Page 136 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A small bit of good news: Kate's not getting killed:

Attachment 97457
    Good news indeed. I never thought she'd get killed off for real for real (see response to Elmo) but its good to have confirmation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm just a neutral observer in all of this, but also interpreted that as not wanting to close the door permanently on a return by Rose. A recast does just that, a new character does not. If she dies, it will be in a way that can be reversed or we the audience knows she's not really dead. Heck Kane might stage her own death for whatever reason. Plenty of ways they can go with this.

Speaking of that, CBR reported Vanessa Morgan is being considered.

You're not wrong, per se, but all forums are echo chambers to varying degrees. All of them. People just want to talk among each other about the prevailing idea/theory. Pick your battles I guess and know when to move on. Its not fair but its life.
    yeah you're right. i also agree that it feels like they want to leave it open for Ruby Rose to return.

with that tweet, it seems like my suspicions were true. I honestly haven't finished this series but I'm actually really interested to see where they take it in the next season

I'm just a neutral observer in all of this, but also interpreted that as not wanting to close the door permanently on a return by Rose. A recast does just that, a new character does not. If she dies, it will be in a way that can be reversed or we the audience knows she's not really dead. Heck Kane might stage her own death for whatever reason. Plenty of ways they can go with this.
    If they wanted to leave ambiguity I don't think they would have even needed to kill her off to do it. It's not like they killed Bruce and we still don't know what really happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they wanted to leave ambiguity I don't think they would have even needed to kill her off to do it. It's not like they killed Bruce and we still don't know what really happened to him.
    You'll argue with a sunny day won't you? I see what Elmo is talking about.

This is the takeaway: "A recast does just that, a new character does not." The rest is response to the rumor she'll be killed off. A rumor that has now been upgraded to fact that instead she'll disappear.

If you're still not clear that's on you, unlike him I'm not interested in going back and forth forever.

BANNED

but they aren't killing her off...

Attachment 97457
    You'll argue with a sunny day won't you? I see what Elmo is talking about.

This is the takeaway: "A recast does just that, a new character does not." The rest is response to the rumor she'll be killed off. A rumor that has now been upgraded to fact that instead she'll disappear.

If you're still not clear that's on you, unlike him I'm not interested in going back and forth forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    but they aren't killing her off...
    Sorry, did not see that...

Considering she was so committed to doing the show with Kate Kane, I'm still surprised to see she went for a recasting.

Weird idea I just had. Chyler Leigh (Alex on Supergirl) just allegedly came out though if you actually read what she said she didn't really come out as anything. She mostly just talks about how the journey of playing a lesbian on Supergirl has broadened her mind.

Chyler Leigh and Ruby Rose look similar and have similar body types. Could they really be planning on having Alex be the new Batwoman? Chyler's so called "coming out" fills the desire to have an LGBT in the role, its a familiar face, and Alex's character is one that could credibly step into the Batwoman role given her training and skills. It also makes future crossovers with Supergirl a lot less forced.

Meanwhile the showrunners are floating a red herring out there of this new character so as to keep the reveal secret as long as possible.

Probably not but it would be a whole lot better than this whole new character idea they have. While she isn't Kate Kane I'd rather see an established character than a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Weird idea I just had. Chyler Leigh (Alex on Supergirl) just allegedly came out though if you actually read what she said she didn't really come out as anything. She mostly just talks about how the journey of playing a lesbian on Supergirl has broadened her mind.

Chyler Leigh and Ruby Rose look similar and have similar body types. Could they really be planning on having Alex be the new Batwoman? Chyler's so called "coming out" fills the desire to have an LGBT in the role, its a familiar face, and Alex's character is one that could credibly step into the Batwoman role given her training and skills. It also makes future crossovers with Supergirl a lot less forced.

Meanwhile the showrunners are floating a red herring out there of this new character so as to keep the reveal secret as long as possible.

Probably not but it would be a whole lot better than this whole new character idea they have. While she isn't Kate Kane I'd rather see an established character than a new one.
    I think this is too elaborate if it's some kind of subterfuge to make Alex Batwoman, especially right after Supergirl developed an original vigilante identity for her.

It would also run into the same problem with Vanessa Morgan of having a (possibly) bisexual woman married to a man playing a lesbian Superhero.

I think this is too elaborate if it's some kind of subterfuge to make Alex Batwoman, especially right after Supergirl developed an original vigilante identity for her.

It would also run into the same problem with Vanessa Morgan of having a (possibly) bisexual woman married to a man playing a lesbian Superhero.
    I also don't think they would move Chyler off of Supergirl. Alex's relationship with Kara is a pivitol part of that show. Now, if Melissa decides to move on, and Chyler still wants to be a part of this universe, then I could see that happening, but not before.

Okay, new theory. Alice gets Kate, alters her appearance, and finds a way to reprogram her mind- and thus Kate become Ryan Gossling, or whatever they're calling her. And then she spends the season being Batwoman, only to find out at the end of the season she was Batwoman all along.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Attachment 97457
    Hopefully this means they're doing something similar to the Azrael idea I dropped.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I also don't think they would move Chyler off of Supergirl. Alex's relationship with Kara is a pivitol part of that show. Now, if Melissa decides to move on, and Chyler still wants to be a part of this universe, then I could see that happening, but not before.

Okay, new theory. Alice gets Kate, alters her appearance, and finds a way to reprogram her mind- and thus Kate become Ryan Gossling, or whatever they're calling her. And then she spends the season being Batwoman, only to find out at the end of the season she was Batwoman all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hopefully this means they're doing something similar to the Azrael idea I dropped.
    I've also seen speculation that Ryan is just a placeholder until they actually recast Kate and come up with a reason for it...but it's asking for a lot of faith from the fans on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Just because she doesn't have a name for it doesn't mean this wasn't a meaningful and hard decision for her and it doesn't deserve to be downplayed. Not everybody's sexuality is so easy to put a name on it, especially when you come to it later in life.

Good thing she isn't dying. That will hopefully leave the door open for Ruby to reconsider.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Attachment 97457
    They are giving Kate Bruce's subplot? Just lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They are giving Kate Bruce's subplot? Just lol.
    Suddenly I imagine Ryan writing a bunch of letters to Kate like Kate wrote to Bruce .

Insert "what would Kate do?" where Kate would say "what would Bruce do?"