Page 50 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, but she's so hot, so...
    Make up sex alone demands one more chance.

So far, this show is good enough for me to keep watching, but the plot and scripting come across to me as clunky - it just moves into the places where it needs to, overstepping things like characterization and logic in many cases. I'm not going to nitpick because I do enjoy the performances, which carry the show. Rose can be a little wooden at times, but not so much more than Amell. Skarsten's doing a great job as Alice in a role that could easily become too campy. She reminds me of Gotham's Penguin in really walking that tightrope, as oppose to Fish Mooney who was over the line, but that's just me. I hope the show doesn't feel a need to have all their villains be cartoony and live up to Alice - let her be the weird one and don't be afraid to have just plain criminals and hit other notes. So far, going from Tommy Elliot to Magpie feels like an okay balance so far, even if Magpie was a bit tepid.

At some point Kate's also going to have to show Fox some respect - she's dangerously close to treating him like her servant - especially trying to bully him into being her "assistant". It's not like Bruce and Alfred, which was a very deep relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So far, this show is good enough for me to keep watching, but the plot and scripting come across to me as clunky - it just moves into the places where it needs to, overstepping things like characterization and logic in many cases.
    Like what?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

After watching the first three episodes, I just added "Batwoman" to the list of DC TV shows I gave up on, together with "Supergirl", "Black Lightning" and "Titans".
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Like what?
    As I said, I really don't feel like nitpicking or getting into a debate about the small stuff. There's a lot of comic-book logic and it's all subjective how much anyone is willing to suspend disbelief, let's just say that.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Good lord that exploding pearls scene was like Warehouse 13 CG bad. (if ya ever watched the show you will understand. I loved it, but it had terrible CG) and it was just corny in its execution. Other than that, it was an OK ep. Nothing that really stood out or groundbreaking. I hoped Regan would last longer, but we know they are going with the eventual triangle angle so, it is what it is.

Glad Catherine's secret came out instead of being drawn out over the whole first season. I think the CW writers of a few years ago would have opted for that move.

Magpie was weak AF to me and had a terrible 'costume' hoping for better looking villains in the episodes to come.

Also glad Kate is getting herself a job rather than hanging around doing nothing.

I am wonder what the over under is on Mary finding out she is Batwoman.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Make up sex alone demands one more chance.
    But of course!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I’m wondering if Reagan could be magpie....
    I kind of wish that Luke didn’t ramble so much. I can’t understand have of what he says anyway.
    Last edited by protege; 10-28-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m wondering if Reagan could be magpie....
    I kind of wish that Luke didn’t ramble so much. I can’t understand have of what he says anyway.
    How could that happen? Magpie was the photographer (she was right though, I totally didn't notice her in the previous scene) - she was being arrested outside the event right before Reagan's scene with Kate. I'm game if you have a theory...

How could that happen? Magpie was the photographer (she was right though, I totally didn't notice her in the previous scene) - she was being arrested outside the event right before Reagan's scene with Kate. I'm game if you have a theory...
    I still haven’t finished the episode- it was just a thought.🤷🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I still haven’t finished the episode- it was just a thought.����*♂️
    Oops - sorry for the spoiler ... nevermind!

Oops - sorry for the spoiler ... nevermind!
    I just thought that since she was down on the 2 percent like magpie was, it was an interesting assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    After watching the first three episodes, I just added "Batwoman" to the list of DC TV shows I gave up on, together with "Supergirl", "Black Lightning" and "Titans".
    Yeah, I have added Batwoman to my list of shows I will watch every week. It may not be the greatest show on TV but it is entertaining enough for me.
    So now it is Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, Black Lightning, and Batwoman for me of the superhero shows. Wonder when LoT is coming back. I guess after Arrow ends.

Extraordinary Member

This episode wasn't bad some decent fights, story flow and reveals. They finally got Ruby some clothes that fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yeah, I have added Batwoman to my list of shows I will watch every week. It may not be the greatest show on TV but it is entertaining enough for me.
    So now it is Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, Black Lightning, and Batwoman for me of the superhero shows. Wonder when LoT is coming back. I guess after Arrow ends.
    LoT isn't supposed to come back until January, if I remember right.