Page 224 of 233 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Got caught up...so...cliff notes....

Yeah I don't care about Alice. At. All. Do not care about her, do not sympathize with her and her plight, nothing. Just get her off the show.

Are we done with Mary being bothered by killing that guy? Was not feeling her blaming Alice for 'not stopping her' or Alice calling in some kinda confession before Mary could fess up to the guys family. Eff that if this is getting swept under the rug now.

What is Marquis' grand plan....who knows....one thing that annoys me, and it was stirred up again seeing a story online that was talking about the actor playing the first black Joker.....like....dude is not the Joker. He is a knock off. He can and should be something else. Hell I like the actor's ability to straddle that line between crazy and ferociously evil. I love it. But I think he could have been branded something else, his own thing, and still brought the same to the show.

Ryan and Sophie...well we knew we were getting this....I don't want it, but ah well, what can you do....
    Sophie

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post

Are we done with Mary being bothered by killing that guy? Was not feeling her blaming Alice for 'not stopping her' or Alice calling in some kinda confession before Mary could fess up to the guys family. Eff that if this is getting swept under the rug now.

What is Marquis' grand plan....who knows....one thing that annoys me, and it was stirred up again seeing a story online that was talking about the actor playing the first black Joker.....like....dude is not the Joker. He is a knock off. He can and should be something else. Hell I like the actor's ability to straddle that line between crazy and ferociously evil. I love it. But I think he could have been branded something else, his own thing, and still brought the same to the show.
    The Mary plot should be done - what more can be brought from dragging that out? Therapy sessions? Maybe if this was Arrow, but it wouldn't do much here.

For Marquis, I believe the wheel of death was his grand plan until Alice gave him something else to do. I'm the opposite when it comes to Alice - love the character and how she stays inserted in the show.

To be honest I enjoyed Mary calling Alice out for how she handled the Poison Mary thing because she was far more of an enabler for Alice's own sake than a helpful "sister."

I feel like Mary should still feel a a major weight on herself for killing a man, so I hope they don't pretend it never happened. Although it still makes no sense how she's a free woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Mary should still feel a a major weight on herself for killing a man, so I hope they don't pretend it never happened. Although it still makes no sense how she's a free woman.
    Agree 100%. Someone taking the blame for you does not obviate your guilty feeling.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Agree 100%. Someone taking the blame for you does not obviate your guilty feeling.
    They did the guilt exploration in this latest episode. I can see it being touched on briefly again but don't see much gain in dragging it out in the long term. I guess it could be used to get her off the team/show, but her doctoring skills are still an asset.

But it's definitely done for this season, as I doubt there will be room to touch it in the finale. Bring it back in season 4 (if it happens) if there's a story worth telling.

Yeah, honestly, I would feel insulted if Mary killing the guy would be swept under the rug. That would be majorly OOC for her.

Bluebird

So, with that Gotham Knights show rumored to have Bluebird in it, my hope for her appearing on this show should be shelved, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    So, with that Gotham Knights show rumored to have Bluebird in it, my hope for her appearing on this show should be shelved, huh?
    I wonder if the show will bring back that Parker girl from season 1...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The writers keep dancing around Alice. As much as I like the actress this characters arc is over, been over. It was explicitly tied to Kate and she is long gone. Kudos they stretched the sisterly thing out as long as they did with Mary. Let. Alice. Go.

I used to think the Batcave was the most secure thing...anywhere. This show demonstrates that it is more like a private club with a back door, you just need to "know someone". Sigh, what is Marcus going to do down there with all those toys???

Mary is likely the only ecstatic one about Sophie and Ryan. It is super forced and we've all been noting it.

Show needs more Batwing and he needs his glider wings. Upgrade time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Mary is likely the only ecstatic one about Sophie and Ryan. It is super forced and we've all been noting it.
    I think they actually stretched that out. The chemistry between Sophie and Ryan seems pretty genuine. It seemed more forced between Sophie and Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The writers keep dancing around Alice. As much as I like the actress this characters arc is over, been over. It was explicitly tied to Kate and she is long gone. Kudos they stretched the sisterly thing out as long as they did with Mary. Let. Alice. Go.

I used to think the Batcave was the most secure thing...anywhere. This show demonstrates that it is more like a private club with a back door, you just need to "know someone". Sigh, what is Marcus going to do down there with all those toys???

Show needs more Batwing and he needs his glider wings. Upgrade time.
    Does any Arrowverse location actually have good security?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does any Arrowverse location actually have good security?
    I still laugh seeing Barry's reaction to Malcolm and the League guys just showing up in the Bunker that one time in the LoT set up crossover.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    This sums up my feelings for the entire show. They had an opportunity to bring the real comic book characters to life. Instead, all of the characters here are knock-offs. Ryan is a knock-off of Kate. Mary was a knock-off of Poison Ivy, and is a knock-off of Bette Kane. Sophie is a knock-off of every CW superhero love interest. Luke is a knock-off of Iron Man.

Ok, I admit he's also a knock off of Iron Man in the comics, but still...

Kate Kane doesn't really have a deep pool of villains to draw from. Off the top of my head I only remember the vampire lady, Safiya, and the Religion of Crime. But they could have done something better than having randos find the gear of Batman's Rogues and become new versions of them. But I guess they painted themselves into a corner by having Batman chase the Joker when Kate was a kid. By having Batman be active when Kate was a kid, all of his Rogues would be active as well, and thus be too old for Kate (and now Ryan).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Kate Kane doesn't really have a deep pool of villains to draw from. Off the top of my head I only remember the vampire lady, Safiya, and the Religion of Crime. But they could have done something better than having randos find the gear of Batman's Rogues and become new versions of them. But I guess they painted themselves into a corner by having Batman chase the Joker when Kate was a kid. By having Batman be active when Kate was a kid, all of his Rogues would be active as well, and thus be too old for Kate (and now Ryan).
    I liked that seasons 1 and 2 focused on more obscure villains like Nocturna, Magpie, Duela Dent, etc. I thought it was a good way to highlight lesser-known foes and not have to rely on elderly traditional rogues. Plus, it feels weird that most of Batman's rogues were active a long time ago, yet he never dealt with Hush or Black Mask. Or that Harvey Dent is still a "young, hot-shot ADA".

They could've also leaned in to the original comic run's focus on the supernatural. It's not like the current DC CW shows are doing a lot with magic anyway, so it would've given the show something to stand out with.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

On some level I understand why they felt a new Batwoman could fight new versions of classic Bat-Villains, even if it does make her even more derivative, although I thought Poison Mary worked quite well...just not as well as the real Poison ivy.