Page 225 of 233 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Interesting to note that the whole "Joker killed Robin with a crowbar" thing is being perpetuated in this reality as well. People just prefer it. I mean, I get it. It sounds better than "Joker beat Robin to within an inch of his life with a crowbar then blew him up."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Interesting to note that the whole "Joker killed Robin with a crowbar" thing is being perpetuated in this reality as well. People just prefer it. I mean, I get it. It sounds better than "Joker beat Robin to within an inch of his life with a crowbar then blew him up."
    Oh yeah, now that you mention it people always act like it was the crowbar that killed Jason and not the explosion. I guess the crowbar was just more memorable.

Yeah, honestly, I am so freaking sick of "A Death in the Family".

We've had an animated movie, we've had Zack Snyder make reference to it in BvS, we've had it being adapted in Titans and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

We've had an animated movie, we've had Zack Snyder make reference to it in BvS, we've had it being adapted in Titans and now this.
    I don't have a problem with it.

I wouldn't have much of a problem with it myself if they kept Jason dead so that the story held its initial value.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    I wouldn't have much of a problem with it myself if they kept Jason dead so that the story held its initial value.
    Red Hood's too popular now.

I have some sympathy for Alice. I think the more they lean into her craziness or the idea that things are out of her control, the more I feel bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Barbara Kean? Running an art gallery? That felt like a Gotham reference. Although this is the first adaption to actually use James Jr. the psychotic Gordon kid, and I'm assuming those medical treatments they used on James Jr. that didn't take were why Jim divorced her. They didn't mention Babs though, but did it look like she had red hair here? We still don't know what happened to Commissioner Gordon.
    We got much more of the Gordons than I was expecting. It'd be great to devote an episode to Barbara and her career.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Show needs more Batwing and he needs his glider wings. Upgrade time.
    It was pretty cool seeing him shoot a batarang.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Plus Young Justice has heavily implied it.

Mighty Member

On some level I understand why they felt a new Batwoman could fight new versions of classic Bat-Villains, even if it does make her even more derivative, although I thought Poison Mary worked quite well...just not as well as the real Poison ivy.
    I would've liked that more if it wasn't obvious that it was temporary. It reminded me of how Caitlin became Killer Frost, but then they didn't have the guts to keep her a villain. At least Poison Mary is less drawn out and doesn't waste as much time.

It would be cool if we had a supporting character in these types of shows that became a villain and actually stayed that way.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I would've liked that more if it wasn't obvious that it was temporary. It reminded me of how Caitlin became Killer Frost, but then they didn't have the guts to keep her a villain. At least Poison Mary is less drawn out and doesn't waste as much time.

It would be cool if we had a supporting character in these types of shows that became a villain and actually stayed that way.
    I get that. I mean, the whole Killer Frost thing got pretty convoluted with it turning into a split-personality, separate character, sidekick deal, but I don't think they could have legitimately kept Mary as a villain on a permanent basis what with it being because of the nature of her transformation and it not being 100% her.

I am curious if we'll ever get Mary as Flamebird though.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I get that. I mean, the whole Killer Frost thing got pretty convoluted with it turning into a split-personality, separate character, sidekick deal, but I don't think they could have legitimately kept Mary as a villain on a permanent basis what with it being because of the nature of her transformation and it not being 100% her.

I am curious if we'll ever get Mary as Flamebird though.
    God Panabaker looked so dumb in those scenes she was 'talking' to Frost in her head
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Mighty Member

It was great to see the Bat-Blimp.

Bluebird

Wonder what all those creators being thanked in the end credits means other than their characters being used?

(With a lack of Scott Snyder, interestingly enough, despite him being a big Bat-writer in the 2010s)
    Last edited by Stars & Stripes; 03-02-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    It was great to see the Bat-Blimp.
    You mean the bat blimp is actually a thing?
    S
    P
    OI
    I
    L
    E
    R.
    I guess I’m going to have to rethink my whole opinion that psychopaths can never change. I really didn’t think the buzzer would actually work. Still a little too neat and tidy though, for my taste.

This season wasn't bad, I guess. Usual CW fare, but the show is going somewhere outside of the Kate Kane stuff.

I guess Alice will be gone for a little next season? Hopefully. I prefer forever, but they aren't going to get rid of Rachel, which has hindered the show post-s1. I'm still not sure if I ever see the rest of the group forgiving her. Kind of hate that Mary has, but that's just who she is.

I want a fallout from Marcus' actions and his answer to it. That and Mary's guilt should be carried over.

Sophie needs her own plotline if they were gonna get her with Ryan I wish they waited until next season. They give very little nuance to her actual story, even in season one it took too long to explore her side of why she didn't come out and her perspective was sorely needed. There's actually still so much they could do with her.

The upcoming CWverse comics mentioned Luke had a girlfriend so...who?

Outside of Sophie and her family, I wonder where they'll go with Ryan's story now that we've essentially covered her plot threads from s2. But it makes her an open-book let's hope the writing doesn't fail her (Lmao...) I don't know if it was just me but she felt like less of the lead towards the second half of this season. Between Poison Mary, Poison Ivy, Alice, Marcus, etc.

Also, we aren't done with Ivy and Renee? Ivy did try to kill people that was a thing I didn't just makeup?

But I'm curious about next season's villain. I'm guessing it's Blight from Batman Beyond. Before we saw the bone I was thinking The Batman Who Laughs and it could still be a thing if they go for a more zombie vibe.

Hopefully, we dig into more interesting foes and some interesting character developments next season.
    Last edited by thefinalguy; 03-02-2022 at 09:55 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

With Jada quoting Lucius's quirks and her helping out Luke so much, was I the only one thinking Lucius is Ryan's dad?

The season was building up to this, but I liked Alice choosing not to go down the easy route.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I guess Alice will be gone for a little next season? Hopefully. I prefer forever, but they aren't going to get rid of Rachel, which has hindered the show post-s1. I'm still not sure if I ever see the rest of the group forgiving her.
    I can understand why you think this, keeping villains lingering too long has been a flaw with the CW shows, but when you have performances of the sort Rachel Skarsten gave this episode, I really can't blame them.

Kind of hate that Mary has, but that's just who she is.
    Yeah, that was the toughest pill to swallow.

The upcoming CWverse comics mentioned Luke had a girlfriend so...who?
    I was getting some Luke/Mary vibes during the episode.

Outside of Sophie and her family, I wonder where they'll go with Ryan's story now that we've essentially covered her plot threads from s2.
    There's still the dad thing.

Also, we aren't done with Ivy and Renee? Ivy did try to kill people that was a thing I didn't just makeup?
    She didn't try, she did kill people, just not as much as she wished. Her punishment is being locked on an island with her ex and Safiya, which frankly might be worse than Arkham and is probably more secure.