Page 3 of 233 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Speaking of spoilers, it wouldn't surprise me if Stephanie Brown shows up here at some point.
    That would be cool. So long as its bubbly, positive thinking Stephanie Brown, and not an angsty, angry person that happens to have the same name. It took 3 seasons for me to get used to Oliver on Arrow being Batman-lite.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Didn't Ragman and Batwoman work together in the comic books? If the show is set in Earth-1, then Ragman can make an appearance.
    Ick, the less Ragman the better. I mean I like the actor and all, but he is way OP for anything on these shows. I was glad Arrow dropped him, sucks he will be back for an episode, but rag-less if we are lucky.

I was expecting the worst for this show, a sort of Gotham.2 or the like, but in just one episode of a crossover I've become convinced this'll be great. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Ick, the less Ragman the better. I mean I like the actor and all, but he is way OP for anything on these shows. I was glad Arrow dropped him, sucks he will be back for an episode, but rag-less if we are lucky.
    What drove me crazy about Ragman is that he would through in a Yiddish or Hebrew word on occasion, and on every occasion he would pronounce it wrong.

(Other than that I had no problem with him.)

Sandy Hausler

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I was expecting the worst for this show, a sort of Gotham.2 or the like, but in just one episode of a crossover I've become convinced this'll be great. Can't wait!
    The Arrowverse depiction of Gotham would been good if it was anything like the Gotham TV show. I'm setting my expectations to low if that's the Gotham we get for Kate's show.

Judging by this poll it seems most people, so far, have a positive response to Batwoman's debut.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-recap-1168339
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 12-12-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Yep, that holds to the general consensus I've seen elsewhere.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I'd probably watch a Batwoman show. But I won't be heart broken if she doesn't get her own show.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Watched the three part crossover last night and it really was kind of a letdown. I enjoyed last year's crossover much, MUCH better.

That being said, Kate's small appearance was awesome. The actress captured Kate's personality and swagger perfectly. I loved seeing her drop down on top of the car and using her gadgets. Very cool!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    More anti-hero than straight-up villain. He's only a villain because he's against Batman. And one of his men went rogue.
    so why is he anti-batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so why is he anti-batman?
    He sees Batman's single-man methods as doomed to failure.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    He sees Batman's single-man methods as doomed to failure.
    Well i'm not up on comics Batman these days, but it seems like Batman has not had single-man methods for most of his career. JL, Outsiders, many others. Just saying.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Judging by this poll it seems most people, so far, have a positive response to Batwoman's debut.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-recap-1168339
    That was the best part of the crossover, IMO.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Well i'm not up on comics Batman these days, but it seems like Batman has not had single-man methods for most of his career. JL, Outsiders, many others. Just saying.
    Bad phrasing on my part, then. What Jacob means is not that Batman literally operates solo, but that he and his allies don't function as a military unit would. They are, relatively speaking, disorganized. And because of that, to Jacob it means their efforts are ultimately futile.