Page 221 of 233 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm pretty sure they never planned to use John as GL. What started as fan theory became "fan fact" just because they wanted it so much - like SuperCorp, but then the show writers picked up on it to tease the audience knowing it will get attention, but without intending to actually pay it off.
    When you have a mysterious glowing green object fall from the sky, it's sorta clear what they were going for there.

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    When you have a mysterious glowing green object fall from the sky, it's sorta clear what they were going for there.
    People were saying that Diggle was actually John Stewart for years before that. The writers picked up on that, and would occasionally add in an easter egg here and there alluding to that (Older Barry asking John where his ring was in Elseworlds, his step father being surnamed Stewart). They went all in during the finale, because they probably felt they would never have to address it again.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    People were saying that Diggle was actually John Stewart for years before that. The writers picked up on that, and would occasionally add in an easter egg here and there alluding to that (Older Barry asking John where his ring was in Elseworlds, his step father being surnamed Stewart). They went all in during the finale, because they probably felt they would never have to address it again.
    Easter eggs are one thing, but the glowing green object literally falling from the skies and Digg hearing alien voices in his head afterwards telling him that 'Worlds Await is quite another. I don't dispute that the writers likely got the idea from fan feedback.

I just believe they had an intention to make him a Green Lantern, but they did it as vaguely as possible because they weren't sure they would get permission due to the upcoming HBOMax show.

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    Easter eggs are one thing, but the glowing green object literally falling from the skies and Digg hearing alien voices in his head afterwards telling him that 'Worlds Await is quite another. I don't dispute that the writers likely got the idea from fan feedback.

I just believe they had an intention to make him a Green Lantern, but they did it as vaguely as possible because they weren't sure they would get permission due to the upcoming HBOMax show.
    To be honest they've just handled the whole situation weirdly. Like, I can understand wanting to have fun with it but there was only so far they could really take it.

They should have ignored the talk about him being John Stewart imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest they've just handled the whole situation weirdly. Like, I can understand wanting to have fun with it but there was only so far they could really take it.
    I believe it started out as just fun but they actually became serious about it towards the end of Crisis. if not for the higher ups I believe we'd be seeing Green Lantern Dig.

Mighty Member

Well, that was a very "steamy" ending to the episode.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    And a bit silly. Knocking over the lamp, pausing to discuss it.

Really, Jada is in on the secret now? What is this The Flash?

I like that the Lucius A.I. is back in the Batwing suit.

How long are we going to drag out the "one last shock in the joy buzzer" schtick you think?

I swear I thought, with this show, that Alice was going to kiss Mary, 1/2 sister or not.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I actually enjoyed that. I'm not big on romance/sex scenes, but these 2 actors seem to have genuine chemistry, as opposed to it feeling forced with Rose.

Actually enjoy the show as a whole, and like how they keep finding ways for Alice to be useful to the plot. I think the show benefits from her as comic relief. I was totally fooled by the toymaker being reformed.

Jeturian? What a weird name for a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    And a bit silly. Knocking over the lamp, pausing to discuss it.

Really, Jada is in on the secret now? What is this The Flash?

I like that the Lucius A.I. is back in the Batwing suit.

How long are we going to drag out the "one last shock in the joy buzzer" schtick you think?

I swear I thought, with this show, that Alice was going to kiss Mary, 1/2 sister or not.
    Isn't Mary the foster or step sister of Kate and Alice/Beth? I thought the Kane father was Mary's step-father.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Isn't Mary the foster or step sister of Kate and Alice/Beth? I thought the Kane father was Mary's step-father.
    Yeah, they are step-sisters, not half-sisters.

"Scarlet Knight" - I never heard that one before, but I guess she does have a red chest emblem even though she's not a redhead anymore.

I get why Mary is blaming herself, but shouldn't the Bat-Team hold Alice accountable? She was as much guilty for pushing Mary to distance herself from anyone and give in to her evil side as Mary was. If anything it might not have progressed as quickly if not for Alice. And instead they're still treating her like she's part of the team.

Kiki seems like a proto-Harley, which is kind of ironic when it turns out her therapist was the actual Harley. Kind of wonder how that worked out in this universe because it seems like Kiki was working for Joker long before Harleen became Harley.

Even the cast are pointing out how Marquis is dressing more like The Joker now.

I can't believe Mary actually asked for advice on how to deal with emotional trauma/living with the crimes you've committed from Alice of all people.

They definitely make it sound like Marquis actually killed his dad now.

Zsasz is the most woke Gotham Supervillain I've seen since Mr. Freeze in the Harley Quinn cartoon. I love how they remembered his relationship to Ryan.

What was wrong with Jada giving birth to Ryan? Because she was a child from an affair? She also didn't want her around Marquis, but they keep being mum on who Ryan's father is.

So Jada was under the impression that Ryan was going to a loving home with all the money they could have needed...only for the doctor to hoard the money and leave Ryan on the streets as a baby. I mean, that's not Jada's fault, but if she had taken five minutes to check on her she probably would have realized what had happened.

Oh, that explains Ryan's masculine name. She was named after her grandfather.

Ryan finally calls Jada "mom" but I'm not sure it feels earned.

Why did Jada immediately jump to Ryan being Batwoman after she subdued Zsasz? Is it out of the question that she took self-defense classes? It's not like she's ever seen Batwoman fight. If anyone should've picked it up, it should've been Zsasz.

Sophie was crushing on Ryan back when she was a criminal? If so...she really didn't show it well. Like I thought the whole point of their relationship was growing from animosity, to respect, to friendship, and then love.

Marquis using Arkham inmates as goons like it's an actual Arkham game.

That's one of the clumsier sex scenes I've seen on TV. First the broken lamp and then Ryan couldn't even take Sophie's pants off. Maybe she's just out of practice. Admittedly Sophie has apparently been getting more action than Ryan has off-screen.

Is that the crowbar that Joker used on Jason Todd?

So what's Marquis' plan for the joybuzzer? What would Joker do? Try to drive their respective Bat-Nemesis insane so they'll be just like them?

I thought Mary was going to turn herself in for murder, but instead she's just going to take what she did, accept it, and try to make up for it as much as she can.

Alice is tired of being a sociopath and wants the joybuzzer to make her "normal" again, but I feel like it's not going to be that easy. And even if she does, will she be able to live with her crimes and everything she's done?

I didn't realize this Season is only gonna have 13 episodes. That is kinda strange. Not that I don't welcome it, shorter Seasons might indeed be beneficial. Though this one still hasn't been without issues.

Who knew Carla and Elliot from Scrubs would make for such convincing villains?