humiliating killed her off but not before they made sure her last lines as a character were to have the character say that the shows own creation Felicity was basically better than her. But hey they brought in another canary character and acted like that just made everything ok. They are doing the same thing to Kate here.

Arrowverse writers are the types who claim to "love" the source material to appease the comic sites and all of the fans who care about that but when you look at how they actually handle things its all just lip service.They all said at the beginning of the show how "important" kate kane was to them and how they needed to tell her story, and yet here we are a year or so later and they discard the character.
    Felicity wasn't a creation of the show. She existed in DC comics as a Firestorm character.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Felicity wasn't a creation of the show. She existed in DC comics as a Firestorm character.
    To be clear, the name Felicity Smoak did belong to a Firestorm character, and she was a computer programer. That is the extent of the similarities between the two characters, however. The character of Felicity on the show, aside from those two things, was a completley different character.

I never had a problem with the shows Oliver and Laurel never getting back together. The relationship they had before the ship sinking was portrayed as toxic, and honestly I thought Stephen and Katie had better chemistry together as friends rather than as lovers. And you could see immideately that he had really good chemistry with Emily. The failing all around was the writing- lots of people I talked to who liked Felciity in seasons 1 and 2 really came to hate her in seasons 3 and 4, and that was because they were so heavy-handed with the love story. And that bit right before Laurel died was ri-goddamn-diculous.

I wish I knew exactly what their problem was with the character of Laurel. I'd almost say they had problems with Katie, except for the fact that they kept bringing her back. And she seemed game for everything they threw at her.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 06-09-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Maybe it was brought up earlier, but why not just use Barbara Gordon instead? Say she was Batgirl years earlier under Batman, but "retired" before Bruce disappeared. Now she's back as Batwoman. The connection is there. The training is there.

But overall, I agree that the foolish EPs just need to recast Kate, instead of bring in some random new character with zero connection to Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Maybe it was brought up earlier, but why not just use Barbara Gordon instead?
    Usage rights. Plus, Barbara Gordon isn't Batwoman.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)