Page 212 of 233 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I enjoyed the genre throwback when I saw Charlie, the Wayne PR guy. It was nerdy Andrew from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

What did Ivy do to Mary? It seems like she infected her with a spore.

Wayne Enterprises has a CFO? A board of directors? More employees than a security guard who is terrible at their job? Why did none of this come up in season 1? Everyone was acting like Wayne Enterprises had dissolved or ceased functioning after Bruce vanished and Wayne Tower was all that's left, but suddenly it's an active business with employees? It really feels like they're trying to force Ryan into the typical Bruce Wayne stuff.

I see the PR person was "inner circle" but not "inner inner circle" since he didn't seem to know about Batman and just assumed Bruce Wayne was a vapid addict. Although was Bruce that good of an actor or was he really addicted to some stuff?

I was always under the impression that the team didn't have an operating budget anymore and were just working off of what resources were still left working in the Batcave, but I guess it makes sense that Bruce left it running in perpetuity so he wouldn't have to worry about that. All the same, I imagine they probably have a stockpile of gas in the cave to use on the Batmobile.

Going hard on the RyanxSophie relationship with them making all those longing looks at each other.

In these two episodes we neither got a new Mr. Freeze or a villain named "Antifreeze." I guess the show isn't going to get that obvious with new villains.

How is Sophie still unemployed with her experience? Does she even want a job? Did she get a good severance package from the Crows? It seems like hardly anyone in the Arrowverse ever needs to actually work sometimes.

The Black Glove? That's a deep pull from Grant Morrison's run. Although I don't expect this to get macabre or creepy as a Morrison comic did. Unless Simon Hurt is Ryan's dad. Were those statues in Jada's office supposed to represent Barbatos...?

I take it no one in the Bat-Team really cared about Arkham not being a great place for people with genuine mental problems to get better because none of them really care about Alice or her getting better. Even Kate, really.

Does Batwoman have a freeze gun now?

Sophie deserves so much better than being Alice's babysitter.

Jada working with Black Glove is true to the comics, although she seems to want plausible deniability that they're killing people even as she's planning to kidnap and keep frozen her son.

It's hard to tell how much of Ryan and Marquis' relationship is them either using each other corporately or genuinely trying to get closer as siblings. Find out next week on CW's Empire: Guest starring Batwoman!

What are the odds Jada is trying to hide Ryan's blood ties to the legacy of the Black Gloves? (a play on Kate's introduction and ties to the Religion of Crime)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What are the odds Jada is trying to hide Ryan's blood ties to the legacy of the Black Gloves? (a play on Kate's introduction and ties to the Religion of Crime)
    If she is, I'm not sure if that matches with what she's done so far. Framing Ryan for embezzlement seems like it could bring more attention to Ryan and her background.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm wondering if it is tied to the Black Glove. She's really going out of her way to drive Ryan as far away as possible.

So Jada wants to freeze her son for daring to speak to his sister? What a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So Jada wants to freeze her son for daring to speak to his sister? What a bitch.
    I think it might have more to do with the fact that her firstborn just reappeared, but we'll see... (or he's the test run for when she wants to freeze Ryan for her trip to see the Emperor so she can be turned...)

Man, that freezing effect was really disturbing.

I'm not sure how true this was for last season, but Ryan spends very little time in the batsuit. I think it's starting to bother me now because there are more powers and gimmick villains she has to fight. I want more Batwoman fight scenes!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I enjoyed the genre throwback when I saw Charlie, the Wayne PR guy. It was nerdy Andrew from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!
    Yes! It's a treat to see Tom Lenk. If he's recurring, though, that probably means he's evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was always under the impression that the team didn't have an operating budget anymore and were just working off of what resources were still left working in the Batcave, but I guess it makes sense that Bruce left it running in perpetuity so he wouldn't have to worry about that. All the same, I imagine they probably have a stockpile of gas in the cave to use on the Batmobile.
    I thought that too. Before Kate, the Batcave was just mothballed, there's no reason to spend that much money on maintenance.

So Black Glove is from Grant Morrison's run. Morrison's run was where I faded out of monthly Batman books.
    I have bought the Omnis and plan to read them at some point. Jada is also a comic character then if I read @Frontiers summary right? The show has just decided to dramatically tie her to Ryan who doesn't exist in the comics.

So Black Glove is from Grant Morrison's run. Morrison's run was where I faded out of monthly Batman books.
    I have bought the Omnis and plan to read them at some point. Jada is also a comic character then if I read @Frontiers summary right? The show has just decided to dramatically tie her to Ryan who doesn't exist in the comics.
    Yeah, I think she's supposed to be Jezebel Jet from the comics.

The whole Black Glove arc was weird, and for me hard to follow. It didn't help that it was leading into Final Crisis, and it felt like it was starting to set up Bruce's 'death', and the need for a new Batman.

Mighty Member

Looks like Ryan's brother is going to be a future resident at Arkham.

I love that Ryan is a fellow vegan (and Javicia too in real life).
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Alice in normal clothes looks weird. Alice and Sophie being roomies feels weird. Also, Ryan couldn't have given them the heads up she was going to show up and grab Alice?

I was wondering to myself why anyone would want Catwoman's whip but then it turns out Selina used her relationship with Bruce to upgrade her whip into something that's unbreakable. Meow.

So Mary's become infected with one of Ivy's spores and becoming like a thrall who is obsessed with plants and hates humans? And Alice realized it before Mary's actual friends did. Oof. So will they need to unseal Ivy to save Mary?

Wayne Enterprises has never been in the red even when it was seemingly defunct in season 1? This plot continues to make no sense, but here comes CEO Ryan.

Has Luke forgiven Mary now that his dad point blank told him he shouldn't be using the suit like Mary said?

Jada can't seem to make up her mind on how motherly she wants to be with Ryan. One minute she's acting like a mom getting to meet her daughters' girlfriend and the next she's cold as ice. I guess we learn at the end that it was seemingly an act to drive Ryan away for her safety, but it was a little too convincing.

Zoe seemed like a nice, bright, girl and I assume she was Marquis' girlfriend. She also looked surprisingly tall (was she just that tall or was she wearing heels?). Shame she had to be Professor Pyg's first (and actually only) victim. Marquis didn't seem that beat up over her death other than violently killing Pyg, but I guess we learn later on that he's a sociopath so...in the end the girl deserved better.

Was that guy hidden in the picture with Jada and Marquis supposed to be Ryan's father? It wasn't Marquis' dad and Jada didn't seem to have any reason to hide her husband in a picture of her and her son. Wait, would both siblings have white fathers...? They don't really look biracial, but I guess it's not always obvious.

Was that the same Pyg mask from Gotham? It looks the same.

Professor Pyg in the comics was a total nutjob, while here Lazlo Valentine is just your typical disgruntled employee out for revenge. No Dollotrons or anything. And now he's dead, so I guess he won't be joining Ryan's Rogues Gallery.

Speaking of Rogues Gallery, the show is trying to establish new villains for Batwoman to fight but Batwoman's only really fought one of them (Killer Croc 2.0).

This show is really on a Grant Morrison bent lately. First Black Glove, then Professor Pyg, and now Flamingo. I'm only disappointed we probably won't see Batwoman fight Flamingo.

Why is Montoya so obsessed with Ivy? Because they dated in college, which I guess gives them an emotional tether to Ivy for when she shows up if there's anything still left of her humanity.

If they were going to keep the aspect of Ivy's origin that someone from her college experimented on her to turn her into Poison Ivy, why not keep it Jason Woodrue?

Ivy was so powerful that the only way Batman was able to stop her was by sealing her alive. I guess that's one way to set up the main villain.

Are Ryan and Sophie dating now? I dunno, feels like they're getting to that point and couldn't be less obvious about it.

So the big reveal is that Joker shocked Marquis into being a sociopath and he's had violent tendencies since childhood, even to the point where it seemed like he almost killed his father (unless that's actually how Marquis' dad died, but I don't think even Jada could cover that up). And Jada wants to put him on ice until they've found a way to cure his mental illness.

Did Jada send Ryan away because she wanted to protect her from her brother? Or is she now trying to use Ryan to get through to Marquis?

I'm not a nitpicker. I've let oddities on other shows pass, when I notice them, but those were tighter scripted shows. Better shows, it didn't happen often.

This show is like reverse "Where is Waldo", the inconsistencies just jump out at you.

I'm no doctor so I have to believe the chef aka Professor Pyg, got his does wrong (maybe due to an extra person?) or that is weakest paralytic agent ever. All the stumbling around when Pyg should've been going all Dexter on them was bad.

So Wayne Corp wasn't in financial woes in S1? I thought that was a pilot discussion Luke had with Kate when she broke in. It just arbitrarily shut down? Or what it didn't shut down there is a whole PR team still out there kicking and actively trading stock??

Flamingo or Flamenco? I can see the latter having a whip, not the prior.

So what Joker-esque novelty rip off is the brother going to be or is it an original character perhaps?

Mary is clearly infected now. Suspected before but they flashed the lights on the neon sign a few seconds longer this time.

So we have to wait till next episode to find out what Luke uncovered from the data drop? I honestly expected him to pop in as Batwing and save the day. That would've been much more plausible than the bumbling around.

By episodes conclusion the dinner evening went from Recon mission to agreed upon date it seems. SIGH