Page 166 of 233 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It wasn't anywhere near an 80% drop. If we're comparing the season 1 finale to this episode, it's more like a 12% drop. Comparing the season 1 and 2 premieres is nonsensical on its own, because it doesn't take into account the natural falloff shows usually have. Plus, that 80% figure is actually more like 77%, and it's comparing the pilot's full viewership (including DVR) to the initial views for 2x01. It's not a fair comparison, and horrible journalism all around.
    No doubt, everything is peachy just preachy -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    No doubt, everything is peachy just preachy -
    Are you implying that 12% is a large drop? Because it isn't, at least in the context of these shows. Black Lighting had a drop of around 30% from its season 1 finale to season 2 premiere in initial views. The Flash was something like 7%, IIRC. And neither of them were dealing with replacing their lead or were up against football playoffs (as far as I know).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The real tell will be the drop for ep 2.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    The real tell will be the drop for ep 2.
    Exactly, I predict it will drop again if not by episode two certainly as the season continues. I know I for one am done with the show.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-21-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Are you implying that 12% is a large drop? Because it isn't, at least in the context of these shows. Black Lighting had a drop of around 30% from its season 1 finale to season 2 premiere in initial views. The Flash was something like 7%, IIRC. And neither of them were dealing with replacing their lead or were up against football playoffs (as far as I know).
    A low bar (CW show ratings) is a low bar. I can't say much more than that.

A pity as Black Lightning was far superior to this crap.

Ultimate Member

Renewal depends on what the network has planned. Along with budgets and what they might have in terms of pilots.

We have seen shows with ratings get axed for various reasons-I can think of 4 that had ratings and all got axed by ABC. In hindsight it worked out for those casts as 5 tv shows to folks from those shows-Star Trek Voyager, Sliders, Steve Harvey Show and Moesha (and The Parkers).

Here is what is interesting about Moesha. Season 5 had the biggest DECLINE in viewers at 60%. Still got renewed. The next closet show to also sniff renewal with a 40% decline-What I like About You Season 2.

If those shows can get renewed with those declines-Batwoman should not have an issue. I suspect a mass set of renewals by the CW. Remember they are still paying for that mess known as Snyder Cut along with $150 billion debt.

If you are trying to sniff syndication (along with an affordable deal for reruns)-52 to 65 is the magic number. If they can toss out another 20 this year and get close to 50-it will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Renewal depends on what the network has planned. Along with budgets and what they might have in terms of pilots.

We have seen shows with ratings get axed for various reasons-I can think of 4 that had ratings and all got axed by ABC. In hindsight it worked out for those casts as 5 tv shows to folks from those shows-Star Trek Voyager, Sliders, Steve Harvey Show and Moesha (and The Parkers).

Here is what is interesting about Moesha. Season 5 had the biggest DECLINE in viewers at 60%. Still got renewed. The next closet show to also sniff renewal with a 40% decline-What I like About You Season 2.

If those shows can get renewed with those declines-Batwoman should not have an issue. I suspect a mass set of renewals by the CW. Remember they are still paying for that mess known as Snyder Cut along with $150 billion debt.

If you are trying to sniff syndication (along with an affordable deal for reruns)-52 to 65 is the magic number. If they can toss out another 20 this year and get close to 50-it will be back.
    I think it might end up being decided by how much it costs to produce the show.

Does Batwoman still film part (or all) of their episodes in Chicago? Or did they just film some stock location shots, and shoot everything in Vancouver? Because if they are flying cast and crew to two different countries to shoot the show, the costs to make it would outweigh any benefits. Better to end it now and redirect that money into a new show, or bolster the budgets on the other remaining shows.

Why is everyone talking like the show is in imminent threat of being canceled? There's zero evidence to support that.

Emphasis mine:

Just last week, Pedowitz told Variety that its free, ad-supported CW streaming platform “has been enormously successful for us,” although he didn’t say exactly how many viewers the app was actually drawing. Pedowitz added that The CW has seen “great increases in Batwoman, Nancy Drew, and Stargirl in terms of what we would have done in a rolling five [most recent five episodes of a season that aired on TV] for Netflix.”
    All American may not have driven swaths of people to download the app, but considering that Batwoman premiered to expected ratings the night before and Riverdale is returning tonight, it may have created the perfect cornucopia of series to drive people’s downloads — especially at a time when people are still stuck at home with nothing to do but watch TV.
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/19/2...erdale-netflix
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly the Batwoman living in a van down by the river is just ...sad. CW really should have just rebooted the series into Batgirl and went from there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly the Batwoman living in a van down by the river is just ...sad. CW really should have just rebooted the series into Batgirl and went from there.
    Yeah, that could have worked. I think it would have been better than what we have.

Why is everyone talking like the show is in imminent threat of being canceled? There's zero evidence to support that.

Emphasis mine:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/19/2...erdale-netflix
    I don’t have a TV. So, I downloaded the CW app on my phone for the sole purpose of watching the new Batwoman season. I haven’t watched anything else and probably won’t.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Should have just recasted Kate and rolled with it. I like Javicia and think she is a good actor, just stuck in a crappy gig that she is trying to make the best of.

Bluebird

Rebooting the show into a Bat Family series highlighting the characters who’ll never be in the movies would’ve been cool.

Mighty Member

Wonder how did Alice get a hold of a ultrasonic Bat beacon?

I was kind of hoping Jacob and Mary would bond over batwoman. Wonder if they ever will? I have to say, I’m so not interested in the drama between Julia and Sophia. What a coincidence- Ryan finds the one entry in Kate’s journal that talked about the one time they met. And does this mean that Ryan knows that Bruce Wayne is batman?
    Last edited by protege; 01-25-2021 at 01:08 PM.