Page 213 of 233 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was that guy hidden in the picture with Jada and Marquis supposed to be Ryan's father? It wasn't Marquis' dad and Jada didn't seem to have any reason to hide her husband in a picture of her and her son. Wait, would both siblings have white fathers...? They don't really look biracial, but I guess it's not always obvious.
    He looked like the guy having an allergic reaction to peanuts in the video Ryan watched and Marquis called him "dad" in that video. So, I think it's safe to say that was Marquis' dad. I don't know why she folded the picture. Maybe seeing his picture is a trigger for Marquis?

So the big reveal is that Joker shocked Marquis into being a sociopath and he's had violent tendencies since childhood, even to the point where it seemed like he almost killed his father (unless that's actually how Marquis' dad died, but I don't think even Jada could cover that up). And Jada wants to put him on ice until they've found a way to cure his mental illness.
    It looks like Marquis is going to be the new Joker. It's an interesting blend of Bruce and Kate's archnemeses. Bruce's is the Joker and Kate's is her sister. Ryan's will be her brother or half-brother who is the new Joker.

Did Jada send Ryan away because she wanted to protect her from her brother? Or is she now trying to use Ryan to get through to Marquis?
    In the third episode, Marquis said Ryan is a year younger than him and that Jada was away for nine months. Marquis would've been three months old when she left. Not to mention the Joker is apparently responsible for Marquis. So, the question of why Jada went away for nine months and erased her connection to Ryan remains.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 11-12-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    It looks like Marquis is going to be the new Joker. It's an interesting blend of Bruce and Kate's archnemeses. Bruce's is the Joker and Kate's is her sister. Ryan's will be her half-brother who is the new Joker.
    I also think the Joker hijacking Marquis' bus is the same incident that led Batman away rather than stay behind and check to make sure the Kane's were safe.

Liked this incarnation of Pyg.

Nice bait and switch with Marquis being revealed as bad and Jada as not as bad as she initially seemed. Though I really hope it won't just be a rehash of the Alice-storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Liked this incarnation of Pyg.

Nice bait and switch with Marquis being revealed as bad and Jada as not as bad as she initially seemed. Though I really hope it won't just be a rehash of the Alice-storyline.
    I thought it was okay but I wanted a crazier version of Pyg.

Professor Pyg has always unsettled me (even when he's animated), so I felt this episode hit some of the right notes. That was nothing compared to the Marquis reveal, however. I hope that turns out to be as frightening as the set-up.

So they're going for the slow burn with Mary and whatever's going on with her. We've got that and the history with Montoya, so it looks like Poison Ivy is shaping up to be a major villain this season.

I want to see Flamingo! Tahiti again? Between this and Legends of Tomorrow, is next year's crossover going to be in Tahiti?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Professor Pyg has always unsettled me (even when he's animated), so I felt this episode hit some of the right notes. That was nothing compared to the Marquis reveal, however. I hope that turns out to be as frightening as the set-up.

So they're going for the slow burn with Mary and whatever's going on with her. We've got that and the history with Montoya, so it looks like Poison Ivy is shaping up to be a major villain this season.

I want to see Flamingo! Tahiti again? Between this and Legends of Tomorrow, is next year's crossover going to be in Tahiti?
    I hear it's a magical place.🤔🤷🏻*♂️

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

So I been behind the episodes so I binged the three i needed to catch up on yesterday and wow...went from thinking Jada was truly twisted at the end of 'Anti-freeze' to genuinely surprised by the reveal of Marcus being the threat. Wonder where things go and what they do with him if he will ascend to being some kind of big bad or will Jada still be a baddie in the end on some levels.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Mighty Member

I was thinking Montoya was going to hook up with Ryan. Definitely got that one wrong.

So, considering what Ryan knows about her brother, I’m surprised she isn’t filling the Bat-fam in on the potential joker in their midst. And who is the big bad for the season going to be- poison ivy or joker? I’m not sure I like how the deck is being shuffled, with Sophie and Montoya hooking up. Montoya took a hard stance on ivy, and I’m not sure if she can be trusted. Alice continues to play both ends against the middle, and Mary continues to be the weak link for me.
    Oh, and I’m surprised the liberty mutual insurance guy wasn’t bitten by a radioactive emu in the commercial.��
    Last edited by protege; 11-18-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So, considering what Ryan knows about her brother, I’m surprised she isn’t filling the Bat-fam in on the potential joker in their midst.
    I chalked this up to her complying with Jada's request that she not tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And who is the big bad for the season going to be- poison ivy or joker?
    My guess is Poison Ivy. I wonder if they're building up to Marquis becoming the Joker in the season finale. I'm probably way off.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 11-18-2021 at 04:43 PM.

I guess we see firsthand what a plant-based serial killer does to people, although thankfully Mary never killed anyone.

I still don't quite understand how city hall apparently has the ability to supersede the police in investigations. It's like Renee is the new Crows even though she's ostensibly just a civil servant working for the mayor. Couldn't she just be like the commissioner or do we not want a main character in the police force on this show?

Mary seemed specifically insistent that Luke not think she was gay.

I'm glad they didn't drag out everyone realizing Mary was the new Poison Ivy, and that Mary had the wherewithal to cuff herself. Although whenever they do that to someone I wonder what happens when they need to use the bathroom, especially with all that water she's been drinking.

Although I guess they're now dragging out what Ryan now knows about Marquis, because it's not a CW Superhero show without some secrets.

Black Glove being a group of concerned, wealthy, parents trying to take care of their trouble children is...far more mundane compared to Black Glove in the comics or your usual secret criminal cabal. Like, even the motives aren't that sinister even though apparently they have no qualms with killing people to find solutions for taking care of these crazy kids.

So are we just going to ignore that Sophie was torturing a guy before Ryan came in and stopped her? I mean, not that he wasn't a bad guy who deserved what was coming to him, but I don't know if we want to condone torching someone's face.

I'm surprised Sophie didn't put two and two together what Jada is after when she hears Black Glove was designed to take care of rich peoples' crazy kids.

What's Alice's endgame here? Is she trying to help or is she just screwing with everybody? What does she get out of Mary going on a violent criminal rampage? Unless she wants to bond with her stepsister over shared homicidal tendencies? Or steer Mary right? It's so hard to gauge what Alice is after at this point.

Mary completes her transformation into Poison Ivy by wearing a green coat. Makes me wonder what Pamela's costume is actually going to look like when we see her.

I'm kind of over Luke yelling for his dad all the time (or at least begging for his dad to talk to him).

Sudden CGI Batwoman cape to show it as far larger than it actually is while she's gliding.

Sophie and Renee hooking up is kind of funny because they're so similar and Sophie basically took Renee's role as Kate Kane's main love interest on this show.

So is the solution to saving Mary releasing the real Ivy so the spore will return to its original (and rightful) host?

bwns3-ivy-8x12-r2.jpg

First look at Mary as Poison Ivy.

Ok, I'm confused. Didn't they already cast a different actress to play Poison Ivy?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    bwns3-ivy-8x12-r2.jpg

Ok, I'm confused. Didn't they already cast a different actress to play Poison Ivy?
    Yeah, Bridget Regan as Pamela Isley.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    bwns3-ivy-8x12-r2.jpg

She looks good, but I have to say I find it weird we got Mary in a Poison Ivy costume before the actual Poison Ivy shows up.

Will she wear the same outfit or...?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

She looks good, but I have to say I find it weird we got Mary in a Poison Ivy costume before the actual Poison Ivy shows up.

Will she wear the same outfit or...?
    Flashbacks? Or maybe they will need to find Ivy and free her to be able to get her help to undo whatever has been done to Mary.

Pretty good episode. Easy premise, Mary gets whammied and then there are repercussions.

Felt like we have been building toward Mary's reasoning for being upset rather than it cropping up in a single episode for drama sake.

Like that the team was told of the issue quickly rather than padding out a number of episodes with some jekyl n hyde thing and Ryan pursuing who she thinks is Ivy but she is in the shadows or hidden and then we finally get some grand reveal that it is Mary and not Pamela.

Im sure Alice will get in over her head trying to manipulate Mary and then need Ryan to rescue her.

Wondering what the big bad will ultimately be...Marcus...Jada...Black Glove....seems to be too many episodes for it to be Mary. Unless they are indeed going with the graphic novel part one / part two mentality of the Flash and having like part one of the season be Mary Ivy and then part two will circle back to Jada and psycho Marcus....

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia