Page 148 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    So, non-canon.
    Depends what you consider canon. Before the New 52, the Kingdom Come universe interacted with the main DC universe, and there was a Batwoman in that. There was also a Batwoman in the Superman/Batman comic that interacted with the main DCU, as well as a Batwoman in the Titans of Tomorrow universe in Teen Titans and they interacted with the main DCU on more than one occasion (even post-Rebirth). Being in a multiverse reality doesn't mean it's non-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    It's as much a Batwoman show as the Catwoman (Patience Phillips) film was a Catwoman film.

Now where's the Batman show starring OC Joe Random?
    That analogy doesn't work since Kate Kane isn't the first Batwoman. In that case Kate would be Patience in that scenario.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

One of the biggest downsides to the new character is that it derails all the work they did between Kate and Supergirl. They had a really good dynamic the way Ollie and Barry did. It's a shame we won't get to see that develop any further.

I hope that the new Batwoman is allowed to be in contact with Black Lightning and his daughters. Have them guest star in each others shows a few times.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that the new Batwoman is allowed to be in contact with Black Lightning and his daughters. Have them guest star in each others shows a few times.
    Unless Batwoman is filmed in Atlanta I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    One of the biggest downsides to the new character is that it derails all the work they did between Kate and Supergirl. They had a really good dynamic the way Ollie and Barry did. It's a shame we won't get to see that develop any further.
    We're probably not going to see the Batwoman switch in The Tower used any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That analogy doesn't work since Kate Kane isn't the first Batwoman. In that case Kate would be Patience in that scenario.
    • In comics cannon Earth-1 Kate Kane is Batwoman.
    • In the Arrowverse cannon Earth-Prime Kate Kane is the first Batwoman.
    • In the Bombshells universe Kate Kane is Batwoman.
    • In the Injustice universe Kate Kane is Batwoman.
    • In the Lil Gotham universe Kate Kane is Batwoman.

Patience Phillips exists only in the Catwoman film, not in the comics or other films/TV.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 07-22-2020 at 12:47 AM.

• In comics cannon Earth-1 Kate Kane is Batwoman.
    • In the Arrowverse cannon Earth-Prime Kate Kane is the first Batwoman.
    • In the Bombshells universe Kate Kane is Batwoman.
    • In the Injustice universe Kate Kane is Batwoman.
    • In the Lil Gotham universe Kate Kane is Batwoman.

Patience Phillips exists only in the Catwoman film, not in the comics or other films/TV.
    So because Kate Kane is the most popular Batwoman she's the only Batwoman?

By that logic, Tim Drake was never Robin because he's rarely used in other media. Barbara Gordon's the only Batgirl because 99% of the time they never speak of Cassandra or Stephanie being Batgirl.

Batwoman isn't Kate Kane. It's an identity. Kate Kane is a Batwoman.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Even in the comics Kate has been the only Batwoman. Remember that Kate is a nickname. Her actual name is Katherine. Grant Morrison had to make Kathy a completely separate character from Kate in his run but it still stands that a Kate is Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Even in the comics Kate has been the only Batwoman. Remember that Kate is a nickname. Her actual name is Katherine. Grant Morrison had to make Kathy a completely separate character from Kate in his run but it still stands that a Kate is Batwoman.
    Retcon is Retcon. Just because it isn't that way in current continuity doesn't mean it never happened.

Retcon is Retcon. Just because it isn't that way in current continuity doesn't mean it never happened.
    That wasn't my point. Batwoman has been Kate. A different Kate yea but still Kate.

So because Kate Kane is the most popular Batwoman she's the only Batwoman?

By that logic, Tim Drake was never Robin because he's rarely used in other media. Barbara Gordon's the only Batgirl because 99% of the time they never speak of Cassandra or Stephanie being Batgirl.

Batwoman isn't Kate Kane. It's an identity. Kate Kane is a Batwoman.
    Nope. Batwoman isn't a legacy mantle like Robin.
    Notice how the grown Robins all have their own not-passed-down mantles - because Nightwing, Red Hood, Drake etc aren't legacy mantles. I know Red Hood is a reference to Joker's old mantle, but that's a story that adds to it.

https://screenrant.com/batwoman-arro...ecast-mistake/

My point isn't that Kate is "the most popular" Batwoman, she is the cannon Batwoman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Batwoman has been Kate. A different Kate yea but still Kate.
    Agreed. Katherine Kane is Batwoman.
    An older version may have morphed into an updated version, but characters get updated, still Katherine Kane either way.

Nope. Batwoman isn't a legacy mantle like Robin.
    Notice how the grown Robins all have their own not-passed-down mantles - because Nightwing, Red Hood, Drake etc aren't legacy mantles. I know Red Hood is a reference to Joker's old mantle, but that's a story that adds to it.

https://screenrant.com/batwoman-arro...ecast-mistake/

My point isn't that Kate is "the most popular" Batwoman, she is the cannon Batwoman.

Agreed. Katherine Kane is Batwoman.
    An older version may have morphed into an updated version, but characters get updated, still Katherine Kane either way.
    Robin wasn't a mantle until it was passed down. Batman wasn't a mantle until it was passed down. Flash wasn't a mantle until it was passed down. Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't be.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Robin wasn't a mantle until it was passed down. Batman wasn't a mantle until it was passed down. Flash wasn't a mantle until it was passed down. Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't be.
    Can it be passed down in this universe? Sure. Should Batwoman's mantle be passed down this way after only Season 1? I'm thinking no for quite a few reasons.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Can it be passed down in this universe? Sure. Should Batwoman's mantle be passed down this way after only Season 1? I'm thinking no for quite a few reasons.
    I agree with this. I don't like the idea of a new character and I feel they should have re-cast. Hollywood's inability to re-cast characters is a major problem, but that's a rant for another day.

I just think that it's incredibly short sighted to claim a character can only be a specific version of that character when history has stated otherwise on numerous occasions.

I mean, I'm not saying that there can't be more than one Batwoman but this series was geared and designed so much around the modern Batwoman of Kate Kane that I just don't think it lends itself at all to replacing her like this.