Page 134 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Stargirl isn't Earth Prime.
    So? That wasn't my point. I was talking about the real world and that it's unlikely the CW would have ALL four female-lead superhero shows be blonde white women.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So? That wasn't my point. I was talking about the real world and that it's unlikely the CW would have ALL four female-lead superhero shows be blonde white women.
    You expect them to notice that and have a problem with it?

I mean, I don't think it's intentional...Stargirl isn't even nominally a CW show, it's DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Maybe it was brought up earlier, but why not just use Barbara Gordon instead? Say she was Batgirl years earlier under Batman, but "retired" before Bruce disappeared. Now she's back as Batwoman. The connection is there. The training is there.

But overall, I agree that the foolish EPs just need to recast Kate, instead of bring in some random new character with zero connection to Bruce.

I think they are using the character next season on Titans, so there is no way they could use her in the Arrowverse. Personally, I'd love to see Stephanie and a comics-accurate Cassandra more than Barbara, who has already been done. And much more than Ryan Hopkins or whoever the hell they are creating.

I like Kat MacNamara, but let's see, then the CW would have lead female superheroes, Supergirl, Stargirl, White Canary (she's the lead of Legends, for sure and is the face of that show) and the new Green Arrow .... all blonde white women? I don't see that happening...
    Well, GAatC kinda has 3 leads- two white women and Juliana. Yeah, that doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I said this

which was followed by

i'm not trying to be salty. but i come to forums to discuss. you guys don't need to shut down my opinion just because i was open to other possibilities. felt really lame.
    To be fair, at the time we said they the producers had come out and said they were recasting Kate. But that does sound like maybe it was BS now and they were stalling for time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I don't think it's intentional...Stargirl isn't even nominally a CW show, it's DC Universe.
    Plus, with Geoff Johns as a producer and this character meaning so much to him, there is no way he would have changed the character at all. But it does look like he's building a diverse team around her.

Astonishing Member

They really should have made Stargirl another ethnicity, really. It's not like being white is a defining feature for her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They really should have made Stargirl another ethnicity, really. It's not like being white is a defining feature for her.
    Seeing how the character is based on John's late sister and he's the main man in charge I sincerely doubt he would be on board for that change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Nothing shows respect for what Ruby did with Kate like killing off her character. You can just feel the admiration
    Makes me wonder, what the showrunner would have done, if she did not respect her.

Revealing that Kate was evil all along?

They would have shown more respect with just recasting Kate and going on like that. And at first it looked like they would do just that

Would have loved to see the talks about how to handle the situation^^
    Last edited by lowfyr; 06-10-2020 at 12:01 AM.

And...they're going to kill Kate, as others predicted:
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-kill-of...ose-kate-kane/

Berlanti and Dries are intent on having a big-steaming-dump all over the real Batwoman it seems. Replacing her with an impostor just isn't enough for them.

BANNED

Seeing that we have enough "women knowing martial arts and riding a motorcycle " in the CW alone who are not lesbians, I don't think that is a problem the series has.

And being a Bat-Character without knowing martial arts does not really work. Even Oracle still had known how to fight.

Regarding her backstory they did that in the season. I mean most of it was about her relationship with her father and her sister.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 06-10-2020 at 01:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

Berlanti and Dries are intent on having a big-steaming-dump all over the real Batwoman it seems. Replacing her with an impostor just isn't enough for them.
    It would look like it.

After all the talk about how she respected Rose and her version of Batwoman, makes me wonder what she would have done if she did not "respect" her.

Revealing that Kate was evil all along before killing her off?
    Last edited by lowfyr; 06-10-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    It would look like it.

After all the talk about how she respected Rose and her version of Batwoman, makes me wonder what she would have done if she did not "respect" her.

Oh I know this one: after killing her off and taking a dump, using her cape as toilet paper of course! Or that would be my prediction.

Anyway, if this all about some grudge with Rose, why sabotage your own show to get back at someone who likely doesn't care anymore? I mean, really, she's not on the payroll anymore while they are - seems incredibly stupid and petty.

Astonishing Member

This screams petty politics, and from the outside Rose comes off as in the right. There were rumours she was getting into conflicts with the production, no details on who (this reaction implies it was a show runner), which started when she had trouble adjusting to the lead role. It's really difficult to tell who's the right side and we might never learn it.

BANNED

Oh I know this one: after killing her off and taking a dump, using her cape as toilet paper of course! Or that would be my prediction.

Anyway, if this all about some grudge with Rose, why sabotage your own show to get back at someone who likely doesn't care anymore? I mean, really, she's not on the payroll anymore while they are - seems incredibly stupid and petty.
    I do not understand the reason for this either.

Okay, got a better one: A paternity-test emerges revealing that Kate is not Jacob's daughter, and so not Alice's sister, or Bruce's cousin. Ryan Wilder is discovered to be the long lost Kane daughter, Kate and Ryan were switched at birth.

I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This screams petty politics, and from the outside Rose comes off as in the right. There were rumours she was getting into conflicts with the production, no details on who (this reaction implies it was a show runner), which started when she had trouble adjusting to the lead role. It's really difficult to tell who's the right side and we might never learn it.
    I do not understand the reason for this either.
    Yeah, if they are trying to get at Rose, they are actually only harming themselves by ruining the show and alienating the fanbase.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 06-10-2020 at 04:08 AM.

BANNED

Okay, got a better one: A paternity-test emerges revealing that Kate is not Jacob's daughter, and so not Alice's sister, or Bruce's cousin. Ryan Wilder is discovered to be the long lost Kane daughter, Kate and Ryan were switched at birth.

I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Yeah, if they are trying to get at Rose, they are actually only harming themselves by ruining the show and alienating the fanbase.
    Wouldn't surprise me either.

Or they reveal that they were triplets and Kate was the evil one of the three. Beth was just misunderstood.
    I mean we are talking about CW here so soap opera solutions ,how outlandish they may be, would not really be a surprise . They even have the advantage of having the usual comic options to explain them.

Who wants to bet that the higher-ups will be surprised that their "solution" is not wellregarded in the Fanbase and the ratings will show that?
    Last edited by lowfyr; 06-10-2020 at 04:42 AM.