Page 5 of 233 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Not directly related to the show, but the CW Batwoman has shown up in a mobile game:

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    They made Batwoman too militaristic in the comics I really hope this is not a militaristic show.
    Right... because it's not like she was, y'know, in the Army or anything.

Anyway, the show is really, truly official now:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/batwoma...ti-1202528625/
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-03-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I recently found audition tapes for Luke, Alice, and Bette on Vimeo. As with Kate, it remains to be seen if the scenes used will be in the show, but so far the writing is pretty encouraging.

Bette is probably the most accurate to the comics; her first scene was very reminiscent of Elegy, where she keeps trying to hang out with Kate and getting stonewalled. She's also appropriately upbeat and eager to please.

Luke has conflict with Kate, Bette, and the Crows right off the bat (heh), and is appropriately intense and focused, and is convinced Bruce is still alive. Right now, he does not seem to be a comic relief character. Lucius Fox was apparently killed by one of the Crows when his phone was mistaken (or "mistaken"?) for a gun.

Alice is the most changed. She's still comic-book-insane and uses Carroll quotes, but the way she was written here is kinda broad. But she's also not completely wacky, and is capable of being lucid. Her scene is completely unlike anything in Elegy; she has Kate as a hostage, and apparently as a civilian, not Batwoman. Alice's true identity was not treated as a big reveal here. Notably, she uses the phrase "soldiered on" (a recurring quote in the comics), and makes an allusion to the Book of Genesis (a good sign for the Kanes still being Jewish in this version, which has been a point of concern since that hasn't specifically been confirmed yet).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Sounds cool, are the vids hard to find? I did a quick search but got nothing.

This video was just posted on the batwoman subreddit, showing that the actor can fight:

From 2016, charity boxing match.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Sounds cool, are the vids hard to find? I did a quick search but got nothing.
    Try "Landon Batwoman", "Alexa Batwoman", and the most recent entry under "Meredith self tape".

This video was just posted on the batwoman subreddit, showing that the actor can fight:

From 2016, charity boxing match.
    It's from 2012, actually. Apparently she only had three months of training for this; she definitely still looks like a beginner here, but a win's not a bad first outing.

I learned about this after she was cast, and I wonder if that played a role in it. Kate was a boxer at West Point, after all, so it's relevant.
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-06-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Try "Landon Batwoman", "Alexa Batwoman", and the most recent entry under "Meredith self tape".
    Ah, cool. Thanks, I'll try those.

It's from 2012, actually. Apparently she only had three months of training for this; she definitely still looks like a beginner here, but a win's not a bad first outing.

I learned about this after she was cast, and I wonder if that played a role in it. Kate was a boxer at West Point, after all, so it's relevant.
    I know next to nothing about boxing, so I'll take your word for it.
    There's also some footage of her on Instagram doing martial arts training a few months ago. The footage was short and meh though, so I didn't bother posting it.

There's also some footage of her on Instagram doing martial arts training a few months ago. The footage was short and meh though, so I didn't bother posting it.
    Yeah, she became a Shaolin disciple. I don't know if it was specifically for this role, but that's a fairly big commitment.

(Copied from Twitter)

Audition for Sloane out now, on Vimeo. 100% sure now it's Sophie; first scene mentions "Point Rock" and is clearly just after Kate (disguised here as "Jaime") has resigned.

Second scene kinda matches what happened when Sophie reappeared in the comics; she was still interested in Kate, but Kate didn't feel that way for her anymore.

Kate's part in the first scene is mildly concerning. She doesn't seem to realize the gravity of what she did. There's a lack of regret present, which is good, but it's also missing that feeling of "I just gave up my future."

However, Sophie calls attention to this by saying that Kate will be okay because she's still a billionaire, and that this is part of why she herself can't resign. Also, since this happens so soon after the resignation, it's plausible the full realization just hasn't hit Kate yet.

Hey someone found more audition tapes on reddit, including Sophie auditions.

So we're still waiting for Jacob and Catherine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatwomanTV/...in_characters/

Hey someone found more audition tapes on reddit, including Sophie auditions.

So we're still waiting for Jacob and Catherine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatwomanTV/...in_characters/
    Heh, that's me. Those are all the ones I discussed upthread.

According to Discussing Film, the pilot begins filming on March 4 in Vancouver.

I'd wondered if there would be any filming at West Point, and while this doesn't confirm that, it does make it plausible. This schedule would allow for about five days of filming in Vancouver, a day of travel, and then about a week of filming at the Academy during their Spring Break. One of the audition scenes for Sophie Moore confirms it takes place there, so that's another clue.

Cool. Even sooner than expected.

I think by this point it's safe to say Bette and Luke will be in the show.

Judging by what happened with the Flash and Supergirl, I'd say they'll get their own costumes by season 2 or 3, (if the series goes ahead and lasts that long).

Would you prefer that Bette be Flamebird, or Hawkfire?

Attachment 77075

Attachment 77076

Personally, I prefer Flamebird's look and name.

As for Batwing, all I know of him is from 'Tec, so I don't know if his suit has had any redesigns or if Luke has had any other vigilante identities.

Attachment 77077

BANNED

Right... because it's not like she was, y'know, in the Army or anything.

Anyway, the show is really, truly official now:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/batwoma...ti-1202528625/
    I started on pre crisis Batwoman . Pre crisis everything since that's all I had around

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I started on pre crisis Batwoman . Pre crisis everything since that's all I had around
    Well... pre-Crisis Batwoman is a completely different character.