Page 151 of 233 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

First look at the new Batwoman courtesy of Jim Lee's promo art for DC FanDome:

So they're not even going to give her a unique style. Barely noticeable differences in the suit.
    What ever happened to costumes being a reflection of a character's personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So they're not even going to give her a unique style. Barely noticeable differences in the suit.
    What ever happened to costumes being a reflection of a character's personality.

To be honest I'm not sure if the red wig still works. I'm kind of getting season 1 Titans Starfire vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So you've seen season 2 already and know this for a fact?
    There's no Kate Kane. Without Kate Kane, there is no real connection to any of the other characters. There's no tie to Alice. No tie to Jacob Kane and the Crows. No tie to Sophie, or Mary or anybody. All they got is some Mary Sue who lives in a van down by the river who wants revenge against the Scarecrow and who may or may not fight Victor Zsasz. So why bother even streaming Season 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First look at the new Batwoman courtesy of Jim Lee's promo art for DC FanDome:

My takeaway- I hope that means Melissa won't have bangs when Supergirl comes back.

I only just realized now that we're retroactively getting another character known for being a redhead played by a black actor. I know they're not playing Kate Kane and in-universe Kate wasn't a redhead, but does this make like the 10th or 11th time this has happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    There's no Kate Kane. Without Kate Kane, there is no real connection to any of the other characters. There's no tie to Alice. No tie to Jacob Kane and the Crows. No tie to Sophie, or Mary or anybody.
    Not directly, no. But so what? Ryan taking Kate's place is automatically going to create connections to every single one of those other characters when they find out. Can't you imagine how Alice is going to react to that news, after she just got into a position to take Kate down? Or how the Crows will respond to there being another Batwoman about? Etc. The exact nature of those reactions is speculative, but they're absolutely going to happen. I don't get this idea that there's just going to be a vacuum as a result of Kate's absence, or that the other characters will just flounder about aimlessly. Just because none of us might be able to see the way forward doesn't mean there isn't a way.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-18-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Just because none of us might be able to see the way forward doesn't mean there isn't a way.
    The way forward for me personally: I don't watch it, which I won't - I've moved on to better shows such as The Boys, Watchmen, and going to start Doom Patrol next.
    I will, however, keep expressing my displeasure here for as long as it suits me and until I grow tired of it. Seems I'm not the only one either.

BANNED

If someone would take only one thing from all of this it would be that the people running the show should have been replaced not the lead.

I mean, the injuries on set, than the handling of getting a new actress. Same role with a new actress would have been the best way, but no they had to get anything wrong they could.
    And I must say any time I read the description of the new role, it is a little too much.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 08-19-2020 at 12:07 AM.

The way forward for me personally: I don't watch it, which I won't - I've moved on to better shows such as The Boys, Watchmen, and going to start Doom Patrol next.
    I will, however, keep expressing my displeasure here for as long as it suits me and until I grow tired of it. Seems I'm not the only one either.
    You don't get to complain about things you don't, or won't, watch.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    If someone would take only one thing from all of this it would be that the people running the show should have been replaced not the lead.

I mean, the injuries on set, than the handling of getting a new actress. Same role with a new actress would have been the best way, but no they had to get anything wrong they could.
    And I must say any time I read the description of the new role, it is a little too much.
    Well, if they'd done a spin-off and focuses on another hero it wouldn't be an issue, or of course just recast. But the way they went about not just replacing the lead character, but doing so in a way that basically spits on her, what with the new OC being "likeable", and "nothing like Kate Kane" - it's basically a slap to the existing fan-base IMO.

Now add to that that the OC will be taking off with her family and hero identity, and the whole thing doesn't sit well at all. As a fan of the comics and the first season: I for one feel metaphorically spat upon by the CW saying Kate Kane isn't good enough just to be recast, and their OC is the 'better' option.

You don't get to complain about things you don't, or won't, watch.
    Says you - who have no authority. I watched the first season, and as you said yourself, season two isn't even out yet.

Go make a 'Batwoman 2021 Discussion Thread' when you're ready, I likely won't even look at it. But I'm staying in this 2019 thread for as long as it suits me. I'm not happy about what's happened and I'm allowed to not be happy. I haven't broken any rules, and you're no moderator, even if you pretend to be.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 08-19-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Says you - who have no authority. I watched the first season, and as you said yourself, season two isn't even out yet.

I don't understand how that follows from anything I just said. If you're not going to watch season 2 as you said you weren't, then you don't get to complain about season 2. Isn't that a given? That you have to watch/read/play the thing in question before you make an evaluation?

I don't understand how that follows from anything I just said. If you're not going to watch season 2 as you said you weren't, then you don't get to complain about season 2. Isn't that a given? That you have to watch/read/play the thing in question before you make an evaluation?
    I didn't say I was complaining about season 2 per say (which as of now only exists as plans and concept), I said I'm going to continue to express my upset at what has happened to the show here in this thread until I've had enough - which has nothing to do with watching season 2.

Honestly, by the time it's out I doubt I'll be paying the show any attention at all.

BANNED

Well, if they'd done a spin-off and focuses on another hero it wouldn't be an issue, or of course just recast. But the way they went about not just replacing the lead character, but doing so in a way that basically spits on her, what with the new OC being "likeable", and "nothing like Kate Kane" - it's basically a slap to the existing fan-base IMO.

Now add to that that the OC will be taking off with her family and hero identity, and the whole thing doesn't sit well at all. As a fan of the comics and the first season: I for one feel metaphorically spat upon by the CW saying Kate Kane isn't good enough just to be recast, and their OC is the 'better' option.
    For sure. At best Kate will not be talked about any more after the first episodes of season 2, at worst they will talk bad about her in the show and how much better the new one is to continue the "isn't good enough" stuff.
    And be surprised that the show tanks during season 2. But seeing what they did wrong and taking lessons from it does not seem to be a thing among the showrunners of this show.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 08-19-2020 at 02:23 AM.