Page 168 of 233 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How much does Luke know about Kate’s involvement with the crisis? Or for that matter, elseworlds?
    I mean, I would really hope he does. They spent last season building up their relationship to be a real partnership rather than him being treated like her assistant. And they had enough time for the two of them to talk about what happened. Luke even had the Kryptonite that Supergirl gave Kate. At the very least Luke would have been on comms during the teamup in the finale when the worlds merged. So yeah, it'd be weird if he had been kept in the dark about her friendship with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It'll be a shame if it really turns out that Kate has just been captured and is being held somewhere. The longer they drag this out, the worse it will come across, imo. I would have preferred that Kate at least had some agency in her decision to leave. (writers could have made up any number of reasons) Jacob might remain tight-lipped about it, but if Luke finds out there'd be no reason he wouldn't get in contact with Supergirl or the League somehow and have them mount a rescue. That's something that should at least be addressed.

I do like that they had Alice receive actual training. Her fighting skills at least make sense now. (even Joker, as many times as he's gone toe-to-toe with Batman never came across as "skilled" the way Alice does)
    Actually.... this gives me hope. It makes me think that the writers actually DO have a plan for Kate. What I'm hoping they will do is hold off on Kate until the midseason break, where right before they can go into more detail on Kate's current situation, and then the back half could be either trying to rescue Kate, or having to fight a Kate that's been brainwashed into becoming Safiyah's new partner and rescuing her from that. Then in Season 3 you could have Kate and Ryan as partners, either sharing the name or with Ryan becoming a new character. Or even Kate becoming a new character.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Actually.... this gives me hope. It makes me think that the writers actually DO have a plan for Kate. What I'm hoping they will do is hold off on Kate until the midseason break, where right before they can go into more detail on Kate's current situation, and then the back half could be either trying to rescue Kate, or having to fight a Kate that's been brainwashed into becoming Safiyah's new partner and rescuing her from that. Then in Season 3 you could have Kate and Ryan as partners, either sharing the name or with Ryan becoming a new character. Or even Kate becoming a new character.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.
    If they had gotten Ruby Rose to do voiceover of the letters, I'd feel more confident that they could get her to come back to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they had gotten Ruby Rose to do voiceover of the letters, I'd feel more confident that they could get her to come back to the show.
    I don't think they'll ever get her back, or that they want to get her back. Whatever the reasoning, the fact that she quit the show when she did makes me think that neither side wanted anything more to do with the other. I fully expect that, if they do bring back Kate Kane, it will be played by someone new.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I don't think they'll ever get her back, or that they want to get her back. Whatever the reasoning, the fact that she quit the show when she did makes me think that neither side wanted anything more to do with the other. I fully expect that, if they do bring back Kate Kane, it will be played by someone new.
    Which if this is the route, why even bring in Ryan in stead of recasting. Gah the further this goes, the stupider it gets. Now the show gets the spectre of Kate hanging over it. Now that was to be expected for a few episodes in the beginning but the idea is to move past her and have Ryan establish herself.

Especially in this episode where you have Luke and Mary having it out, Luke in denial, Mary facing reality, Ryan changing the suit to truly fit her.

This is steps backward and sets up a tragic season.

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 02-01-2021 at 01:15 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I seriously doubt we will ever see Kate again on the show, except maybe for the series finale (which looks like it will be sooner than later, unfortunately).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Which if this is the route, why even bring in Ryan in stead of recasting. Gah the further this goes, the stupider it gets. Now the show gets the spectre of Kate hanging over it. Now that was to be expected for a few episodes in the beginning but the idea is to move past her and have Ryan establish herself.

Especially in this episode where you have Luke and Mary having it out, Luke in denial, Mary facing reality, Ryan changing the suit to truly fit her.

This is steps backward and sets up a tragic season.
    Look, I've been one of the most vocal critics about this whole mess. And in most ways, I do agree with you. But they got it in their heads to change the lead of this show to a character that had never existed before (she was only JUST introduced in the comics, and even then the introduction came months after news broke about this character being the new lead of the show). And to do that, Kate had to vanish for a while (or longer). So they did the best they could with the hand they were dealt (even though they dealt half of it themselves).

Of course, I'm willing to be forgiving if they do end up recasting Kate and doing something with it- preferably having both Batwomen on the show. If they do nothing with it, then it's a total waste.

Maybe they'll pull a Mandalorian (people who watched the finale know what I'm talking about) and get somebody with a similar voice to dub it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Maybe they'll pull a Mandalorian (people who watched the finale know what I'm talking about) and get somebody with a similar voice to dub it.
    Kate with a lightsaber? I'm there!

Look, I've been one of the most vocal critics about this whole mess. And in most ways, I do agree with you. But they got it in their heads to change the lead of this show to a character that had never existed before (she was only JUST introduced in the comics, and even then the introduction came months after news broke about this character being the new lead of the show). And to do that, Kate had to vanish for a while (or longer). So they did the best they could with the hand they were dealt (even though they dealt half of it themselves).

Of course, I'm willing to be forgiving if they do end up recasting Kate and doing something with it- preferably having both Batwomen on the show. If they do nothing with it, then it's a total waste.
    Having two Batwomen on the show would be a waste, completely unnecessary, it just brings me back to if they recast Kate, why are we doing this Ryan Wilder stuff to begin with.

This show is starting to show it’s cracks. Mary is not impressing me, and the whole safiya mystery would be more intriguing, if Kate was still batwoman, not ryan. Because Safiya knows Sophie, Kate and Alice.Three novices in charge of the bat cave.
    Last edited by protege; 02-01-2021 at 04:51 PM.

That fight scene with Zsasz was disappointing. Liked the way they did the character, though. Clearly based on the Gotham version.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    That fight scene with Zsasz was disappointing. Liked the way they did the character, though. Clearly based on the Gotham version.
    Agree there. Something about the execution of it, it just did not look good. I am a fan of this version of Zsaz, I could do with seeing him one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Agree there. Something about the execution of it, it just did not look good. I am a fan of this version of Zsaz, I could do with seeing him one more time.
    For all the hype of being a climactic fight, it was just over way too quickly (and a bo-staff to the head was enough to take him out?).

Anthony Carrigan is a tough Victor Zsasz to follow, but I think this guy did a good job. Zsasz kind of missed his calling as a psychologist. I was surprised for a second there when he took out that missile launcher because I thought he was going to analyze Batwoman further. Him being taken out like that was disappointing. Heck, him failing to kill Mary quickly was disappointing in a way because of how efficient he had been up until that point.

Ryan needs to learn how to quip better, and Luke is no help. She also needs to take better care of her batarangs. I know it's been shown elsewhere that Batman and whoever do leave batarangs lying around the city, but if she knew she was running out, wouldn't she go back and get them?

I'm intrigued by Safiyah and what this means about Kate (although I don't have my hopes up as to a satisfying resolution), but...she looked really short compared to Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The old Arrowverse Problem of keeping villains around way to long.
    It was the same thing with Malcom Merlin, Reverse Flash and Tobias Whale.
    At least they had the sense enough to hold off on Merlyn and Thawne at the end of the first season and give the audience time before bringing them back. I don't think Alice has missed an episode. At least now we get some explanation for her fighting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Batmobile was in the Batcave the entire time and just hidden behind a rock? Is there supposed to be a command to unlock the rock formation and reveal it? How did Luke not know it was there? Has he never run a scan on the cave? He never questioned where Bruce left it? Is that not where it's normally kept? Why was it hidden?
    It made me wonder if Luke mentioned the Batmobile at all in season 1. Bruce does tend to keep secrets, even from his closest allies, so I'm not that surprised it was hidden within the Batcave, but I'd assume Luke didn't know it was there because he never had a reason to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    No new episode next Sunday due to the Super Bowl, by the way. Even superheroes are no match for football.
    Here's hoping another celebrity doesn't die the following week and pre-empt the episode with news coverage.