Page 4 of 233 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Bad phrasing on my part, then. What Jacob means is not that Batman literally operates solo, but that he and his allies don't function as a military unit would. They are, relatively speaking, disorganized. And because of that, to Jacob it means their efforts are ultimately futile.
    See, this is why you need to have someone like Oracle around .

BANNED

They made Batwoman too militaristic in the comics I really hope this is not a militaristic show.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Katie's military background is what sets her apart from the other batfamily members. I want the show to take full advantage of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Katie's military background is what sets her apart from the other batfamily members. I want the show to take full advantage of it.
    Tec rebirth spoilers:
    Do you think she should have spoilers:
    executed clayface ?
    end of spoilers I don't like how she treats the exploits of her team like a military operation

All-New Member

i hope this is good

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Tec rebirth spoilers:
    Do you think she should have spoilers:
    executed clayface ?
    end of spoilers I don't like how she treats the exploits of her team like a military operation
    spoilers:
    It was more like a mercy killing, since he was reverting back into a giant monster. Plus, the next issue shows she did it with the aim of saving Cass.
    She chose between them and would rather have Cass and and the others hate her than Cass being dead.

Furthermore, since Clayface came back to life a few issues later, I wouldn't put much weight to it. Did she attempt to kill him, everyone thought he was dead, but somehow it didn't work? Or did Clayface just magically return to life via Dr October treating Mudface, and that enabled her to save Clayface somehow? It was not explained. They also never explained if Clayface still has his degenerating-mind problem, or if that was cured when he was 'resurrected'.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    spoilers:
    It was more like a mercy killing, since he was reverting back into a giant monster. Plus, the next issue shows she did it with the aim of saving Cass.
    She chose between them and would rather have Cass and and the others hate her than Cass being dead.

Furthermore, since Clayface came back to life a few issues later, I wouldn't put much weight to it. Did she attempt to kill him, everyone thought he was dead, but somehow it didn't work? Or did Clayface just magically return to life via Dr October treating Mudface, and that enabled her to save Clayface somehow? It was not explained. They also never explained if Clayface still has his degenerating-mind problem, or if that was cured when he was 'resurrected'.
    end of spoilers
    I thought Batwoman was unintentionally creating the future that created future Tim ? That's why I thought she was wrong. I dropped the book because I didn't like that she was a militaristic character

BANNED

Actually nope I read the issue where all the Batfamily were talking about Kate and then Barbara said that Bruce's mom would have wanted to kill people because she was also a Kane. Never read something so ludicrous in a Batman comic before. It would be better if they completely disconnected her from the Batman mythology and had her in her own city doing completely original stuff so then we wouldn't be judging her by the same standards we do Bruce and other Batfamily characters

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Actually nope I read the issue where all the Batfamily were talking about Kate and then Barbara said that Bruce's mom would have wanted to kill people because she was also a Kane. Never read something so ludicrous in a Batman comic before. It would be better if they completely disconnected her from the Batman mythology and had her in her own city doing completely original stuff so then we wouldn't be judging her by the same standards we do Bruce and other Batfamily characters
    I can buy that. The Kanes have always been a military family from the Batwoman stories I read. If Martha grew up a military brat then that doesn't sound far fetched to me.

I thought Batwoman was unintentionally creating the future that created future Tim ? That's why I thought she was wrong. I dropped the book because I didn't like that she was a militaristic character
    spoilers:
    It was revealed to actually be a much much later incident, and subsequent misunderstanding, that sent him over the edge. Batman even had a recorded message explaining Batwoman's actions that was meant to keep that Family from 'retaliating' against her - villains or something deleted the message from what I recall. Tim was the only one who went evil and fought her. Red Hood eventually joined her actually.

Then, when he turns evil (not in the future but in the arc), he tries again to kill Batwoman, and Spoiler finds a recording from the future timeline of what really happened (which his evil future self also didn't know the truth) and he stops being evil and realises killing Batwoman would make him a hypocrite (and the Family wouldn't like him anymore).
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    It was revealed to actually be a much much later incident, and subsequent misunderstanding, that sent him over the edge. Batman even had a recorded message explaining Batwoman's actions that was meant to keep that Family from 'retaliating' against her - villains or something deleted the message from what I recall. Tim was the only one who went evil and fought her. Red Hood eventually joined her actually.

Then, when he turns evil (not in the future but in the arc), he tries again to kill Batwoman, and Spoiler finds a recording from the future timeline of what really happened (which his evil future self also didn't know the truth) and he stops being evil and realises killing Batwoman would make him a hypocrite (and the Family wouldn't like him anymore).
    end of spoilers
    Gotcha. Was honestly a pretty solid series I might collect the hardcovers

Gotcha. Was honestly a pretty solid series I might collect the hardcovers
    I should mention though, some of the story, like the part with Red Hood, was in an issue of the Batwoman series, instead of 'Tec. I mean, what you need is in 'Tec, but an extra bit was in the Batwoman solo. Which was weird, but whatever.

The whole Martha Kane thing and Batman's mommy issues, I think, was phrased awkwardly in the dialogue.

I interpreted it as the gist of it being that when it comes to Batwoman, Batman is less sure of himself, since she's the closest thing he has to a sibling. Since she's not one of his students, and being his cousin the relationship is slightly different to that of a friend, her opinions and choices hold more weight for him that he needs to reflect on it more rather than just dismiss it. Or, in other words, he respects her enough to debate things, and I think bringing Martha into the conversation was another unsubtle way of reminding readers that Batman and Batwoman are related.

On that note, did anyone else find it slightly grating that that 'Tec run had to keep hammering in that they're cousins, in case we didn't get that message the first few times, or from the childhood flashbacks.

-"because we're family"
    -"we're cousins"
    -"my cousin, Bruce, calls me out of the blue"
    -"you really ARE Batman's cousin"

I wonder how often in the tv series they'll want to keep reminding audience - "Hey everybody! Batman and Batwoman are COUSINS!!!"
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 12-28-2018 at 08:47 PM.

On that note, did anyone else find it slightly grating that that 'Tec run had to keep hammering in that they're cousins, in case we didn't get that message the first few times, or from the childhood flashbacks.

-"because we're family"
    -"we're cousins"
    -"my cousin, Bruce, calls me out of the blue"
    -"you really ARE Batman's cousin"

I wonder how often in the tv series they'll want to keep reminding audience - "Hey everybody! Batman and Batwoman are COUSINS!!!"
    Judging by Supergirl. quite often.

It was more about Batman projecting the image of how his mother would have acted on Kate that Barbara was getting at, but it was still kind of ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can buy that. The Kanes have always been a military family from the Batwoman stories I read. If Martha grew up a military brat then that doesn't sound far fetched to me.
    Jacob's family was the military family, the Kane's outside of him were more like the Wayne's in terms of being more socialite/philanthropists.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Judging by Supergirl. quite often.
    I watch the Supergirl but never paid attention to how often they mention the cousin thing - but yeah from what I recall they do it a lot.

Well, in Elseworlds Kate is mentioned to be Bruce's cousin twice, once by her and, then mentioned again by Kara. So that's a count of 2 before the pilot has even been made, and in only about 5 or so minutes of screen time.