Page 30 of 233 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I liked it. Even more curious as to why Kate was there initially, and why she came back.
    She's asking Luke where Bruce is, so she must have wanted Bruce's help to find Sophie, probably through his resources as she probably doesn't know he's Batman at this stage. Or at least my take on this clip without further context.

Then that raises the question of why she went there at first.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Then that raises the question of why she went there at first.
    Well, if she's just gotten back to the city she probably doesn't have a lot of contacts, and I get the impression she doesn't get along with her father so much in this version of the character, and either can't or won't turn to him for help. So, the next logical step is someone else in the family with influence and power (since her step-mother would no doubt be on her father's side.) Wayne Tech after all.

BANNED

What? It's not any worse than any other show.
    You're right that it's no worse that any other CW show. It's considerably below the standards of well acted shows, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    You're right that it's no worse that any other CW show. It's considerably below the standards of well acted shows, though.
    Ha-ha. But no, I mean any other show. I don't know of any recent or upcoming show that has acting that's as awful as you're claiming. The acting here isn't bad, and I don't know how you can honestly say it is.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-24-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Pre-launch Party video - can get a better look at the newer cowl!:
    https://twitter.com/ErieNewsNow/stat...70211732398080

BatwomanPreLaunch.jpg
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-24-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Ehh, tried to add the front-on pic, but it's horribly blurred.

That looks like it could be the same shoot from that early poster that was mostly red and a silhouette.

That looks like it could be the same shoot from that early poster that was mostly red and a silhouette.
    It's way more comics accurate now - nice.

Stills from Episode 2, spoilers (obviously):
    https://batwoman.tv/first-look-at-episode-2-of-batwoman

Gonna guess this is where she'll get her first run-in with fear toxin. Some of those stills have a "Ghost of Christmas ___" vibe about them, like Alice is tricking her somehow with false visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Stills from Episode 2, spoilers (obviously):
    https://batwoman.tv/first-look-at-episode-2-of-batwoman
    Uggh,

I want to like this show. I love the comic character.

Ruby Rose though . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Uggh,

I want to like this show. I love the comic character.

Ruby Rose though . . . . . . . .
    ...did a pretty good job in Elseworlds and looks to be continuing that here?

...did a pretty good job in Elseworlds and looks to be continuing that here?
    Having only watched Ruby Rose in Orange is the New Black and on Arrow, I am wondering where she got the reputation as a bad actor. Perhaps the other roles were just poorly written?
    Can someone cite movies in which she was a bad actor so I can get a better idea of why people are complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Having only watched Ruby Rose in Orange is the New Black and on Arrow, I am wondering where she got the reputation as a bad actor. Perhaps the other roles were just poorly written?
    At a guess, I think it's because her acting is mostly reserved, along with many of her roles (she's even said in recentish interviews that Kate Kane has probably the widest emotional range of any role she's had). Not necessarily anything to do with writing, and not necessarily a better or worse style of acting than any other. But to many, that sort of style comes across as low-energy or lacking charisma, even though it's way closer to how most real people behave.

I think another part is a more general tendency for people to exaggerate; in this case, if an actor isn't Oscar or Emmy quality then, well, they're automatically complete garbage. No nuance.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-27-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerwarning View Post
    uggh,

i want to like this show. I love the comic character.

Ruby rose though . . . . . . . .
    lol lol lol