Page 170 of 233 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

The trend of every live action Victor Zsaz being better than his comic counterpart continues. Comic serial killer Zsasz is so boring, adding the charming hitman angle to the mix seems to continue to work as it did in Gotham and BOP.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The trend of every live action Victor Zsaz being better than his comic counterpart continues. Comic serial killer Zsasz is so boring, adding the charming hitman angle to the mix seems to continue to work as it did in Gotham and BOP.
    For me it's different stories requiring different variants of the characters. Comic Zsasz is much more monsterous and horrific by comparison.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For me it's different stories requiring different variants of the characters. Comic Zsasz is much more monsterous and horrific by comparison.
    A more monstrous Zsasz closer to his comics counterpart was certainly never going to fly on a TV-PG network TV superhero drama, that’s for sure.

Mighty Member

I forget about the kryptonite bullet wound. Surprised Ryan hasn't passed out from it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I don't think they'll ever get her back, or that they want to get her back. Whatever the reasoning, the fact that she quit the show when she did makes me think that neither side wanted anything more to do with the other. I fully expect that, if they do bring back Kate Kane, it will be played by someone new.
    That was my thinking, too. I went into the new season thinking it'd basically be like 'Trail of the Pink Panther' and 'Curse of the Pink Panther', the two movies made after Peter Sellers' death that revolved around Inspector Closeau being missing and Closeau's tormented former superior deliberately sabotaging attempts to find out where Closeau disappeared to. Even though Ruby Rose hasn't died, it seems like she was not going to return to the show in any meaningful way, unless relations with her and the show are better than we believe.

Snake Bite being derivative of Fear Toxin reminds me that that the auditions for Ryan had her mom being killed by Scarecrow. Why anyone would inject themselves with a toxin known for killing people and was created by someone who committed a terrorist attack on the city is anyone's guess, but I guess sometimes the high's just that worth it?

Usually the kind of criminals who deliberately commit crimes to get a Bat's attention are older...and curvier .

Jacob apparently felt like finding out Kate is alive was the appropriate time to finally grow his grief beard. Not that it looks bad, it just seemed kind of sudden.

I'm glad we're finally moving Mary on from being such a downer about Kate being alive after being inspired by how Kate never gave up on Alice. It was starting to get kind of annoying for me. She does seem to be moving onto Ryan as her possible new sister pretty quick though. At least Ryan's not living out of a van any more, but she can probably still use the van to get by without needing the Batmobile.

So apparently Earth-1 in the Arrowverse had Looney Tunes, Strange Adventures (?) and Green Lantern Corps. comics. I'm not even going to think about the can of worms the last one opens up, but I thought it would've been neat if the Ghost comic Ryan was really into was a Gray Ghost comic.

We finally find out why Ryan was willing to take the fall and go to prison for her ex. Angelique was the only one there for Ryan back when they were kids, and saved her from imprisonment or worse when Ryan felt completely abandoned, and might've even been her first love. They even bonded over comics! How much more romantic can you get in a comic book show? I don't see them reconnecting in the present ending very well though .

I guess without any paper trail or response from the police, even Batman can't put a stop to a serial child kidnapper. Guess that might be something more for Robin, if he was around.

Beth was screwing up Ryan's world even before she even became Alice it seems, although she seemed to empathize with Kate's efforts to find her sister.

Alice and Sophie are the new dynamic duo? Or Alice is just a freeloader stealing Sophie's food and gun.

Did Candylady just have two goons sticking around watching her house the whole time or did giving Kevin to the False Face Society offer her "protection?"

Did Luke share any scenes with Sophie and Alice in season 1? Aside from the time he spent with AU!Beth.

It's a shame Kate had to leave before we got a solid sequence of Batwoman/Jacob fighting together or Jacob actually being appreciative of Batwoman.

So apparently Alice met (and probably fell in love with) a gorgeous hunk on Coryana who now goes by Ocean and might be involved with the Snake Bites? Sounds like something you'd want to remember. I guess Safiyah did more to Alice than just teach her how to fight .

This is probably the most animated I’ve ever seen Jacob. And did Ryan have an episode in the bat mobile? Wouldn’t there be censors that would alert Luke and Mary that something was wrong? I do like the fact hat Ryan was into comics, at one point.
    Last edited by protege; 02-15-2021 at 09:59 AM.

It's good that Ryan seems to start building her own supporting cast with Angelique.

The Candy Lady really was something. Ryan punching her felt cathartic.

I'm really sick of Alice at this point, please put a round in her next time Sophie.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I forget about the kryptonite bullet wound. Surprised Ryan hasn't passed out from it.
    I wonder what contrived excuse they'll give Ryan for not telling Mary and Luke about the Kryptonite wound. Mary's a doctor and Luke has some understanding of Kryptonite. It just seems stupid for her to not seek their help.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder what contrived excuse they'll give Ryan for not telling Mary and Luke about the Kryptonite wound. Mary's a doctor and Luke has some understanding of Kryptonite. It just seems stupid for her to not seek their help.
    It's reasonable to think Mary wouldn't know how to treat it, and Luke finding out gives him more ammo to argue for keeping Ryan benched. Neither is contrived.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's reasonable to think Mary wouldn't know how to treat it, and Luke finding out gives him more ammo to argue for keeping Ryan benched. Neither is contrived.
    I mean, still contrived in the sense that she's keeping something important from people who should rightfully know and are probably her best bet at helping her and will probably come back to bite her at the most inopportune time.

That makes me wonder- was it always the plan for Ryan to get shot with that bullet? And if so, how would that have played into the crossover with Superman and Lois if they had been able to do that?

Also makes me wonder if it was the plan to shoot KATE with the bullet, and factor into a story with Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That makes me wonder- was it always the plan for Ryan to get shot with that bullet? And if so, how would that have played into the crossover with Superman and Lois if they had been able to do that?

Also makes me wonder if it was the plan to shoot KATE with the bullet, and factor into a story with Supergirl.
    The first three episodes this season were 100% retrofitted to replace Kate with Ryan. They already had parts of the original 2 episodes cut from last season filmed, and they would likely have had the season 2 premiere (now episode 2x03) already written. Episode 2x02 especially is a scaled down version of Batwoman Rebirth #14-15.

Episode 4 was originally an idea for season 1, and they're bringing in Wolf Spider next episode, so they had some padding with how far they were ahead. There's yet to be an episode that's been all Ryan from the ground up.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No, it's not reasonable and it is completely contrived. Mary's a doctor. Luke might not be crazy about her as Batwoman, but if you have a Kryptonite bullet wound, it's plain stupid to not tell people who have a chance of treating it. They've also been part of "team Batwoman" for at least a year and have seen some crazy shit. Ryan has no reason to doubt that they'd want to help her with a potentially serious injury - she relies on them being Batwoman, but not with this? I do anticipate she'll give the "I didn't want you to sideline me" excuse, but that would only be an exercise in poor judgement. We'll see what they come up with...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-16-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Okay, I have to admit, Alice's story got a bit more interesting for me.

Candylady was horrific in both the past and the present. It was a good story for Ryan, and a good case for her to handle out of costume. When she was Batwoman, though, I didn't get why she didn't tell the kid his family was looking for him?

I'm glad we're finally moving Mary on from being such a downer about Kate being alive after being inspired by how Kate never gave up on Alice. It was starting to get kind of annoying for me. She does seem to be moving onto Ryan as her possible new sister pretty quick though. At least Ryan's not living out of a van any more, but she can probably still use the van to get by without needing the Batmobile.
    I like seeing some of the old Mary back too, but I do hope they address the fact that she is seeing Ryan as a replacement for Kate.

So apparently Earth-1 in the Arrowverse had Looney Tunes, Strange Adventures (?) and Green Lantern Corps. comics. I'm not even going to think about the can of worms the last one opens up, but I thought it would've been neat if the Ghost comic Ryan was really into was a Gray Ghost comic.
    Are the JSA still part of this Earth's past? If so, maybe Alan Scott somehow inspired a Green Lantern Corps comic book.