Page 192 of 233 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get what they were going for with such a real moment for black people, but that was such a stupid way for Luke to get shot. Is he ever going to become Batwing?
    Well, black people have been shot (and killed) by cops for doing far LESS than reaching into their pocket to retrieve a cell phone.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-23-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get what they were going for with such a real moment for black people, but that was such a stupid way for Luke to get shot.
    And yet this happens like all the time. Your 'stupid way' is real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I agree that the episode was a bit heavy handed. Also, the Zombie theme felt kinda forced.
    Again, strongly disagree here. The CW has done some really heavy handed ish in the past, but they actually handled this one well.

I really am curious as to the ethnic and socio-economic break down of some people on this board who always bring the 'i watch superhero shows to escape reality' when they deal with socially conscious issues.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post

Again, strongly disagree here. The CW has done some really heavy handed ish in the past, but they actually handled this one well.

I really am curious as to the ethnic and socio-economic break down of some people on this board who always bring the 'i watch superhero shows to escape reality' when they deal with socially conscious issues.

I'll bite.

I'm a middle-aged, middle class white man.

Normally I have no problem with shows dealing with socially conscious issues. But these past few years have been so heavy (and I'll I do while working is watch the news), that I really just want to turn off my brain and enjoy some superheroes busting up bad guys.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'll bite.

Normally I have no problem with shows dealing with socially conscious issues. But these past few years have been so heavy (and I'll I do while working is watch the news), that I really just want to turn off my brain and enjoy some superheroes busting up bad guys.
    The problem I had with the episode wasn't the message as much as the stupidity of Ryan. All she needed to do was pay the fine and then later on set up a sting to show how racist this jaclkass cop is.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Well, black people have been shot (and killed) by cops for doing far LESS than reaching into their pocket to retrieve a cell phone.
    I totally get that. That's why I called it a very real moment for black people. I understand it on that level.

I was also just looking at it from the perspective of something impactful happening to a main character in a Superhero show, but I get why they did it.

I'll bite.

I can see that. But I also feel having this stuff going on even in super hero shows is necessary. Hell how many people knew ANYTHING about the Tulsa Race Massacre before the Watchmen?

As i said i think this was the best they have done trying to be topical in an episode. It's a far cry from the gun control ep of Arrow's past thankfully.

I can see that. But I also feel having this stuff going on even in super hero shows is necessary. Hell how many people knew ANYTHING about the Tulsa Race Massacre before the Watchmen?

As i said i think this was the best they have done trying to be topical in an episode. It's a far cry from the gun control ep of Arrow's past thankfully.
    I'll admit that I only ever knew of the Tulsa Race Riots before Watchmen because I was surfing Wikipedia at my old job one day and came across the article about it.

I'm sure for the everyday audience, this was well done. And given some time, I'd probably enjoy it as well. I'm just too plugged into current events for it to be enjoyable to me right now.

Mighty Member

I enjoyed Luke's conversation with Bruce.

I would have rather seen Luke have a conversation with his father. Wasted opportunity. If he did manage to speak to his father in this episode before he woke up, I must have missed it, as I was trying to track down my food order from GrubHub.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I'll admit that I only ever knew of the Tulsa Race Riots before Watchmen because I was surfing Wikipedia at my old job one day and came across the article about it.
    Mis-spelled massacre there bro, but at least you knew of it.

As for the episode...

The Crows ending is great. Not just because they are corrupt, but because I still did not understand why they could do what they do. Like I understand private security firm stuff, but they did police kind of stuff, investigations, arrests, like how are they able to do what the GCPD does. I never got that. And glad now that we do not have to deal with it. Wondering if this will lead to Jacob and Alice finding Kate, setting her free and the three of them can leave Gotham and go make up for lost years as a family. I am hoping, praying, crossing fingers, toes and if need be I will sacrifice small woodland creatures at the alter of whatever deity it takes to make this happen.

Luke in the afterlife, I can see why he was not able to talk to his dad and I am fine with it. I wonder though, since Luke did NOT pick survival, if this is what is going to put him in the Batwing suit. Like he becomes increasingly reckless, in a response to his afterlife decision, in response to what Ryan said to him, if he throws himself at danger figuring that if he dies, well he can be with his father.

Of course I'd also expect that his doing that would spur Mary to be the one to pull him back from the brink as they move back around towards a romance with those two. It's the CW after all.

Wolf Spider comes back for all his fans. Still hate the suit. And that was some Warehouse 13 looking CG of him zip lining to the side of the building. So bad.

All in all, OK episode, just wondering how it plays out with the Kanes and still hoping they will kick rocks by season's end.

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 06-08-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Totally forgot this was coming on last night and missed it - can someone list all the relevant need to know points please?

Mis-spelled massacre there bro, but at least you knew of it.

As for the episode...

The Crows ending is great. Not just because they are corrupt, but because I still did not understand why they could do what they do. Like I understand private security firm stuff, but they did police kind of stuff, investigations, arrests, like how are they able to do what the GCPD does. I never got that. And glad now that we do not have to deal with it. Wondering if this will lead to Jacob and Alice finding Kate, setting her free and the three of them can leave Gotham and go make up for lost years as a family. I am hoping, praying, crossing fingers, toes and if need be I will sacrifice small woodland creatures at the alter of whatever deity it takes to make this happen.

Luke in the afterlife, I can see why he was not able to talk to his dad and I am fine with it. I wonder though, since Luke did NOT pick survival, if this is what is going to put him in the Batwing suit. Like he becomes increasingly reckless, in a response to his afterlife decision, in response to what Ryan said to him, if he throws himself at danger figuring that if he dies, well he can be with his father.

Of course I'd also expect that his doing that would spur Mary to be the one to pull him back from the brink as they move back around towards a romance with those two. It's the CW after all.

Wolf Spider comes back for all his fans. Still hate the suit. And that was some Warehouse 13 looking CG of him zip lining to the side of the building. So bad.

All in all, OK episode, just wondering how it plays out with the Kanes and still hoping they will kick rocks by season's end.
    I had always heard of them referred to as Riots- really, until the past few weeks. But yes, I agree that it was a massacre.

Judging from the promo for next week, it looks like Kate/Circe- if she doesn't know she's Kate Kane, she at least knows something isn't right.

You may be onto something that the Kanes all leave at the end of the season to reconnect. But if they do that, I wouldn't expect them to stay gone. I'd expect at least Kate to come back next season (and probably Jacob and Alice, because we all know how the producers like to keep characters around long after they should have been let go *chough*Damien Darhk*chough*. And at the very least I'd want Kate to come back and retake the mantle, and Ryan to transition into either a new persona, or maybe even have two Batwomen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Totally forgot this was coming on last night and missed it - can someone list all the relevant need to know points please?
    Luke didn't die; Jacob disbanded the Crows. Alice was Alice.

This episode was nice, I guess. Also, Promo with Diggle for next week

I had always heard of them referred to as Riots- really, until the past few weeks. But yes, I agree that it was a massacre.

Judging from the promo for next week, it looks like Kate/Circe- if she doesn't know she's Kate Kane, she at least knows something isn't right.

You may be onto something that the Kanes all leave at the end of the season to reconnect. But if they do that, I wouldn't expect them to stay gone. I'd expect at least Kate to come back next season (and probably Jacob and Alice, because we all know how the producers like to keep characters around long after they should have been let go *chough*Damien Darhk*chough*. And at the very least I'd want Kate to come back and retake the mantle, and Ryan to transition into either a new persona, or maybe even have two Batwomen.
    Jacob and Kate can leave.

Alice needs to be either locked up for life or shot in the head. She does not deserve to walk away after everything she's done.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.