Page 19 of 233 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Rumors are it will be a 10 to 16 episode season (I have no idea what a normal production schedule looks like length-wise anyway). Hopefully that means they will have more budget for less episodes this way, and are going for quality over quantity.

So a bit of info about the writing team forming: apparently both a Supergirl writer, and a Legends of Tomorrow writer, are joining the Batwoman team. I think the one from Supergirl was said to have only written a couple of episodes(?), so is quite new, no idea about the one from LoT. Interesting though, wonder if they are going to, or have gotten, a writer from Flash or Arrow - could make a whole set.

I know a couple writers are from Gotham and another two are from Smallville.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I know a couple writers are from Gotham and another two are from Smallville.
    Oh wow, how many writers does a single tv series normally have? Seems like a lot.

So, writers who's previous work (collectively) includes:

Vampire Diaries
    Supergirl
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Gotham
    Smallville

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Oh wow, how many writers does a single tv series normally have? Seems like a lot.
    About ten, from what I can find. So far there's seven or eight confirmed here.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

About ten, from what I can find. So far there's seven or eight confirmed here.
    Yikes, I had no idea a series can have that many writers, it's like a classroom full of them.

Yikes, I had no idea a series can have that many writers, it's like a classroom full of them.
    Yea writer rooms arent bad. What bad it when 10 different people work on a movie script and you end up with a Frankenstein's monster of a script. One person writes it and then the studio aint happy so skmeone take another pass. So on and so forth. TV its way more collaborative.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea writer rooms arent bad. What bad it when 10 different people work on a movie script and you end up with a Frankenstein's monster of a script. One person writes it and then the studio aint happy so skmeone take another pass. So on and so forth. TV its way more collaborative.
    Guess I'm used to novels and comics, and thinking there's only like 1 or 2 people involved. How interesting that TV and film has so many.

Guess I'm used to novels and comics, and thinking there's only like 1 or 2 people involved. How interesting that TV and film has so many.
    Films alot of the time only have a couple working together . But alot of studio interference can lead to a movie that had 10+ people get a writers credit.

Like the MCU for example dont have a huge amount of writer working on alot of there movies. The team of Markus and Mcfeely do alot of stuff. Coogler wrote Black Panther with one other guy. James Gunn might write the GOTG movies on his own iono I've never checked the credits.

A TV show with alot of writers no big deal. A movie has a bunch its usually a sign of a **** show. But not always, Jumanji welcome to the Jungle had 12 writers get a writing credit. And I thought that was good. But that might have been more actor performance driven then script.

A Redditor noticed that Kate is wearing the same jacket as Maggie Sawyer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatwomanTV/...me_jacket_lol/

The quilting on the shoulders makes it clear it's not the exact same specific individual jacket, just the same model, but if this isn't just a coincidence, that can be handwaved as the result of a different universe.

Rumors are it will be a 10 to 16 episode season (I have no idea what a normal production schedule looks like length-wise anyway). Hopefully that means they will have more budget for less episodes this way, and are going for quality over quantity.
    Each episode gets a certain amount of money from advertisers and streaming rights, like from Netflix. So I don't understand how less episodes translates into more money for each episode.
    I don't think there is a fixed amount for the total series that is divide up among episodes. So like a total budget of $50 million means 10 episodes get $5 million per episode but 20 episode
    only get $2.5 million per episode. Seems like they would have a smaller pile of money if they do less episodes so each episode would still get the same amount of money no matter how many
    episodes they made. Getting less money overall doesn't mean more money for each. Where did you get the idea that less episodes means more money spent on each episode? Is there a site
    that explains how this works?

This interview was posted on reddit, so I'm posting it here:

https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/batw...mpression=true

The first paragraph completely, and thankfully, kills that stupid narrative floating around that the producers only sought out Rose first without looking at anyone else. I knew that couldn't have been true.

Same with this, which gets into the realities of casting a bit:

Dries says that prior to Rose’s involvement, as she and the producers considered other contenders for the role, she had convinced herself that casting a heterosexual actor would be fine as long as Kate Kane remained gay and “super true to the comic.” But after Rose was cast, says Dries, “I was like, ‘Thank God we hired a gay actor to do this!’ That would have been such a mistake not to.”

New promo:

A pretty blunt and small-scale example, but that's definitely a showcase of Kate's selflessness in opposition to society's expectations. That's a good sign.

Short interview with Dougray Scott, not much new info:

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/13/...ook-role-for-/