Page 135 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

WTF why not just recast the role? They recast Batman every ten minutes in the movies. And it's not like she's some character-defining actor like Iron Man and Wolverine had. She's perfectly replaceable. Personally seeing Kate recast with a different actress would barely warrant a shrug from me, whereas Batwoman no longer being Kate Kane wouldn't make any damned sense. Kate Kane IS Batwoman.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 06-10-2020 at 04:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    WTF why not just recast the role? They recast Batman every ten minutes in the movies. And it's not like she's some character-defining actor like Iron Man and Wolverine had. She's perfectly replaceable. Personally seeing Kate recast with a different actress would barely warrant a shrug from me, whereas Batwoman no longer being Kate Kane wouldn't make any damned sense. Kate Kane IS Batwoman.
    That is the 1 Million € Question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sorry if it felt like we were putting down your opinion.

It just did not seem like a practical decision to make from a show perspective...and, honestly, it still doesn't.
    No ifs about it that’s what you were doing. I was given no room or ability to even discuss or ponder my idea, you guys just came to tell me I was wrong. Apology accepted I guess

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    To be fair, at the time we said they the producers had come out and said they were recasting Kate. But that does sound like maybe it was BS now and they were stalling for time.
    Nope. I posted the official statement from the producers and nowhere did it say they were looking to recast the role. It was all conjecture. And just because I thought it was going to happen doesn’t mean I think it’s a good or practical idea. I just thought it made more sense in this particular instance.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The producers are very determine to destroy this show. When has killing off a popular hero in favor of a new character has ever worked out? It would be more merciful to kill the show at this point.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The producers are very determine to destroy this show. When has killing off a popular hero in favor of a new character has ever worked out? It would be more merciful to kill the show at this point.
    Because Greg wants to prove the haters that the show can succeed after all the bad press.
    We still have at least 6 months.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Who wants to bet that the higher-ups will be surprised that their "solution" is not wellregarded in the Fanbase and the ratings will show that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Because Greg wants to prove the haters that the show can succeed after all the bad press.
    We still have at least 6 months.

At this point, I think that Greg has so many irons in the fire that he just can't give a single show enough attention, even when it needs it. But I am hoping, since there is so much time, the the fan backlash causes them to reverse course as it has done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Agreed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I saw someone mention ratings and there's a chance it'll see better numbers for the first set of episodes (before it goes on its break) due to this nonsense. People will tune in to see if it's a ****-show or not.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    No ifs about it that’s what you were doing. I was given no room or ability to even discuss or ponder my idea, you guys just came to tell me I was wrong. Apology accepted I guess
    Well, I disagreed with the idea of it because it didn't seem very likely to me. But I don't think anyone could have predicted the direction they are taking with this.

I mean, how could anyone have known that:

- They would replace their lead character and basically do away with 90% of the storylines and development they had established in the first season, as well as in crossovers? Does Ryan get Kate's chair at the Hall of Justice just because she wears the suit? Now every Superhero is going to have to go "who?" every time they see her. The Tower on Supergirl having a switch for Batwoman seems pointless now that the Batwoman she's actually friends with and had stuff in common is gone.

- Not only replace their lead character but unceremoniously kill them off between seasons just to replace them after claiming the recasting was "out of respect" for the previous actress?

- Kill off one leading lesbian hero to replace them with another lesbian, as if that makes it okay. I get that they've made Batwoman being a lesbian part of her in-universe identity on the show, but there has got to be more to the identity then that.

- Replace a stalwart, diligent, and honorable military cadet Kate Kane with actual ties to Batman...with a criminal drug-runner who lives in a van and doesn't seem to have a problem killing.

- Replace an established DC comic character in their own show with a completely original character and call it a day. Would they have done this with The Flash? Green Arrow? Supergirl?

It's almost hard to take seriously at face-value.
    Nope. I posted the official statement from the producers and nowhere did it say they were looking to recast the role. It was all conjecture. And just because I thought it was going to happen doesn’t mean I think it’s a good or practical idea. I just thought it made more sense in this particular instance.
    The more we read about how they're approaching it, the less sense it seems to make....

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I disagreed with the idea of it because it didn't seem very likely to me. But I don't think anyone could have predicted the direction they are taking with this.

I mean, how could anyone have known that:

- They would replace their lead character and basically do away with 90% of the storylines and development they had established in the first season, as well as in crossovers? Does Ryan get Kate's chair at the Hall of Justice just because she wears the suit? Now every Superhero is going to have to go "who?" every time they see her. The Tower on Supergirl having a switch for Batwoman seems pointless now that the Batwoman she's actually friends with and had stuff in common is gone.

- Not only replace their lead character but unceremoniously kill them off between seasons just to replace them after claiming the recasting was "out of respect" for the previous actress?

- Kill off one leading lesbian hero to replace them with another lesbian, as if that makes it okay. I get that they've made Batwoman being a lesbian part of her in-universe identity on the show, but there has got to be more to the identity then that.

- Replace a stalwart, diligent, and honorable military cadet Kate Kane with actual ties to Batman...with a criminal drug-runner who lives in a van and doesn't seem to have a problem killing.

- Replace an established DC comic character in their own show with a completely original character and call it a day. Would they have done this with The Flash? Green Arrow? Supergirl?

It's almost hard to take seriously at face-value.

The more we read about how they're approaching it, the less sense it seems to make....
    ok so you didn't believe it, that's no reason to shut me down just because I saw it differently. nobody's arguing about the merits of that decision I simply wanted to be able to discuss my theory without a bunch of people blatantly telling me I'm wrong, not even talking about it with me. and you just repeating how unbelievable it is doesn't help because that's not the point.

BANNED

anyway I'm willing to give Ryan Wilder a chance, they don't want to recast Ruby Rose because they want the appeal of Ruby Rose playing a character in that universe. She is the biggest name of any Arrowverse lead so the only reason they would do this is because of her popularity. again please do not interpret this as me saying it's a great or smart decision. it's just my theory. I would prefer a character who is actually from the comics and part of the Bat mythos, someone of different ethnicity like Onyx would be cool (i think she already appeared in Arrow though) , but if they write her from the perspective of a complete outsider who knows of Batman just through observation, it could lead to some great storytelling. a character who does not deserve the mantle but takes it on anyway (as the producers have described) is pretty interesting imo.

omg he's talking heresy! how dare he not consider this the dumbest decision ever! how dare he try to see the good side in it!

ok so you didn't believe it, that's no reason to shut me down just because I saw it differently. nobody's arguing about the merits of that decision I simply wanted to be able to discuss my theory without a bunch of people blatantly telling me I'm wrong, not even talking about it with me. and you just repeating how unbelievable it is doesn't help because that's not the point.
    Again, I disagreed with you, but I apologize if it came off like I was shutting down your opinion and I was just illustrating why (if somewhat from hindsight) why I disagreed with the idea of them replacing Kate.
    anyway I'm willing to give Ryan Wilder a chance, they don't want to recast Ruby Rose because they want the appeal of Ruby Rose playing a character in that universe. She is the biggest name of any Arrowverse lead so the only reason they would do this is because of her popularity. again please do not interpret this as me saying it's a great or smart decision. it's just my theory. I would prefer a character who is actually from the comics and part of the Bat mythos, someone of different ethnicity like Onyx would be cool (i think she already appeared in Arrow though) , but if they write her from the perspective of a complete outsider who knows of Batman just through observation, it could lead to some great storytelling. a character who does not deserve the mantle but takes it on anyway (as the producers have described) is pretty interesting imo.
    Killing her character off between seasons and then replacing her with an OC doesn't seem like it's respecting her popularity. If anything they could have found a way to write her off that left her the option to come back but now they're definitively taking Kate Kane out.

It could be an interesting premise if the writing handles it well but I think it could also be a really rough transition from the sounds of it, especially because on the premise this Ryan character doesn't have any business being in the Batsuit.

anyway I'm willing to give Ryan Wilder a chance, they don't want to recast Ruby Rose because they want the appeal of Ruby Rose playing a character in that universe. She is the biggest name of any Arrowverse lead so the only reason they would do this is because of her popularity.
    I'm just a neutral observer in all of this, but also interpreted that as not wanting to close the door permanently on a return by Rose. A recast does just that, a new character does not. If she dies, it will be in a way that can be reversed or we the audience knows she's not really dead. Heck Kane might stage her own death for whatever reason. Plenty of ways they can go with this.

again please do not interpret this as me saying it's a great or smart decision. it's just my theory. I would prefer a character who is actually from the comics and part of the Bat mythos, someone of different ethnicity like Onyx would be cool (i think she already appeared in Arrow though)
    Speaking of that, CBR reported Vanessa Morgan is being considered.

omg he's talking heresy! how dare he not consider this the dumbest decision ever! how dare he try to see the good side in it!
    You're not wrong, per se, but all forums are echo chambers to varying degrees. All of them. People just want to talk among each other about the prevailing idea/theory. Pick your battles I guess and know when to move on. Its not fair but its life.

A small bit of good news: Kate's not getting killed:

Screenshot_20200610-110429.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A small bit of good news: Kate's not getting killed:

Screenshot_20200610-110429.jpg

She came prepared.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.