Page 176 of 233 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    If they really plan to absolve Alice of all guilt by riding the "She was hypnotized" train, I'm gonna be severaly disappointed.

Also, screw Angelique.
    I guess it would explain how they could conceivably keep her around on the show, but it'll be difficult to justify.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think the flower was invented by Nolan for Batman Begins. I don't recall that ever specifically being in the comics.
    Yes, I was referring to the Batman Begins movie. I have no have idea about Coryana from the comics though if the Desert Rose existed before the tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    If they really plan to absolve Alice of all guilt by riding the "She was hypnotized" train, I'm gonna be severaly disappointed.
    Also, screw Angelique.
    It's funny how they keep re-writing Alice's history (or adding to it I guess). First was the face-off guy who was responsible, then it was his mother who was the real cause of her madness, now it's Safiyah. I guess they all contributed, but with this it was a bit contrived - that she essentially makes Alice do everything she did when she got back to Gotham.

My interest in this show is definitely waning though. I feel this "finding Kate" storyline was a big mistake and just drags everything down. It feels like they're missing out on having fun building something new with Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes, I was referring to the Batman Begins movie. I have no have idea about Coryana from the comics though if the Desert Rose existed before the tv show.

It's funny how they keep re-writing Alice's history (or adding to it I guess). First was the face-off guy who was responsible, then it was his mother who was the real cause of her madness, now it's Safiyah. I guess they all contributed, but with this it was a bit contrived - that she essentially makes Alice do everything she did when she got back to Gotham.

My interest in this show is definitely waning though. I feel this "finding Kate" storyline was a big mistake and just drags everything down. It feels like they're missing out on having fun building something new with Ryan.
    I would rather they do something fun with Ryan, instead of saddling her with this “dying by kryptonite poisoning” angle. Alice’s storyline is getting more convoluted by the day. And i’d probably have more sympathy for Jacob, if he wasn’t such a pompous ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it would explain how they could conceivably keep her around on the show, but it'll be difficult to justify.
    I've actually found the perfect explanation for everything.

SPOILERS for Wandavision!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

That evil witch....

As funny as that moment between Luke and Mary was, man, do they not have any sense of urgency? You've got a helicopter right on top of you!

So if Ryan really was going to die, the last thing she wanted to do was kill Alice. That's kind of sad, especially considering she couldn't have shared her last moments with Angelique. She's lucky she managed to get the better of Alice, the odds were really against her with that one.

I wish they had introduced this idea earlier because it's a pretty good twist. Alice is all the more tragic and gone because she did have a chance at love and reconciliation with her family, but she lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

spoilers:
    Is Evan Peters going to play a re-cast Kate Kane when they finally find her?
    end of spoilers

I had to groan a bit with Ryan's old "If I had killed her, I'd just be more like her" chestnut. The fight itself didn't feel like an epic life-transformative moment, so for her to hallucinate her mom then change her main motivation since the show began just fell flat for me. It just showed how thin that premise was to begin with.

I had to groan a bit with Ryan's old "If I had killed her, I'd just be more like her" chestnut. The fight itself didn't feel like an epic life-transformative moment, so for her to hallucinate her mom then change her main motivation since the show began just fell flat for me. It just showed how thin that premise was to begin with.
    To be honest I'm just not really feeling the Alice and Ryan dynamic in general. They just don't have the chemistry Kate and Alice did.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I'm just not really feeling the Alice and Ryan dynamic in general. They just don't have the chemistry Kate and Alice did.
    Probably because they are not made to have a dynamic. Ryan is just being shoehorned into this crap to keep Alice around and give her some connection still, to the person in the suit.

Once again, just like with Flash, I want to like this show, but I just keep seeing stupid things happen. And Kate is just a cloud hanging over this show that is holding back any potential for Javicia Leslie and her Ryan character.

I don't care about Alice and her adventures on Ninja Island and I swear I will burn stuff down if we are heading toward a redemption angle with her.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Question

I heard the show has been canceled due to poor ratings (which if true doesn't surprise me given the ongoing collapse in viewership following the departure of Ruby Rose). It'll get a season three but only because the network assumed season two would perform far better than it has so far. Does anyone know if this is true?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I heard the show has been canceled due to poor ratings (which if true doesn't surprise me given the ongoing collapse in viewership following the departure of Ruby Rose). It'll get a season three but only because the network assumed season two would perform far better than it has so far. Does anyone know if this is true?
    It already was renewed. If they cancel it after season three, OK, but it's getting season three.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    It already was renewed. If they cancel it after season three, OK, but it's getting season three.
    Here is where I saw the rumor -

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/batw...leslie-return/

Once again, the third season was only greenlit because execs assumed season two would do better than it has otherwise there would be no season three or so I've heard (I can't link that last bit here because it is a paid article).

Astonishing Member

WeGotThisCovered is not a legitimate news source. It's fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    WeGotThisCovered is not a legitimate news source. It's fake news.
    https://www.cancelledscifi.com/2021/...of-the-top-10/

Edit- As I said it is a rumor. I believe it because logically speaking those ratings are terrible, but we'll see soon enough I wager.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-18-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Please Delete Post