Page 179 of 233 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    For live views, which they don't care about as much as streaming. Viewership is down across the board there as well, so it's not like this show is doing particularly worse than any other.

But that's just it: using a new character wasn't the initial plan. They were going to recast Kate originally since they'd already written at least up until episode 2x03, but Greg Berlanti convinced Caroline Dries to create a new character.
    Down with Berlanti!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    For live views, which they don't care about as much as streaming. Viewership is down across the board there as well, so it's not like this show is doing particularly worse than any other.

But that's just it: using a new character wasn't the initial plan. They were going to recast Kate originally since they'd already written at least up until episode 2x03, but Greg Berlanti convinced Caroline Dries to create a new character.
    Yes, and my point is the reason they're likely going back to recasting Kate is to prop the ratings back up

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Down with Berlanti!
    I'm really starting to think that Berlanti has spread himself far to thin, if he thought that replacing an established character with an original character was a good idea, especially the way they went about it.

That said, if Kate ends up being a regular on the show, and not someone who appears every now and then a'la Clark Kent on Supergirl, I'd be willing to give this show another chance. Ideally, I'd like Kate and Ryan to be partners in the field, with Ryan creating and establishing her own unique vigilante persona and Kate taking back the Batwoman mantle. Hell, I'd even go for Ryan being Batwing, since I don't see this Luke Fox putting on a suit.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Agree to disagree. The first season was mediocre, but watchable. The second season has been terrible. Arrow S4 terrible.
    Woa woa woa....let's not go that far. I mean Arrow S4 is a high bar only matched or exceeded by Flash season 3...or 4...or 5....

And like...I knew they were recasting, they were going down that road, but even though we got here....Im still just.....annoyed, to say the least....
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 03-22-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yes, and my point is the reason they're likely going back to recasting Kate is to prop the ratings back up
    But that doesn't make any sense. They didn't know what the ratings were going to be when they had written and casted for this episode. And they would've filmed for it close to when season 2 premiered; I know they filmed part of episode 7 on December 4 and had started filming episode 9 by February 19, so this episode had to have been filmed between then. There would've been no time to take ratings into account even if they'd wanted to, and the drop-off between seasons wasn't so great for that to be a concern anyway.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I'm also not a big fan of Pattinson's - it's the one I was calling the most generic "just a car" until this version popped up (obviously excluding the black and white theatrical serials).
    Yeah, but I think it still feels enough like a Batmobile. I get a lot of Telltale games vibes from it.

Is her different appearance being commented on/explained in-universe?

Haven't gotten around watching it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

No one else has seen her yet, but her face is covered in bandages.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Reconstructive surgery to explain the different face. I'm sure it will be hand waved in a single line.

Like I knew this was going to be the path they were going down...doesn't make it any less stupid to be here....

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

A whole lot Bait and Switch this episode. Quite emotional, but also didn't really know what it tried to tell, it seemed to me.

So, who do you think is holding Kate really prisoner?

A whole lot Bait and Switch this episode. Quite emotional, but also didn't really know what it tried to tell, it seemed to me.

The Cluemaster. Nobody would see it coming.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Black Mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but I think it still feels enough like a Batmobile. I get a lot of Telltale games vibes from it.
    I haven't played that game. I largely just get "it's a car" vibes from it, but that's still better than the "100% it's just a car" vibe from Batwoman's ride.

I haven't played that game. I largely just get "it's a car" vibes from it, but that's still better than the "100% it's just a car" vibe from Batwoman's ride.
    Well, at the end of the day the Batmobile is always just a car. Just a matter of how cool it looks .

I mean, if it functions well enough in its role even if it doesn't have the exaggerated Bat-Visuals, I think it's doable.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at the end of the day the Batmobile is always just a car. Just a matter of how cool it looks .

I mean, if it functions well enough in its role even if it doesn't have the exaggerated Bat-Visuals, I think it's doable.
    I wouldn't say that for the batmobiles that are mini tanks.