Page 152 of 233 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So they're not even going to give her a unique style. Barely noticeable differences in the suit.
    What ever happened to costumes being a reflection of a character's personality.

Cass and Stephanie look great. Is that Babs or Kate? Her design is a subpar effort. Random awkwardly flying in painted on clothes with a belt and cape. I'm picturing her thinking to herself "Whatever" in that pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not directly, no. But so what? Ryan taking Kate's place is automatically going to create connections to every single one of those other characters when they find out. Can't you imagine how Alice is going to react to that news, after she just got into a position to take Kate down? Or how the Crows will respond to there being another Batwoman about? Etc. The exact nature of those reactions is speculative, but they're absolutely going to happen. I don't get this idea that there's just going to be a vacuum as a result of Kate's absence, or that the other characters will just flounder about aimlessly. Just because none of us might be able to see the way forward doesn't mean there isn't a way.
    All of that just sounds contrived to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Cass and Stephanie look great. Is that Babs or Kate? Her design is a subpar effort. Random awkwardly flying in painted on clothes with a belt and cape. I'm picturing her thinking to herself "Whatever" in that pose.
    It's Babs. It looks as skintight as Cass' look but her being more prominent in the shot makes it more noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All of that just sounds contrived to me.
    How so? If the premise is that Kate goes missing and someone else takes her place, then all of the characters who knew her would react to that. They'd have to. It'd be contrived if they didn't.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How so? If the premise is that Kate goes missing and someone else takes her place, then all of the characters who knew her would react to that. They'd have to. It'd be contrived if they didn't.
    How much of her cast is coming back? Having a brand new lead would mean they will need a supporting cast to call their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How much of her cast is coming back? Having a brand new lead would mean they will need a supporting cast to call their own.
    Why? Ruby Rose quit, they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Why? Ruby Rose quit, they didn't.
    Not like it hasn't happened before. When Stein got killed off in Legends they wrote Jax off the show even though his character could have stuck around. Seeing how none of Kate's cast as any connection to Ryan I don't see the point in keeping them all around.

Not like it hasn't happened before. When Stein got killed off in Legends they wrote Jax off the show even though his character could have stuck around. Seeing how none of Kate's cast as any connection to Ryan I don't see the point in keeping them all around.
    Wasn't that show always designed to basically be musical chairs in regards to the cast? The only constant is Sara and I don't even think she's immune to that.

Once again, it doesn't make sense to punish the cast (let alone the folks behind the scenes from the key grip to the kraft food services people) for the decision of one person. If all you got as a counter is a show designed to be shuffled from time to time, I'd have to point out various examples outside of CW. One of the most popular is of course, Spin City. Babylon 5 comes to mind. Irregardless of why the lead left (story purposes, actors didn't want to return, etc), it doesn't necessarily mean new cast. LEAD left, not them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Wasn't that show always designed to basically be musical chairs in regards to the cast? The only constant is Sara and I don't even think she's immune to that.

Once again, it doesn't make sense to punish the cast (let alone the folks behind the scenes from the key grip to the kraft food services people) for the decision of one person. If all you got as a counter is a show designed to be shuffled from time to time, I'd have to point out various examples outside of CW. One of the most popular is of course, Spin City. Babylon 5 comes to mind. Irregardless of why the lead left (story purposes, actors didn't want to return, etc), it doesn't necessarily mean new cast. LEAD left, not them.
    That's the unfortunate reality of the situation. They centered was anchored by Kate's relationship and personal drama. With the producers decision to go with a new lead it potentially fucks everybody.

That's the unfortunate reality of the situation. They centered was anchored by Kate's relationship and personal drama. With the producers decision to go with a new lead it potentially fucks everybody.
    It depends on how they do it. Its all speculation but the more info that comes out about the situation the worse it seems and thus a lot of people have no faith they can pull this off in any way that makes narrative sense.

That I get. So I guess it boils down to execution, cause it could be done cleverly, clumsily, or somewhere in between.

My only contention is history itself (shows outside CW) has shown that the lead leaving doesn't necessarily mean new cast. One of my favorite examples, even though he returned for a few eps in the final season, is William Boone in Earth: Final Conflict. He was "killed" in the opening of season 2, and Liam Kincaid was used as the new lead for the rest of season 2 all the way to the end of season 4 (he returned in season 5 for the series finale). But he "inherited" the existing cast, and they had to shoehorn in connections between himself and them. Did it work? Mileage varies but I think so. It can, in theory, work here, too. Practice, though, is another thing.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Which is why just getting a new Kate would have been the optimal thing to do.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm very curious on how the writing team will solve this, same with Hartley Sawyer's departure over at The Flash.

I know, but the whole situation and them having to deal with it just feels contrived to me, especially with how season 1 was developed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So they're not even going to give her a unique style. Barely noticeable differences in the suit.
    What ever happened to costumes being a reflection of a character's personality.
    Couldn't fit personality into the budget, bruv.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I'm very curious on how the writing team will solve this, same with Hartley Sawyer's departure over at The Flash.
    Erased by time waves.