Page 197 of 233 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Soooo his master plan is going to unleash and army of sorts on the city a la Deathstroke? I wonder if Jacob Kane will be broken out or let out to help deal with the chaos.

Hmm...

The suit is OK for Batwing, that helmet is godawful.

Wallace Day is leaps and bounds better than Ruby Rose. And I am a HUGE Ruby Rose mark. But Day is way better. Still hoping Kate is set right by the season finale end and she can ride off into the sunset, heck, take Sophie with her, since Sophie is pretty much treading water with the end of the Crows.

Still don't care about Alice's love life. Just let her go away.

Was cool to see some of the 'trophies' even if they are ultimately teases to things and individuals we will likely never get to see.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think the mask isn't that great. It's too much masked Predator for my liking.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to think the mask isn't that great. It's too much masked Predator for my liking.
    It's not even the Predator-ness to it, which now I cannot un-see so thank you for that, lol, its like, the sheer mass of it. It just looks huge for the rest of his body. A decade into designing Arrowverse super hero costumes, this should not be happening.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    It's not even the Predator-ness to it, which now I cannot un-see so thank you for that, lol, its like, the sheer mass of it. It just looks huge for the rest of his body. A decade into designing Arrowverse super hero costumes, this should not be happening.
    We'll see when this comes out, but this could just be the prototype. And next season we will get a sleeker version of the suit (and helmet).

We'll see when this comes out, but this could just be the prototype. And next season we will get a sleeker version of the suit (and helmet).
    There's been plenty of times I have seen promo and set pics of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider costumes and thought they looked like crap, but then pleased when I see it in motion in the given episodes, so I am hoping that is the case with Batwing.

Well, they could probably adjust it for season 3 .

So GCPD is now a bigger threat than the Crows. I enjoyed the scene of Ryan and Roman in the car. Wow, Ryan's parole officer took this whole thing...very personally. Is she supposed to be a surrogate mother figure for Ryan or something? I liked Ryan revealing her identity.

I'm happy that Ryan got beaten by Circe, but not because I don't like Ryan. I liked it because it makes sense- Kate (and/or Circe) has had years of training all over the world in various martial arts and fighting techniques. Ryan doesn't. So in a straight-up fight, Ryan should lose every time.
    Without the suit, Ryan should even lose to Sophie. I want our old Kate back, but Circe makes for a great villain.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would be shocked if this all gets resolved in the finale, so my guess is they will repeat the Elektra arc from "The Defenders" where Circe will be loyal and compliant until she starts to remember some things, become unstable, then kill Black Mask and take over, leading to her being taken down as she finally remembers who she is.
    I was wondering if she was going to be what Alice was in season 1 only for Alice to become more heroic. Alice turns back into Beth as Kate becomes Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ryan can do better at this point than living in a van with an empty pot. Like, she should have enough for at least a new apartment, right? Or I would hope.
    Sounds like a bit of social commentary waiting to happen.

Mighty Member

I loved that final shot of Poison Ivy's plant growing like that.

So it looks like Dougray Scott has left the show. Alice is behind bars, and a story I read seems to imply that Kate is gone for good as well, though I would want confirmation of that. If so, it appears that the Kane's are gone, and the show would focus solely on Ryan, Luke and Mary.

Bluebird

So, what do we make about Ryan's yet-to-be-revealed mother apparently being alive?

I see they borrowed one of the Hans and Franz bodysuits from SNL for Menace.

I applaud the show for attempting to go big with the costumes and villains. But wow... I was getting a 90's syndication feel from what they were doing here. I'm talking M.A.N.T.I.S.-level special effects.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A somewhat satisfying finale after what has been a transition year for this series. For me it is a season that I couldn't recommend to someone not dedicated to seeing it through.

My take on what S3 might look like based on what we know and have been told.
    *Ryan will be Batwoman
    *Luke will be Batwing, in some capacity
    *Mary will be legit with her clinic
    *The three will do outreach at a Community Center built with presumably Wayne tech.
    *When not Batwing, Luke & Mary are team Batwoman in the cave
    *Team Batwoman will be hunting down the Batman trophies who will be used by "bad guys of the week" type stories.
    *Jacob Kane is gone as a regular due to press release
    *Alice is very likely to still have a role in S3, we saw the lax security and what $40 will get you
    *Kate is going to track down Bruce and make a stop in National City. Sounds like a Supergirl guest appearance when S6 returns. Wallis Day in a semi-recurring role would please me.
    *Sophie is a wild card. Her true love has closed the door but I could see her as being active on Team Batwoman helping out in the cave.
    *Tavaroff/Menace will likely be back for a few episodes I think
    *Black Mask, again Arkham security, could very well be back

The main underlying story for most of the season, running through the episodes, will be the bread crumb trail of "Who is Ryan Wilder's Mother".
    Will she just be mum or are the writers going to craft some elaborate hijinks because....well if she isn't in opposition to Batwoman is that good tv/drama? I'd be fine if mum is just mum working a mundane job but I suspect they are going to craft some scheme where Wilders mom and Batwoman are in opposition.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

That finale was nothing to write home about, but it was okay. I just hope Season 3 has a little more focus

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A somewhat satisfying finale after what has been a transition year for this series. For me it is a season that I couldn't recommend to someone not dedicated to seeing it through.

My take on what S3 might look like based on what we know and have been told.
    *Ryan will be Batwoman
    *Luke will be Batwing, in some capacity
    *Mary will be legit with her clinic
    *The three will do outreach at a Community Center built with presumably Wayne tech.
    *When not Batwing, Luke & Mary are team Batwoman in the cave
    *Team Batwoman will be hunting down the Batman trophies who will be used by "bad guys of the week" type stories.
    *Jacob Kane is gone as a regular due to press release
    *Alice is very likely to still have a role in S3, we saw the lax security and what $40 will get you
    *Kate is going to track down Bruce and make a stop in National City. Sounds like a Supergirl guest appearance when S6 returns. Wallis Day in a semi-recurring role would please me.
    *Sophie is a wild card. Her true love has closed the door but I could see her as being active on Team Batwoman helping out in the cave.
    *Tavaroff/Menace will likely be back for a few episodes I think
    *Black Mask, again Arkham security, could very well be back

The main underlying story for most of the season, running through the episodes, will be the bread crumb trail of "Who is Ryan Wilder's Mother".
    Will she just be mum or are the writers going to craft some elaborate hijinks because....well if she isn't in opposition to Batwoman is that good tv/drama? I'd be fine if mum is just mum working a mundane job but I suspect they are going to craft some scheme where Wilders mom and Batwoman are in opposition.
    I concur pretty much on all of this and how season three will shake out.

Was an OK finale. Was digging the highway chase with Ryan/Kate.

Black Mask's bootleg Purge idea was weaksauce as was the 45 seconds of Batwing we got. Hopefully they make some adjustments in the next season.

We saw the baton pass coming and ideally that's all we see of Kate. I don't even want any throwaway lines like 'Kate sent me a text and she's in blah blah' or 'Kate just called me, you missed her, she says hey' type of crap. Just give me a nice clean break and a #KateFreeSeason3. This is all I wanted and to finally have it at hand, I am excited for season three and the things they could do.

Totally expect the first few episodes will be Ryan rounding up villain knockoffs who happened to have found the gear lying about and then we will get into Ryan's bio mom, which as you said, will probably be a baddie for drama sake. We shall see how things shake out.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Okay, the reason why the new actress playing Kate couldn't have taken over at the beginning of this season was...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Okay, the reason why the new actress playing Kate couldn't have taken over at the beginning of this season was...
    Who knows. They just had no good idea to Ruby Rose telling the show to kick rocks and then were reactionary to social media whenever their possible plans were leaked.

I wonder how the show could and would have gone if we had Wallace Day from the beginning. She made a great Kate.