Page 163 of 233 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Bluebird

Me? I'm just honestly curious if they bring in more Bat-Family characters into the fold. They already have Luke Fox in there, so there's precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Me? I'm just honestly curious if they bring in more Bat-Family characters into the fold. They already have Luke Fox in there, so there's precedent.
    I think Nicole Kang teased doing some training, so maybe we'll get Flamebird this season? Although I feel like it's missing something since Mary won't get to be her sisters sidekick.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Nicole Kang teased doing some training, so maybe we'll get Flamebird this season? Although I feel like it's missing something since Mary won't get to be her sisters sidekick.
    I'll admit that I've been rather vocal about Harper Row/Bluebird being on the show, mainly due to her character kinda fitting the whole aesthetic, and her being bisexual would add to the diversity of the show.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Julia Pennyworth was on the show wasn't she? They can make her a recurring character.

The Arrowverse is already starting on a lot of lowpoints this year, ready for another one?

Crossover between Batwoman and Superman & Lois cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The Arrowverse is already starting on a lot of lowpoints this year, ready for another one?

Crossover between Batwoman and Superman & Lois cancelled
    Honestly smart choice. I'm sure there were also factors of there being a new Batwoman too.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Batwoman's Season 2 Stunts Will Change How the Show Is Shot

New Batwoman star Javicia Leslie wants to be sure the stunts on The CW action series serve the storytelling, and that has brought about some changes in the way the show is filmed.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Leslie described a scene from the fourth episode which deals with missing Black children in Gotham City. In it, she insisted on being the one to vault away from a child Batwoman has met, as she felt a switch to a shot of a stunt double would not have served the scene. "I didn't want the camera angle to change, because this was a moment that you needed to see her connect with this kid and exit the scene in one shot," Leslie said. "We cannot turn [the camera] and make it someone else. It has to be me."
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-season-...hange-filming/

Mighty Member

Almost showtime.

Mighty Member

Pretty good season premiere.

While I didn't watch, I did read a recap out of morbid curiosity.

I'll post my thoughts on that later, since I can't figure out spoiler tags on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I'll post my thoughts on that later, since I can't figure out spoiler tags on this board.
    Same here; I’ll do it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

spoilers:

Just like this!

end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I thought it was great ! Gotta get to bed now, while post specific things later

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

The cliff notes, keeping it spoiler free for the moment:

Javicia is a faaaaaaaar better actor than Ruby Rose. Now I love Ruby but Javicia, even just in simple dialogue delivery, Ruby had this kinda...stilted thing going, Javicia is just smoother.

How they connected her to Alice was OK

How they dealt with Kate missing was OK

They made the best of a bad situation, if Javicia was Batwoman Day 1, I think this show would have been better off than her having to carry around the first season/Ruby Rose baggage into season two. We shall see how the ratings go. I imagine the ratings will spike the first couple episodes and peter out as it goes.

More spoilery vid from me if ya wanna get into specifics. Will comment those here once we start talking spoilery stuff: