Page 144 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

The best thing IMO for the fan-base would be to cancel the show, and release the rights so that one day a company that's actually passionate about the character and source material can do a proper adaption.

This is not the best thing for the cast and crew however, who rely on the show for continued employment, although it is up in the air as to how much longer the show will last after this. A lot of people keep saying the CW doesn't cancel anything, but they do actually, and the way things are going my guess is productions are only going to get more expensive. Hey, maybe the show will go on for years, but at the moment I doubt it.
    Or we could wait for season 2 and see how things turn out with Javicia in the role, instead of predicting doom and that show will be cancelled

The best thing CW can do right now to save the show is fire the show runner, whose imploding and taking the show with him, switch Javicia Leslie to be the new Kate Kane (nobody recognises her as not looking like Ruby Rose) and continue the plot threads from season 1. They won't do this.
    Ok thats the craziest idea I have heard so far, thats not going to happen...ever. Kate is an established white character in this universe, her father is white, her sister is white. Everyone knows her as white. And it also wouldnt be fair for Javicia cast. She is a black woman, let her play a black woman.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Or we could wait for season 2 and see how things turn out with Javicia in the role, instead of predicting doom and that show will be cancelled
    You can, that's fine, but I tuned in for Kate Kane not Ryan Wilder, or whatever they decide to call her.

Also, you left out the 'originally posted by' part of the quotes, that second quote isn't mine.

Astonishing Member

Ok thats the craziest idea I have heard so far, thats not going to happen...ever. Kate is an established white character in this universe, her father is white, her sister is white. Everyone knows her as white. And it also wouldnt be fair for Javicia cast. She is a black woman, let her play a black woman.
    I know. I'm also open to the idea of recasting her as another lead in tv show like Vixen and replacing her with a white lead. None of this will happen because CW aren't firing the show runner. It's infuriating since they're the real problem this show is going to die.

If some other company wanted to do a Batwoman show, and race swapped the Kane family, it's cool with me - as long as Kate Kane is still Batwoman. Or she is some version of Kate Kane.

I mean, they could change their names, like they did by swapping the name Bette Kane to Mary Hamilton. Just as long as the substance of the original character is still there.
    They changed Bette Kane to Mary Hamilton, but the essence is the same - she is for all intents and purposes the same character as from the comics, just a slightly different interpretation.

Ryan is literally described as "nothing like Kate Kane" though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think cancellation is the most merciful thing they can do with this show now. Just how much interest is there in this new character is there for the show's existing fanbase? It's been pretty universal just how bad of an idea going this route is. Season 2 is pretty much DoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think cancellation is the most merciful thing they can do with this show now. Just how much interest is there in this new character is there for the show's existing fanbase? It's been pretty universal just how bad of an idea going this route is. Season 2 is pretty much DoA.
    At this point I think they're mostly going to rely on the diversity of the casting of a black woman in the lead role and people curious about the new season. I'm not sure if that will carry the show though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is just a theory but from how the show runners are acting it's like they're trying to hurt Ruby Rose by taking it out on Kate Kane.
    What the hell happened there? oO

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point I think they're mostly going to rely on the diversity of the casting of a black woman in the lead role and people curious about the new season. I'm not sure if that will carry the show though.
    If the show had been The Flash popular, it probably could have weathered this particular storm. Since Batwoman was struggling already even before Ruby exited stage left, the odds don't look good for the program.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I agree.
    Also feel this article sums it up well: https://screenrant.com/batwoman-arro...ecast-mistake/

If she came with her own mantle it might do very well (or through gradual storytelling has the Batwoman mantle handed-down to her), but she's a replacement who comes at the expense of an existing character - which makes her creation feel tainted IMO.

Reminds me of how Luke replaced David as Batwing, and David was effectively erased from existence - though in story he retired. Pretty much erased IMO, and even there it might turn out to be a more respectful transition than what is being done here.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    What the hell happened there? oO
    Mostly theories based on seemingly odd behaviour (seen from the outside looking in, so it's not like anyone on the outside has full context).

But RR did nearly become paralyzed making this show and had to have emergency surgery. And later on the production assistant did actually become paralyzed from the waist down. Despite what the press releases said, surely that's got have had some level of impact on things. I don't recall hearing about these kind of accidents happening in other Arrowverse shows all in the one season, I mean maybe they did, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If the show had been The Flash popular, it probably could have weathered this particular storm. Since Batwoman was struggling already even before Ruby exited stage left, the odds don't look good for the program.
    And upsetting most of your original fan-base doesn't help either.

I hate that they chose to replace Kate with a new character that does not even exist in the comics.
    If they just recast Kate I would be all for it and happy for Season 2.
    But an entire new character just really angers me coz us fans of Kate have just been kicked to the curb and we are expected to get on board with Ryan.
    It doesn't sit well with me!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I hate that they chose to replace Kate with a new character that does not even exist in the comics.
    If they just recast Kate I would be all for it and happy for Season 2.
    I hate how the CW craps all over the source material. Yeah, it's nice to have a Batwoman show, but this will really just be 'Another Lady in a Batman-inspired outfit'. Why bother?

This is just speculation, but does anyone else think the new Batman Spin-off is going to hobble the Batwoman series even more?
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...bo-max-1302540

I mean, they are both set in Gotham, and no doubt this other series will take precedent, and have a higher budget.

Which could mean going into season 2, on top of the other issues - the Batwoman series could be further restricted in which villains, storylines, and supporting characters from the Batman universe that they are allowed to use.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I would be very surprised if Ryan is not in the costume in the first three episodes. KabutoRyders guess will be more or less how they will do it I think.
    I'm sure she'll be in costume by the end of the first episode. But in the middle of the episode, Mary may try to step in.

Maybe she can find inspiration from those knockoff Batwomen she treated.
    Oh, that's an option too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    This is just speculation, but does anyone else think the new Batman Spin-off is going to hobble the Batwoman series even more?
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...bo-max-1302540

I mean, they are both set in Gotham, and no doubt this other series will take precedent, and have a higher budget.

Which could mean going into season 2, on top of the other issues - the Batwoman series could be further restricted in which villains, storylines, and supporting characters from the Batman universe that they are allowed to use.
    They're going to be on a different network/service and will probably have very different takes on the material, so I'm not too concerned.

Ultimate Member

I think that we'll get a few episodes of people tuning in just to see if the new lady works or if the show has turned into a complete mess, I'll be surprised if the show makes it through its second season...