Page 49 of 233 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Okay, I really don't like Sophie. She would've come clean with her full romantic history if she were over Kate, but she hasn't and she's not.

Mary on the other hand is growing on me. She's funny and kind of ditzy but still smart.

I know it's only season one and very early, but I am having similar problems with Batwoman as I did with Supergirl. WAY too much mention of the male hero counterpart. Hush is a very personal villain for Batman because he is Bruce's childhood friend and knows about his dual identity. So using him in this episode just means the presence of Bruce is hanging over them. Kate needs her own rogues gallery (we know a handful of Bruce's villains are in Arkham, such as Riddler, so keep them there). Bruce does need to make some kind of appearance at some point. I wonder if Kate will get a moment like Kara did where she managed to beat Superman who thought she was Zod. That seemed to help Kara distance herself from Superman.

Also, I guess Gotham or just Vesper never heard of Batgirl. Did she suggest "Batchick"? That's not very PC. What about Batperson?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I can actually see that. Bruce could assume that if someone got their hands on the suit, they may not know all of what it can do or how to access certain things. So while it would be a risk, it would be a small risk.
    Self destruct command seems more like his style. I remember him doing it with his utility belt at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if they even remember that reference .
    I kind of want to go back and look for all the previous Batman references. The most blatant I remember is Harley Quinn being on the Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what she would write...Catman? A pseudo-Birds of Prey? A nod to Oracle?
    Bring back Huntress! Oh yeah, there's another Batverse character who was on Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Okay, I really don't like Sophie. She would've come clean with her full romantic history if she were over Kate, but she hasn't and she's not.
    ...yes? Why is that cause to dislike her?

WAY too much mention of the male hero counterpart.
    Were they just supposed to not mention him? Bruce and Batman are missing. That's kind of a big deal. And Kate's arc through these first three episodes has been about finding her place given that that's true.

Did she suggest "Batchick"? That's not very PC. What about Batperson?
    Ha ha. :/

Maddow has said that Vesper is pretty much nothing like her, so there's that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    ...yes? Why is that cause to dislike her?
    Because her secrets are hurting two good people who care about her.

Were they just supposed to not mention him? Bruce and Batman are missing. That's kind of a big deal. And Kate's arc through these first three episodes has been about finding her place given that that's true.
    It's early in the series, so that's fine for now. I think it's using Elliot that bugged me because his motivation was taking down Batman. It kind of reminds me of Batman Beyond, where the producers specifically said they wanted to create new villains for Terry and there'd be no legacy villains (and aside from three or four returned villains, they stuck to it).

I wonder exactly how many villains they have access to. Like, Hush is kind of significant but he's not an A-list Batman rogue. They mentioned Riddler, but could they actually use Riddler? Especially with him being in Pattinson's Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Because her secrets are hurting two good people who care about her.
    But she isn't doing so maliciously.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Full season achieved; nine more episodes ordered.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/batwoma...rs-1202769199/

Full season achieved; nine more episodes ordered.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/batwoma...rs-1202769199/
    Glad to hear it .

Nice. Been interesting so far. And was surprised with the Tommy Elliot character. Hush was certainly NOT a direction I was expecting, though it makes sense with the whole "Bruce's past is coming, but he's not around) thing.

Mighty Member

Kate's dad should file divorce papers immediately.

Haven't actually seen the episode yet, wating for it to stream, but I've been following live reactions... and apparently spoilers:
    this episode might also be before Elseworlds? A plot point hinges on the return batarangs not being calibrated correctly, leading to Kate committing collateral damage. But in Elseworlds that wasn't a problem; she used it perfectly. She also has a different belt here. Or rather, the initial belt.
    end of spoilers

Edit: Yep. Caroline Dries just confirmed it does.
    Last edited by Caivu; 10-27-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Haven't actually seen the episode yet, wating for it to stream, but I've been following live reactions... and apparently spoilers:
    this episode might also be before Elseworlds? A plot point hinges on the return batarangs not being calibrated correctly, leading to Kate committing collateral damage. But in Elseworlds that wasn't a problem; she used it perfectly. She also has a different belt here. Or rather, the initial belt.
    end of spoilers

Just watched that scene actually. Like seeing a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar. lol

end of spoilers

Luke did get it to work properly by the end of the episode. That was how Kate saved the little kid.

Again this week's episode improved, if only slightly. The exposition is getting cleaner, which was one of the show's biggest problems in the first three episodes. Now it's at least more hidden. Magpie's plan was kinda neat. Probably the best visuals of the show so far. Catherine got some much-needed focus.

The "growing pain" scenes were kinda eyeroll-worthy, just like last week.
    Last edited by Caivu; 10-27-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Good episode, though I hated the "Can't tell you who I am' drama. One of my pet peeves in superhero stories.

That scene where Kate saved the little girl with a perfect throw and then yanked Magpie down was awesome.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Kate's dad should file divorce papers immediately.
    Yeah, but she's so hot, so...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?