Page 159 of 233 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    So Ryan Wilder is making her first comics debut in the final issue of Batgirl issue 50.
    This worries me, hope Kate remains Batwoman in the comics!
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/...ut/%3famp=true
    Kate has been noticeably absent from most of the Bat-Family events lately (though she did get an issue of Joker War in 'Tec), DC is getting ready to toss her I suspect, but maybe she'll get an epic death in comics, which IMHO would at least be better than going into limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ryan Wilder will make her comic debut in Batgirl #50. She's an old friend of Barbara when she worked as a librarian

https://www.ign.com/articles/batwoma...-batgirl?amp=1
    Now I'm half-expecting her to replace Batgirl .

BANNED

Sadly it wouldn't suprise me. It would just DC being DC.

They're already trying out "Batgirls" - I don't know if anyone is getting replaced. The move lately seems to be keeping multiple versions of heroes around with the same name.

DC also hasn't really been trying to align with the tv shows. They'll introduce Diggle, but leave Vibe, Ray Palmer and Firestorm, etc in limbo. I wouldn't be too worried about Kate just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They're already trying out "Batgirls" - I don't know if anyone is getting replaced. The move lately seems to be keeping multiple versions of heroes around with the same name.

DC also hasn't really been trying to align with the tv shows. They'll introduce Diggle, but leave Vibe, Ray Palmer and Firestorm, etc in limbo. I wouldn't be too worried about Kate just yet.
    Exactly. They don't really do synergy for shows. And when they've tried to synergize, it hasn't really panned out. Remember New 52 Felicity? She was around for a bit, and then completely vanished. And lest we forget that horrible Legends of Tomorrow comic. So any attempts to adapt tv stuff has failed over all. So I wouldn't worry about anything, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

We don't really know if they're doing a "Batgirls" yet. As far as we know Steph and Cass aren't officially calling themselves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Exactly. They don't really do synergy for shows. And when they've tried to synergize, it hasn't really panned out. Remember New 52 Felicity? She was around for a bit, and then completely vanished. And lest we forget that horrible Legends of Tomorrow comic. So any attempts to adapt tv stuff has failed over all. So I wouldn't worry about anything, honestly.
    New 52 Felicity was kind of fun if only because she finally got arrested for something .

Isn't John Diggle also around in the comics now?
    Which is funny, considering he was apparently meant to be John Stewart all along^^

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Isn't John Diggle also around in the comics now?
    Which is funny, considering he was apparently meant to be John Stewart all along^^
    Or who remember when Chloe Sullivan came into the comics.... and left 5 minutes later.

While Diggle has stayed around, Felicity was only in the comics because those were the issues that Guggenheim were writing. The main villain of the story was obviously supposed to be Malcolm Merlyn, and they brought back Mia Dearden and I think made her King (Malcolm)'s daughter, a'la Thea. As soon as Guggenheim was done, Felicity and Mia were both gone, never to be spoken of again.

As for Jean Wilder or whatever they are calling her coming into comics, DC is launching a company wide... event(?) where all of the main characters are being replaced. There will be a new, Brazillian Wonder Woman, a Batman that is probably Luke Cage, and I think Jon Kent will become the new Superman while the originals are all sidelined in their own stories. And yeah, it looks like there will be multiple Batgirls, or at least Stephanie and Cassandra are wearing the bat on their costumes now.

This does bring to mind one very important question- if it had worked out that they had introduced Ryan Wilder in the comics and made her the new Batwoman BEFORE Ruby had quit and they decided to create a new character instead of just recasting, would a lot of us be more forgiving of the show and more willing to give it a chance?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-24-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    This does bring to mind one very important question- if it had worked out that they had introduced Ryan Wilder in the comics and made her the new Batwoman BEFORE Ruby had quit and they decided to create a new character instead of just recasting, would a lot of us be more forgiving of the show and more willing to give it a chance?
    If we had still known the reasons for introducing a new Batwoman, I think people would have been just as skeptical.

Barbara Gordon (Ironically was a requested creation by Will Dozier of the Adam West Batman show and appeared in the show and comics at the same time) and then you have Harley Quinn, Renee Montoya, Perry White, Firestar, Phil Coulson all created on film, tv, or radio and transitioned into the comics.

It's not a given that a tv created character won't transition well into the comics it comes down to the writing of the transition. Personally I'm against Kate being replaced in the comics but it's not automatic that Ryder will fail although I didn't care for her in that preview.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Then they should have done a full reboot - not use Kate's family members etc where everything is still setup for Kate's story. Either recast and keep what's going, or do a full reboot IMHO. Going in half-hearted like this damages the new character.

Imagine if Kate's show had her living at Wayne manor with Alfred and Dick, her best friend was Babs, and she battles the Joker. Perhaps an extreme example, but I think you get my point.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I really want the new season of Batwoman to start

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    I really want the new season of Batwoman to start
    I'm actually afraid to see what the show looks like now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm actually afraid to see what the show looks like now.
    Me too. I think it can't get so bad, but after hearing what went on I am not really optimistic

So they released the new Batwoman's look and I must say I really like it, especially the hair. It's better in this version. The other one, only the tips are red.

batwoman-first-look-photos-01.jpg