Page 214 of 233 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Attachment 115679

First look at Mary as Poison Ivy.

Ok, I'm confused. Didn't they already cast a different actress to play Poison Ivy?
    She's obviously a legacy character in the same way Ryan is.

Soooo, Poison-Mary is NOT gonna attack the woman who killed her mom?

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Soooo, Poison-Mary is NOT gonna attack the woman who killed her mom?

Interesting.
    Now that you mention it, the fact that she's not trying to kill Alice over her inner hatred over what happened to her mom doesn't make a lot of sense.

Unless she's really over it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it, the fact that she's not trying to kill Alice over her inner hatred over what happened to her mom doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well, Alice is her half-sister who was abducted as a child. So, while I’m sure there is some degree of hatred, it would make sense that her emotions regarding Alice are complex and that’s why she hasn’t acted against Alice like she did the dating app guy and the Black Glove operative.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Well, Alice is her half-sister who was abducted as a child. So, while I’m sure there is some degree of hatred, it would make sense that her emotions regarding Alice are complex and that’s why she hasn’t acted against Alice like she did the dating app guy and the Black Glove operative.
    Step-sister. She's also still following Jacob's plea to take care and be there for Alice (which is more than Kate did).

Step-sister. She's also still following Jacob's plea to take care and be there for Alice (which is more than Kate did).
    My bad. I didn’t watch the first season. For some reason, I thought she was Jacob’s biological daughter. Well, I still think the emotions are complex and Jacob’s plea is part of that.

Between what happened to Marquis last week and Mary this week, this show is picking up a lot of momentum. Makes it even more tragic that Team Bat is sticking to their full disclosure thing and yet they still were unable to help Mary.

I know Alice is just teasing Mary by calling her "Steppy", but I kind of hope they form some sort of bond.

Sophie and Montoya can either be good because it cuts Ryan out of the picture or bad if it becomes a love triangle with the three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Oh, and I’m surprised the liberty mutual insurance guy wasn’t bitten by a radioactive emu in the commercial.��
    I think Doug just wants in on the Spider-verse, and getting emu powers won't do him any favors.

Mary completes her transformation into Poison Ivy by wearing a green coat.
    Said transformation began when she started taking hairstyling tips from Uma Thurman in Batman and Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Wondering what the big bad will ultimately be...Marcus...Jada...Black Glove....seems to be too many episodes for it to be Mary. Unless they are indeed going with the graphic novel part one / part two mentality of the Flash and having like part one of the season be Mary Ivy and then part two will circle back to Jada and psycho Marcus....
    I like having so many players on the board. Hopefully it will all come together, but it looks like we're already at the mid-season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Between what happened to Marquis last week and Mary this week, this show is picking up a lot of momentum. Makes it even more tragic that Team Bat is sticking to their full disclosure thing and yet they still were unable to help Mary.

I know Alice is just teasing Mary by calling her "Steppy", but I kind of hope they form some sort of bond.

Sophie and Montoya can either be good because it cuts Ryan out of the picture or bad if it becomes a love triangle with the three of them.

I think Doug just wants in on the Spider-verse, and getting emu powers won't do him any

Said transformation began when she started taking hairstyling tips from Uma Thurman in Batman and Robin.

I like having so many players on the board. Hopefully it will all come together, but it looks like we're already at the mid-season finale.
    Well, I beg to differ on Ryan and her definition of full disclosure.

It might be a breath of fresh air if this show bucks the now-standard "Big Bad" formula. Some shows have already started doing it breaking up the season into two arcs because it's difficult to maintain momentum and story for one Big Bad per season. Even if there becomes a more prominent baddie at the end, it still won't be "THE Big Bad" because that name referred to the "real main bad guy who was behind everything all along that the season has been building towards." This season appears to not have that structure, but is more episodic, using the Bat Trophies as the connecting thread rather than a main Big Bad. It's been working for me this season, streamlining storylines and keeping things moving at a nice pace.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It might be a breath of fresh air if this show bucks the now-standard "Big Bad" formula. Some shows have already started doing it breaking up the season into two arcs because it's difficult to maintain momentum and story for one Big Bad per season. Even if there becomes a more prominent baddie at the end, it still won't be "THE Big Bad" because that name referred to the "real main bad guy who was behind everything all along that the season has been building towards." This season appears to not have that structure, but is more episodic, using the Bat Trophies as the connecting thread rather than a main Big Bad. It's been working for me this season, streamlining storylines and keeping things moving at a nice pace.
    I think season 2 definitely benefited from focusing initially on Safiyah and then shifting to Black Mask for the second half in season 2 rather than just have one as the overarching Big Bad for the entire season.

They struggled to maintain consistent momentum with Alice in season 1 in my opinion (she got caught and escaped like a dozen times just to stay relevant).

Of course you also have to make you're villains investing and the stories hold up otherwise you end up like The Flash season 7 where we had 3 Big Bads and none of them really landed.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Kicking myself for not realizing this as it was unfolding on screen. But maybe it eventually triggers (what I expect) at some point Alice overplaying her hand and Poison Mary then wanting to kill her.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Alice was the one who reminded us that Mary might still hold a grudge for killing her mom, yet she's there offering her a ride. I imagine they'll address it with some dialogue next episode but it won't become the focus - at least not right away if Poison Mary has a more important agenda at the moment.

I wonder if this will lead to some awkward love pentagon between Ryan, Sophie, Renee, Ivy/Mary and Luke. I can see "Legends" having it all play out in one crazy scene between them all at once, but I doubt it for this show.

Mighty Member

Very dumb of Ryan to give away the company like that.

Good episode.

I wonder if Jada and Ryan’s relationship will always be transactional.

Looks like Marquis dyed his hair purple at the end.

Looks like we’re headed for a Marquis and Mary team-up. If this happens, I don’t see how Mary doesn’t reveal Ryan is Batwoman and the batcave’s location to Marquis, assuming he doesn’t learn it first.

The board appoints the new CEO not the departing CEO but whatever. It’s not really important.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Very dumb of Ryan to give away the company like that.
    It was very dumb that she had anything to do with the company in the first place.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?