Page 211 of 233 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

I was surprised she didn't pop out, like, a laser or something to try and pry the door open.

I guess anything incendiary would've caught her too.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Whatever the plot demands.
    rimshot
    (10char)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So ignoring the lack of logic to Ryan, a convicted felon, being an up-and-coming CEO of a company that doesn't seem to even really exist anymore, how is Mary a legal doctor without even having a residency or having taken the licensing test?

Good questions to go with other logical real world questions we have posed in this thread.

Group consensus was to just let it go and try to enjoy everything else around the characters I think.

Let's face it, Jett has someone run a simple background check on her and Ryan's cover as Acting CEO is blown just like that.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So ignoring the lack of logic to Ryan, a convicted felon, being an up-and-coming CEO of a company that doesn't seem to even really exist anymore, how is Mary a legal doctor without even having a residency or having taken the licensing test?
    I think the Arrowverse writers expect us to swallow everything they write hook, line, and sinker. Sorry, guys, but no can do.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I just hope they won't make Ryan and Sophie a couple. It's just unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just hope they won't make Ryan and Sophie a couple. It's just unnecessary.
    Seem to be leaning pretty hard on it now, but it's early in the season.

It seemed to me Jayda's probably trying to protect Ryan from something. I mean why else bother giving birth in the first place if you really didn't want a child? We'll see how that shakes out...

Ryan's brother really annoyed me at first. There's obviously more to him, but I liked the scenes with Ryan and her mother - so far he just seems in the way. At worst, he'll be a plot device to contrive reasons for them to be in each other's lives when they're clearly not ready to make that decision on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It seemed to me Jayda's probably trying to protect Ryan from something. I mean why else bother giving birth in the first place if you really didn't want a child? We'll see how that shakes out...
    All that time she spent trying to hide the pregnancy, she probably could've just had an abortion and be done with it if it didn't really matter to her.

I wonder if this connected to Ryan's father.
    Ryan's brother really annoyed me at first. There's obviously more to him, but I liked the scenes with Ryan and her mother - so far he just seems in the way. At worst, he'll be a plot device to contrive reasons for them to be in each other's lives when they're clearly not ready to make that decision on their own.
    I think he's less in the way and more forcing them to interact with each other because he's trying to connect to Ryan, in his own way. I don't know if that makes him a plot device but makes him part of the new family dynamic.

Has there ever been a version of Nora Fries where being unfrozen made her age super fast? I thought that was a good take on the character, and I like how it sounded as though she and Victor had a good marriage.

I'm kind of upset that Mary is just being brushed off like that when Luke is putting himself in serious danger, but I guess ignoring sound medical advice is standard hero behavior.

So not only is Luke and Mary a thing, but Ryan and Sophie might be as well. I get the feeling this isn't going to be smooth sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I'm enjoying the Jada and Marquis Jet plot thread. It'll be interesting to see if Marquis is sincere in wanting to team up with Ryan or if he's trying to insert himself as part of some plan with Jada. And if one or both Jets eventually find out that Ryan is Batwoman.
    I never watched Empire, and he feels like a character from that show. Maybe it's just the music that plays when he's on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Captain Cold wasn't actually a captain." Luke's not wrong.
    To be fair to Snart, I don't think he ever said he was.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Has there ever been a version of Nora Fries where being unfrozen made her age super fast? I thought that was a good take on the character, and I like how it sounded as though she and Victor had a good marriage.
    Yeah, I'm glad she didn't seem bitter towards Victor. More just frustrated. I don't think she wanted to outlive him, along with all the other hangups she had to deal with.
    I'm kind of upset that Mary is just being brushed off like that when Luke is putting himself in serious danger, but I guess ignoring sound medical advice is standard hero behavior.
    Even Ryan was kind of dismissive just because she needs someone in the field. Even if said person could crash and burn on her.
    So not only is Luke and Mary a thing, but Ryan and Sophie might be as well. I get the feeling this isn't going to be smooth sailing.
    It is early into the season.
    I never watched Empire, and he feels like a character from that show. Maybe it's just the music that plays when he's on screen.
    Now that you mention it, the family dynamic is kind of Empire-ish.
    To be fair to Snart, I don't think he ever said he was.
    The name's too catchy .

Mighty Member

I enjoyed how they introduced the Black Glove society in this episode.

Black Mask, Black Glove Society, what's next? Black Boot Bureau? Black Tie Fraternity? Black Sock Sorority? Black Belt Brigade?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 11-04-2021 at 05:30 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Is Black Glove Society a comic thing? I stopped reading Batman regularly about 12-15 years ago.
    They had a good presence as a threat in this episode regardless.

Ugh, they are pushing ahead with Ryan/Sophie. She brought me soup and a rose in my dream.

Alice really losing her marbles...is this really a character path they are going down? I've just understood her to have "marbles" issues that she kept in check.

Mary/Luke the true will they won't they pairing where both are now putting up walls and pretending there is nothing there.

I’m thinking the Wayne PR guy isn’t on the up and up. Still not sure what jadas game is, or marquis for that matter.