Page 188 of 233 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Yeah, Steph is probably easier to work with than Babs would be.

Although I do wonder if they're planning more for her. It doesn't seem like Mary is going to be getting vigilante training any time soon.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Although I do wonder if they're planning more for her. It doesn't seem like Mary is going to be getting vigilante training any time soon.
    If Steph showing up is a gateway for lesser Batfamily characters showing up, that's good news.

(Personally, I'm hoping for Harper Row to show up. She'd be a perfect fit)

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    If Steph showing up is a gateway for lesser Batfamily characters showing up, that's good news.

(Personally, I'm hoping for Harper Row to show up. She'd be a perfect fit)
    Ryan can just pick up all the stray teen sidekicks other media probably won't use .

I've felt that they should have used Harper Row, rather than create a new character. Harper would be perfect for this show.

Kate is back with a vengeance! I love how formidable a fighter she is. I'm hoping they can milk this drama for all its worth since so many of the cast members have ties to Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And Ryan leaving Alice, after Alice had JUST saved her life- I think that showed that Ryan really DOESN'T have what it takes to be a hero. A hero would have put aside personal feelings and saved Alice. By walking out, she proved that she can't put aside personal feelings to get the job done. I think they are starting to build the case of why they are going to take the mantel away from Ryan and give it back to Kate eventually.
    It shows she doesn't have it yet, which is important in Ryan's journey. With a lot of Bat characters, there is a "justice vs. vengeance" debate and I think with Ryan it's important she understands why going the route of justice is not just important for the city of Gotham but important for her on a personal level. She's not quite there yet, though.

It's kind of surreal that Sophie discovers Jacob is a drug addict before his med student daughter. I guess Mary was just too happy that he acquiesced to her new clinic, although are we to assume he only gave permission because of the drugs? I mean, it's probably a better option than Mary being an illegal doctor for the rest of her medical career.
    I think they are implying it was the drugs. Which is a real shame since this could've been great for Jacob and Mary's relationship. They are really bringing him down to as low a point as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's actually why I think she's destined to die - I started thinking about why they brought her back, and all the crap I've seen in the other shows, and my thoughts were:

1. Because the actress didn't come back, they probably feel that they couldn't send the character off properly/respectfully.
    2. They have a new person taking on the mantle without having the last one heap praise on the replacement about how they're a much better hero than they can ever be.
    3. Adding points 1 and 2, I think they're bringing Kate back just so Ryan can snap her out of her brainwashing, have Kate verbally tell Ryan (and through her, us) how Ryan is a better Batwoman than her, and then have Kate sacrifice her life somehow in order to save the day through some contrived reason thus giving her the "heroic farewell" the writers think they need to give her since Ruby quit.
    I don't want Kate dead. I guess I'm hoping for her either to get a bigger mission that takes her out of Gotham (looking for Bruce?) or maybe crippling her in some way so she isn't capable of being Batwoman. But yeah, I think there is some sort of "Kate gives Ryan her blessing" moment coming.

Would they really give us a Steph/Spoiler/Robin/Batgirl before having Mary or Luke suit up?

Barbara is going to be on Titans this season, so they probably weren't allowed.

EDIT: Plus, if you're going to bring in Cluemaster, then you really need to bring in Stephanie.
    But what annoys me is why make her look like Barbara with the red hair when Steph is a Blonde? Why not do things comic accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Would they really give us a Steph/Spoiler/Robin/Batgirl before having Mary or Luke suit up?
    To be honest, I wonder if that's ever going to happen. Usually with season 2 they're building up the sidekicks but with having to establish Ryan it feels like they haven't really done much to establish Mary or Luke becoming vigilante's in their own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    But what annoys me is why make her look like Barbara with the red hair when Steph is a Blonde? Why not do things comic accurate?
    I guess it could be as simple as the actress not wanting to dye her hair. Or maybe there's a story reason.

Bluebird

I've felt that they should have used Harper Row, rather than create a new character. Harper would be perfect for this show.
    She could’ve started off as a new Batwoman until Kate’s return, then transition her into being Bluebird, so that she’s still on the show as a vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    She could’ve started off as a new Batwoman until Kate’s return, then transition her into being Bluebird, so that she’s still on the show as a vigilante.
    I'm not sure how that would have worked but the Batwoman creative team have been all over the place with their lead characters at this point...

Mighty Member

So, how long until Sophie out's Ryan's secret identity?

Extraordinary Member

The plot they had is very specific to Stephanie. The daughter of Cluemaster solving her father's puzzles and messing up his plans. There's no way this same plot would work with Barbara.

This was probably the best episode of the recent ones.

I guess it could be as simple as the actress not wanting to dye her hair. Or maybe there's a story reason.
    Then you find another actress. Plenty out there who would have no problem dyeing their hair.

Incredible Member

Then you find another actress. Plenty out there who would have no problem dyeing their hair.
    Being comic book accurate is not needed, especially for a role that’s not even top tier. The hair color is not that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Being comic book accurate is not needed, especially for a role that’s not even top tier. The hair color is not that serious.
    I don't watch the show, but the hair debate is getting weird - just wanted to point out that maybe it's partially due to there being so many blondes on the show already: Alice, Julia (when she's there), and now Kate.

Bye now.