Page 230 of 233 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Yeah, sucks that we won't get to see it. I don't remember, were there any theories as to who or what it could be?
    Dr. Phosphorous.
    This occurred to me but I didn't watch the first season. So, I wasn't sure if a reason was given.
    They never gave a clear reason. Luke implied Bruce eventually killed Joker (and we know Jason died in this continuity) but that's about it.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I am sad its canceled. I was enjoying the 3rd season.

While I won't miss the show, the third season was definitely better and I feel Ryan had settled into the role after a rough transition.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While I won't miss the show, the third season was definitely better and I feel Ryan had settled into the role after a rough transition.
    Yeah, and who knows if we'll ever see her again because the only time they played with her in the wider Arrowverse was an AU Flash episode. And who knows if they'll get another opportunity for that again.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I wish HBO would pick it up like Titans and make it a little more adult but I am sad to see it go. I enjoyed the 3rd season a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    I wish HBO would pick it up like Titans and make it a little more adult but I am sad to see it go. I enjoyed the 3rd season a lot.
    HBOMax has enough Bat-Stuff in the wings, I think...

Finally have a definitive answer on the reason:

Sources say Pedowitz wanted to bring back the Greg Berlanti-produced DC Comics dramas Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow but Warners no longer wanted to pay the leases on the studio space, which expired May 1, and prompted April 29 cancellations. Plec’s Legacies was also said to be a financial decision made by the studio.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...re-1235146038/
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

...doesn't matter.

"Batwoman got cancelled cause of low ratings!" "But the link--" "LOW RATINGS!" "But it did better than Riverdale-" "LOW. RATINGS!"

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...doesn't matter.

"Batwoman got cancelled cause of low ratings!" "But the link--" "LOW RATINGS!" "But it did better than Riverdale-" "LOW. RATINGS!"
    But... ratings wasn't even the problem though, Warners didn't want to pay for the soundstages anymore. They literally wanted to bring the show back.

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    But... ratings wasn't even the problem though, Warners didn't want to pay for the soundstages anymore. They literally wanted to bring the show back.
    I think Nate was making fun of the various hate-watchers on YouTube and elsewhere who neither know nor care how TV ratings work.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I think Nate was making fun of the various hate-watchers on YouTube and elsewhere who neither know nor care how TV ratings work.
    Thanks. Kinda thought that was obvious. lol Doesn't matter any evidence you present, they'll handwave it and say "low ratings." I've seen it in action. SMH

Huh, well that's...kind of mundane? Like it wasn't even ratings in the end.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I bet they'd pay the leases on the studio spaces for shows that made money.
    In the end whether ratings were a whole or part of the issue the show deserved to go.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I bet they'd pay the leases on the studio spaces for shows that made money.
    In the end whether ratings were a whole or part of the issue the show deserved to go.
    If they had ratings they were getting some type of money.

The million dollar question is if a studio location was such an issue-how hard is it to find a new one?

Or let those shows film as many episodes as they can before the lease goes out and you would have at least a set of shows in the can for final seasons?

Because here is the million dollar issue they bought on themselves.

Ratings don't matter.

So why should ANYONE bother to watch any CW show next year? They have made it clear they want to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The million dollar question is if a studio location was such an issue-how hard is it to find a new one?

Or let those shows film as many episodes as they can before the lease goes out and you would have at least a set of shows in the can for final seasons?
    In Vancouver, I'd guess that any available ones would be even more expensive. Anything else would already be taken or not be big enough.

The lease ran out on May 1, so no time to film anything.