Page 205 of 233 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but why don't they make her empress of Freedonia, too? I don't see any value at all making her CEO, so why do it? At least Luke, Mary, and even Alice have more of a realistic claim on the position than Ryan does.
    Isn't it all just a way to justify their seemingly unlimited funds and how they can still use the tower? I guess they could have made it Luke or Mary instead, but the end result would likely be the same.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Isn't it all just a way to justify their seemingly unlimited funds and how they can still use the tower? I guess they could have made it Luke or Mary instead, but the end result would likely be the same.
    Right, but using either Luke or Mary could be plausible. Ryan? There's really no way to do it with any semblance of logic it behind it, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do they have seemingly unlimited funds? I always assumed they're mostly just going with what working gear and resources they have left in the Batcave.

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-20-2021 at 05:34 AM.

Finally getting some info into what happened. And I do believe her. 10 days after major neck surgery? Really?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Not too shocked by this. WB has a bad track record with management on some of these superhero properties.

The Flash showrunner Andrew Kreisberg got fired by Warner Bros Tv after numerous allegations of Sexual harassment and inappropriate physical contact.

There is a reason the industry trades keep writing articles about WB's high volume of executive turn overs, constant management shuffling and restructuring. They are one of the worst run major studios.

Are they still trying to place all of the blame on Ruby? It sounds like someone was still try that, and Ruby had had enough and decided to talk. But I haven't heard any stories about her (or Batwoman really) recently.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I guess my issue would be if all this was going on, why didn't you speak up then, who knows how much other ill **** was going down and cast and crew suffering trying to work on this show and you stood by silent and letting it happen.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I guess the CBR editors don't know the difference between an allegation and a fact. That isn't to say that Rose isn't telling the truth but unless CBR did an independent investigation/confirmation, basic journalistic ethics would require them to treat this as an allegation, not a revelation.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I guess my issue would be if all this was going on, why didn't you speak up then, who knows how much other ill **** was going down and cast and crew suffering trying to work on this show and you stood by silent and letting it happen.
    In just about any workplace scenario - TV production set, office building, McDonald's - it's simply not safe to be a whistleblower. Yeah, there are laws "protecting" people against retaliation, but they're not enforced and the squeaky wheel is often made miserable and slowly managed out after bringing any negative attention to the organization. Powerful people are shitty, and shining a light on their shittiness rarely makes them change their ways; it just forces them to be more conniving and find other ways to get what they want.

So I don't blame her for taking some time and space before bringing any of this up.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So why now? Why not do this when the WB was throwing her under the bus when she decided to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    You might as well blame everyone on that set and not just Ruby since a lot of what she's talking about is stuff that anyone on that set would have known about. Being the star certainly didn't give her that much more power. But this happens all the time, and not just on movie/tv sets where most people who want to keep their careers don't speak up. I also get that she was trying to be a trooper at first and work through it, the same way the other crew members were trying to tough it out.

Does anyone know who was was talking about when she mentioned someone's skin falling off his face?? That sounded horrific...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So why now? Why not do this when the WB was throwing her under the bus when she decided to leave?
    I would bet any contract obligations she had ran out recently.

I always figured there was bad blood but I didn't know it went this deep. Jeez.

I wonder if Dougray Scott's issues on set is part of why he left at the end of season 2.

This makes me worried about how they're treating Javicia.