Page 147 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Kitty Pryde I've vaguely heard of, never heard it mentioned in her stories she was a Jew but okay. No idea who the other one is.
    Here's what you need to know.

Kitty Pryde roasted a demon with jet engines.

As for Ben Grimm, he's the ever loving blue eyed Thing.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm not loosing any sleep over Batgirl being canceled. I haven't agreed with the direction the book has been going since the New52, and it only got worse when they suddenly made her like 15 years younger.

Supergirl pisses me off, though. Along with the Leviathan comic being indefinitely postponed, which leave the fate of Eliza up in the air, there are about a dozen plot threads that have been left hanging.

And Batwoman needs her own comic book again. Hell, if the show runners can't respect the character, maybe the comic side would.

Is it a matter of sales, or is it that they are cycling out of those books to launch new ones, and intend to bring them back later?
    I agree Batgirl got worse when they made her younger like in the Batgirl Of Burnside Series. I was against that and disagreed with what they were doing.
    The recent series has been ok, at least Babs is drawn to look older and she is older.
    The stories are ok but could be better but at least the art is an improvement.
    The costume is better then Burnside but hate she has no cowl, so stupid.
    New 52 Batgirl by Gail Simone was perfect in my eyes and I wish they continued that.
    I read its not coz of sales and Batgirl was still doing good so maybe DC are just planning something new again.
    Hope Babs returns as Batgirl in a new book soon.
    Id love if Batwoman got her own comic book series again coz I hate that the show has thrown Kate Kane out, thats disrespectful to the fans of Batwoman and the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I hate that the show has thrown Kate Kane out, thats disrespectful to the fans of Batwoman and the show.
    IMHO it's not a Batwoman show anymore. Sure, they might call it a Batwoman show, but it's not. Batwoman is a character not a costume.

IMHO it's not a Batwoman show anymore. Sure, they might call it a Batwoman show, but it's not. Batwoman is a character not a costume.
    Multiple characters have been Batwoman in the comics. No, it's no longer a Kate Kane show, but it is still a Batwoman show.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Multiple characters have been Batwoman in the comics. No, it's no longer a Kate Kane show, but it is still a Batwoman show.
    I think the only other Batwoman in the comics is Kathy Kane unless we count the DCAU Batwomen.

Heck, Carrie Kelly became a Batwoman in DKR3.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I agree Batgirl got worse when they made her younger like in the Batgirl Of Burnside Series. I was against that and disagreed with what they were doing.
    The recent series has been ok, at least Babs is drawn to look older and she is older.
    New 52 Batgirl by Gail Simone was perfect in my eyes and I wish they continued that.
    I read its not coz of sales and Batgirl was still doing good so maybe DC are just planning something new again.
    Id love if Batwoman got her own comic book series again coz I hate that the show has thrown Kate Kane out, thats disrespectful to the fans of Batwoman and the show.
    I actually liked the Burnside costume; I just didn't think it made sense to get rid of the armored costume in exchange for- what, a leather jacket?

I actually liked the Burnside costume; I just didn't think it made sense to get rid of the armored costume in exchange for- what, a leather jacket?
    In context the Burnside suit made sense as to how it came about but Babs keeping it for as long as she did when it felt like such a prototype/unprofessional costume for a seasoned crimefighter just felt nonsensical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only other Batwoman in the comics is Kathy Kane unless we count the DCAU Batwomen.
    There were alternate reality/timeline ones.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Batgirl shouldn't be so difficult to do well. She's iconic -- and there is no need to fiddle with her age or costume to the degree they have.

Spectacular Member

On Kitty Pride being Jewish, that was shown in an issue with Dracula. Apparently to ward him of with a religious symbol you have to really beleive in it. Wolverine was unable to do anything with a cross but the super religious Nihhtcrawler made him retreat. Kitty was also not able to do anything with a cross, Dracula just grabbed the cross and threw it away and then started choking her. And then proceeded to burn his hands touching her Star of David necklace.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

There were alternate reality/timeline ones.
    So, non-canon.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

They should make a Batgirl tv show about Burnside Batgirl, only with Stephanie Brown.

It's as much a Batwoman show as the Catwoman (Patience Phillips) film was a Catwoman film.

Now where's the Batman show starring OC Joe Random?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Batgirl shouldn't be so difficult to do well. She's iconic -- and there is no need to fiddle with her age or costume to the degree they have.
    Yeh I totally agree.