Page 220 of 233 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno about sociopaths, more like they take the easy out even if it's not necessarily "justice."
    Letting the mass murdering plant maniac ride off into the island sunset with her gf because..."Love".
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

It really did feel like so many of these characters should be in jail by the end of this arc. I guess this is the last we've seen of Rene for a while? Until Coryana is revisited. It's too easy to welcome Mary back into the fold like that. If she isn't going to jail, she at least needs to suffer some consequences for her actions.

At least it was cool to see Batwoman vs. Poison Ivy and Luke back in the Batwing suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    With Mary returning to normal, I wonder if Alice will start having hallucinations again.
    I guess it's about time they revisited that, and if they're going to keep Alice around...

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Letting the mass murdering plant maniac ride off into the island sunset with her gf because..."Love".
    This show loves its lesbian drama...then again, I've given up expecting Alice to face any permanent consequences for her crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It makes me wonder if the higher ups were ever okay with an on-screen direct mention of Green Lantern. If that was never in the cards, why the build-up? The Arrow finale would've been the best ending to him.
    I'm pretty sure they never planned to use John as GL. What started as fan theory became "fan fact" just because they wanted it so much - like SuperCorp, but then the show writers picked up on it to tease the audience knowing it will get attention, but without intending to actually pay it off.

The Poison Ivy storyline has been okay, but I wasn't happy with the stuff in the woods because Ryan clearly devolved. I get they wanted to show that she was under a lot of stress with everything going on, but she came across like a newbie - balking at the idea of going outside, ditching the kid to hide in the truck, wanting to run back home after getting their asses kicked, etc.... and I just laughed seeing the hero not be able to reach a bag of salt in the back of a pickup. Real amateur hour there.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm pretty sure they never planned to use John as GL. What started as fan theory became "fan fact" just because they wanted it so much - like SuperCorp, but then the show writers picked up on it to tease the audience knowing it will get attention, but without intending to actually pay it off.

The Poison Ivy storyline has been okay, but I wasn't happy with the stuff in the woods because Ryan clearly devolved. I get they wanted to show that she was under a lot of stress with everything going on, but she came across like a newbie - balking at the idea of going outside, ditching the kid to hide in the truck, wanting to run back home after getting their asses kicked, etc.... and I just laughed seeing the hero not be able to reach a bag of salt in the back of a pickup. Real amateur hour there.
    Kind of makes me want to see how Batman fared against Ivy, although it didn't sound like it went well given how they had to use a desperation tactic to stop her.

This is kind of my problem with the show: I know that Ryan is a newbie to crime fighting, but she's really not on Batman's level when it comes to her opponents and how she handles them. I'd kind of like it if she was a little more self reliant.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    This is kind of my problem with the show: I know that Ryan is a newbie to crime fighting, but she's really not on Batman's level when it comes to her opponents and how she handles them. I'd kind of like it if she was a little more self reliant.
    I like how they made fun of how Ryan's not really much of a detective. Then again, neither was Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like how they made fun of how Ryan's not really much of a detective. Then again, neither was Kate.
    Most of their detective work involves looking through Bruce's (or Kate's, or Lucius's) journals.

So I guess they're going the way of "Sophie with another Batwoman notch on her bedpost?"(I was liking their friendship as just that) So that's three women who've worn the costume that she'll have had relations with. (counting Renee and her ex fiancee.... she's low-key become the Sara Lance of this show (pre-Eva, of course))

Ryan backsliding in aptitude and confidence this episode made me think Sophie should just don the mantle. She probably has better skills and training. Ryan's "I know how the other half suffers" thing that made her unique at first really hasn't come into play in awhile. After being CEO and now that she has a rich mother, the show seems to have actively ditched that in favor of presenting Ryan as traditionally successful.

Most of their detective work involves looking through Bruce's (or Kate's, or Lucius's) journals.

So I guess they're going the way of "Sophie with another Batwoman notch on her bedpost?"(I was liking their friendship as just that) So that's three women who've worn the costume that she'll have had relations with. (counting Renee and her ex fiancee.... she's low-key become the Sara Lance of this show (pre-Eva, of course))

Ryan backsliding in aptitude and confidence this episode made me think Sophie should just don the mantle. She probably has better skills and training. Ryan's "I know how the other half suffers" thing that made her unique at first really hasn't come into play in awhile. After being CEO and now that she has a rich mother, the show seems to have actively ditched that in favor of presenting Ryan as traditionally successful.
    I did love how Mary made fun of Sophie being the queen of welfare .

But she is an amateur. She doesn't have the training that Bruce, Kate, or even ALICE have. Hell, she never even managed to defeat a mind-controlled Kate last season. She only barely survived.

Maybe that's why she's been fighting knock-offs for the most part this season. Because the real ones would have already killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But she is an amateur. She doesn't have the training that Bruce, Kate, or even ALICE have. Hell, she never even managed to defeat a mind-controlled Kate last season. She only barely survived.

Maybe that's why she's been fighting knock-offs for the most part this season. Because the real ones would have already killed her.
    They made a lot of effort to tell us about her fighting skills when they introduced her. And she did show growth over her short time in the suit in terms of using her Bat-weapons and her confidence. I was specifically reacting to the episode in the woods where she seemed to regress even from how she had been, not that she has ever achieved Bruce of Kate levels.

Isn't she supposed to be a black belt or something?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've just gotten caught up on Batwoman since it came back. I'll say I enjoyed the OG Poison Ivy comeback the most. Felt they handled a classic as well as these shows could have.
    • Interesting use of "getting rid of her" by sending her off to Coryana. Could Pamela bring back the Desert Rose?
    • So Mary is, ahem, allegedly returned to normal it seems. I say it seems cause as soon as a writer has a plot there will be the inevitable "sleeping agent" inside Mary and reawaken her Poison half.
    • I do not like how Renee has been used. I wanted more for her character. I expect more out of her due to her cop status. I know plenty of characters walk in the gray(Mary going to get away with murder?) but alas.
    • It was good to see Batwing again. I still want even more out of Lucius. He's become my favorite character.
    • Diggle shows up and has a past with Jada Jet? Ok. Also Jada is now setting up Batwoman to look ever the incompetent vigilante blaming her for all the OG Batman foes resurfacing. Hmmm
    • So when Marquis shows back up is he going to be full blown villian, codename and all?
    • Alice, my once favorite character on the show now has me more than ever wondering why she is still around. Time for her to exit stage left.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    [*]I do not like how Renee has been used. I wanted more for her character. I expect more out of her due to her cop status. I know plenty of characters walk in the gray(Mary going to get away with murder?) but alas.[/LIST]
    Has Renee ever been done justice in a live-action adaptation? I barely remember her from Gotham, I didn't like them making her the grizzled old detective in Birds of Prey, and they did everything possible to make her unlikeable here.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Has Renee ever been done justice in a live-action adaptation? I barely remember her from Gotham, I didn't like them making her the grizzled old detective in Birds of Prey, and they did everything possible to make her unlikeable here.
    And it's the same actress. She keeps falling for crazy homicidal women .