Page 172 of 233 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wasn't expecting the show to be about searching for Kate - especially not this early. I would have preferred that they had spent more time building up Ryan and her life etc. before letting the show get taken over by a character who's not going to show up. (hopefully Ryan's ex showing up will help) It's just not as interesting and Ryan's whole "I've been in the system so I understand things you don't" perspective is becoming a gimmick rather than something that adds depth.
    It still feels like, to some extent, the show can't make up its mind what it wants to be.

.... how many episodes in to the new Batwoman's season? Has she really been "established" yet in the show's world?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It still feels like, to some extent, the show can't make up its mind what it wants to be.
    Which probably hasn't helped the ratings, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which probably hasn't helped the ratings, too.
    And that would be an issue if the CW cared about live ratings, which it doesn't seem to nearly as much as streaming views.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    And that would be an issue if the CW cared about live ratings, which it doesn't seem to nearly as much as streaming views.
    Okay, but the live ratings are now in the now-cancelled Black Lightning territory, so that's not a good sign.

Okay, but the live ratings are now in the now-cancelled Black Lightning territory, so that's not a good sign.
    That literally doesn't matter as long as the streaming and delayed numbers are good. The first two episodes this season (all that I can find info on) have seen an average increase of about 81% in their ratings for live +3 days. That's right on par with where things were at the end of last season, if not slightly better.

Edit: Alex Zalben, an entertainment reporter, explains it better:
    https://alexzalben.tumblr.com/post/6...h-a-new-series
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-23-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

That literally doesn't matter as long as the streaming and delayed numbers are good.
    Well, how are the streaming numbers compared to Black Lightning?

Well, how are the streaming numbers compared to Black Lightning?
    We don't know, since the CW doesn't release any streaming numbers publicly. But clearly they find Batwoman a profitable property because they just renewed it for another season. They wouldn't do that if it was losing them money.

We don't know, since the CW doesn't release any streaming numbers publicly. But clearly they find Batwoman a profitable property because they just renewed it for another season. They wouldn't do that if it was losing them money.
    That's true, though they could still reconsider their decision down the road if they start losing money.

Black Lightning is cancelled? This is the last season?
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Black Lightning is cancelled? This is the last season?
    Ouch.
    Yeah, make that double ouch.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't quite suspecting Ryan to get back with her ex so quickly, not that Angelique isn't quite the catch (drug and criminal habits notwithstanding), but it's obvious Ryan still has strong feelings for her. Kind of reminds me of Kate and Reagan in season 1, although that relationship fizzled quick.

I get that those Crow officers harassed Ryan, that was awful, but she was still caught with drugs that she claimed was hers. I mean, I get she did it to protect Angelique and because she didn't want her girl to go to prison, but there wasn't really any legal grey area there.
    Which makes me wonder why she hates the Crows if they only arrested her cuz she had Angelique's drugs on her AND she went back to her?
    Kate had better taste in women.
    "Cable was right!"

Did she? Seems like every woman Kate got with betrayed her in some way. Reagan helped her sister steal from Kate; Sophie... well, I've never been able to stand the character, and I still feel like she got Kate kicked out of the military while she went to hide in the back of the closet. Julia was the best of the tree love interests, but she ended up with Sophie, if I recall correctly.

Mighty Member

Trying to decide on who would Ryan like to punch in the face the most, Alice or Sophie?

Ryan fights for the people she cares about? I mean, she didn't seem to want to have anything to do with Angelique before having to text her for a case...

The actor really sold Amygdala's mental instability and tragic nature, even if it was jarring to see him look normal instead of like the hulking brute he is in the comics. You just feel for the poor guy. Although with how many hits he was tanking I was kind of surprised adrenaline Batwoman smacking him with something was all that was needed to knock him out.

Would Ryan object to that tracking tech if she was using it as Batwoman? Because I have to imagine they have the same kind of thing in the Batcave.

I will give Ocean this much, he does know how to match Alice's sharp wit .

Is Safiyah messing with Alice's memories part of why she's so messed up? I mean, obviously we know what happened with the Cartwright's, but it seems like her experience on Coryana was just as character-building, and Safiyah stole the one good memory of her adult life because she was planning to leave with Safiyah's brother with the desert rose.

Jacob Kane is like the worst detective ever. He never found his daughter, he was completely oblivious to what his wife and step-daughter were doing behind his back, and he's not making much headway in the quest to find Kate.

Who would have thought Kryptonite would be as dangerous to normal people as it is to Kryptonians? Granted, it did give Lex Luthor cancer once.

I guess we needed Ryan as the one person distant enough from Kate to think that working for Alice isn't a necessary evil until they find Kate. Although now Ryan needs to find Coryana since the Desert Rose might be the only thing that can save her .

Is the legal thing the right thing to do? I mean, yeah, Mary's doing a lot of good with her clinic and is helping a lot of people who would be undeserved by the normal medical process but at the same time she's unlicensed, still a med student, and not even using legal resources. There's only so much you can get away with that kind of stuff, especially before an accident happens and suddenly we're left with the question of who holds Mary responsible for her patients, other than herself? Maybe she should just focus on finishing medical school.

Ryan is totally going to hate Sophie for Angelique leaving her, even though it's probably for the best that Ryan move on from her at this point. But I guess Angelique is the only person from her past she has left, so it's hard to cut ties.