Page 162 of 233 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'd be interested, if I had any faith whatsoever that they had a plan for what exactly happened to Kate. As it is, I don't think they have any idea, and I don't think they know how they will either bring her back or keep her written out permanently.
    I think they do. There was an audition scene floating around months ago that implies this will be a plot point.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I really like Ryan Wilder in the red Batwoman wig. It looks really good, im not a fan of the new wig at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I think they do. There was an audition scene floating around months ago that implies this will be a plot point.
    Yeah. The plot point is what happened to Kate. The thing is, I don't believe the writers KNOW what happened to Kate. Just like I don't think they ever knew what happened to Bruce.

It's just gonna be a mystery, and I'm not confident they will ever answer it.

Yeah. The plot point is what happened to Kate. The thing is, I don't believe the writers KNOW what happened to Kate. Just like I don't think they ever knew what happened to Bruce.

I fully don't expect them to have a satisfactorily solution in place to deal with such a major character they wrote out because they can't use them anymore, but I'm happy to be wrong.

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

If they actually come up with what happened to Kate, a solid story that either writes her out, or ends up with her being recast later, I'll gladly go back and watch the show. But until I know for certain that they will do that, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It sounds like almost a different show and yet the same show, just replace Bruce with Kate.

It wouldn't be that hard - they *******phed* it when Luke hinted to Kate that Bruce left after he murdered the Joker. And Kate killed someone...

I think it could have been interesting if Kate knew Ryan and actually left the suit with her. Then Ryan would have this secret they can milk for awhile, and it would help with her credibility though we'd all still want to know how she knows Kate and why she left her the suit, etc... But anyway, we'll see where they go with this.

*Why would the site censor half the word t e l e g r a p h e d ??

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The Kate mystery doesn't really intrigue me much. At the end of the day, I want to be sold on Ryan Wilder by herself, without any attachments to anything that came before. I wasn't interested in Kate because of the Bruce mystery (I cannot stand Bruce in almost any form). That mystery was irrelevant to everything, imo.

Plus, if there's going to be anyone investigating any Kate mystery, it should probably be one of her family/friends in the Bat suit rather than a newbie. S1 introduced several awesome, strong women that have better motives and that I'd rather in the Bat suit than a new character.

But I'm hopeful and open-minded for Ryan. My support is just contingent as if she were any other new blank slate for sale.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

A short interview and scene:

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It wouldn't be that hard - they *******phed* it when Luke hinted to Kate that Bruce left after he murdered the Joker. And Kate killed someone...

I think it could have been interesting if Kate knew Ryan and actually left the suit with her. Then Ryan would have this secret they can milk for awhile, and it would help with her credibility though we'd all still want to know how she knows Kate and why she left her the suit, etc... But anyway, we'll see where they go with this.

If need be, they can just recast when it comes time for her to return to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    If need be, they can just recast when it comes time for her to return to the story.
    That will only open old wounds IMO if done because Kate fans will say and rightfully so why not do that from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

...who's to say that's not exactly what will happen? The entire season long story arc doesn't have to be told NOW, does it? If we know the beginning middle AND end, what's the point in watching it?

Because it sounds too sexy? lol No clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That will only open old wounds IMO if done because Kate fans will say and rightfully so why not do that from the start.
    I still hold to the theory that they didn't recast to keep the door open to Ruby Rose's return, either in a part time capacity (two Batwomen) OR one 2-5 minute cameo each season. Regardless of what Rose herself says, the producers at least want that option on the table. They want that door open, as a recast permanently shuts that door.

... or maybe they'll say Kate and Ralph Dibney went on a super-secret mission together...

.. or Kate was also kidnapped by aliens like Sarah on "Legends" but she's on a different ship...

... or she was recruited to join Bruce doing something really important...

I think the creators have as much expectation of bringing Kate back as they did bringing the actual Bruce in.