Page 33 of 233 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How do you not know why Batman exiled himself? That should be in the general outline
    My guess would be they want to keep their options open.

Season 1 would focus mostly on Kate anyway, like season 1 of Supergirl was on Kara, Superman didn't start showing-up and stuff until season 2. Difference being Kara and Clark have their own cities. If Bruce shows up and is physically and mentally fine, Kate has to move to Coryana, or globe-trotting, or wherever they can put her.

Plus, there's been quite a few rumors about Red Death for Flash, not saying that would be Earth 1's Bruce of course, but between those rumors and Conroy being a version of Bruce in COIE - who knows what they'll do, they don't yet.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-05-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    My guess would be they want to keep their options open. Titans seemingly made a decision about Batman in its first season, only to back-flip by season 2, and now the main protagonist kinda looks like a liar.

Season 1 would focus mostly on Kate anyway, like season 1 of Supergirl was on Kara, Superman didn't start showing-up and stuff until season 2. Difference being Kara and Clark have their own cities. If Bruce shows up and is physically and mentally fine, Kate has to move to Coryana, or globe-trotting, or wherever they can put her.
    I think this plot detail needs to get lockdown. When the writers decide to tackle the subject it won't contradict anything that's been established beforehand. We could avoid having a situation like Titans first season.

If J.J. Abrams and co. can get away with not having a clear answer to their mysteries for seasons and seasons, this isn't such a big deal. At least this time, there are actual answers already, they just need to pick one.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I'm no fan JJ Abrams and his mystery boxes can kick rocks.

I think this plot detail needs to get lockdown. When the writers decide to tackle the subject it won't contradict anything that's been established beforehand. We could avoid having a situation like Titans first season.
    Well, a while back they spoilers:
    threw a Batman dummy off a building during shoots.
    end of spoilers They must have decided some things. And there was also some audition lines saying spoilers:
    that Batman was in Kazakhstan.
    end of spoilers

This gives me concerns about the overall creative direction
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/10/05/...batman-gotham/

How do you not know why Batman exiled himself? That should be in the general outline
    I guess it is more important that he did exile himself initially. The why is just a detail. And it isn't even an important detail. Maybe even better if it stays a mystery.

I assume if Maggie Sawyer were to show up it wouldn't be the Earth-38 Maggie Sawyer, they'd have to recast the role. But if the Krypton-38 Alura can be recast, I guess Maggie Sawyer isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I guess it is more important that he did exile himself initially. The why is just a detail. And it isn't even an important detail. Maybe even better if it stays a mystery.

I assume if Maggie Sawyer were to show up it wouldn't be the Earth-38 Maggie Sawyer, they'd have to recast the role. But if the Krypton-38 Alura can be recast, I guess Maggie Sawyer isn't a problem.
    If this show runs long like the other CW shows it's a detail that will need addressing eventually. Batman being gone for an extend period will be wtf.

Mighty Member

Wonder how many of Batman's rogues will Warner Bros allow CW to play with for the show?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Wonder how many of Batman's rogues will Warner Bros allow CW to play with for the show?
    Joker is a definite no. Black Mask is out since he's the villain of the Harley movie. Gotham wrapped so that should free up the other a-listers.

Trailer for ep2 is up:

I'm going to wait for a build-up so I can binge like 3 eps at a time, like I do with the other Arrowverse series, guess I'll mostly be abandoning this thread soon.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-06-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Watched it. Liked it a lot. Typical pilot-y problems, but easily fixable. B-.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Watched it. Liked it a lot. Typical pilot-y problems, but easily fixable. B-.
    Rascally my view, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

In case anyone was wondering, this is how Batwoman looks without the black-eye make-up:
    https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...20809424449536

Oh look, the series is getting review bombed by 'audience', what a surprise:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8712204...?ref_=tt_ov_rt

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8712204...s?ref_=tt_ql_3

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/batwoman/s01
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-07-2019 at 04:55 AM.

I didn't love it. It felt overload with Freudian drama and personal angst. Like Ruby Rose enough. But Alice and her henchmen underwhelmed. Kane takes out four large men only to be bested by a chick in a dress. Because reasons. But that is par for the course, main villains always give the hero more trouble than they have any right to. So I'll stick with it, but it has a short lease.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

If this show runs long like the other CW shows it's a detail that will need addressing eventually. Batman being gone for an extend period will be wtf.
    I was surprised how much Batman they did have on the show even if he was Supergirled. I wonder if WB will actually let him show up in season 2?