Page 51 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yeah, I have added Batwoman to my list of shows I will watch every week. It may not be the greatest show on TV but it is entertaining enough for me.
    So now it is Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, Black Lightning, and Batwoman for me of the superhero shows. Wonder when LoT is coming back. I guess after Arrow ends.
    LOT comes back in January to close out the crossover.

I guess establishing that your main character is terrible at lying/super honest is the sensible way of justifying the typical propensity for characters learning their secret identity in these shows.

So who has Bruce kept in his secret prison? Because it's not an Arrowverse hero without a secret prison or holding facility. Or a voice modulator .

"The most dangerous thief in Gotham" shots fired at Catwoman .

I appreciate their attempt at adapting Magpie's modern look without necessarily going as skimpy with it and I thought she was a decent villain-of-the-week. A part of me was expecting her to be Regan too, but that probably would have ended up making her more of a Catwoman knockoff, plus having her be someone so unassuming was in-line with Beware the Batman (minus the split-personality).

Has Bruce had to have Luke jabber in his ear like this? Although I guess that might've been Alfred's old job. I guess he and Lucius along with Bruce were the "Team Batman" to Kate and Luke's burgeoning "Team Batwoman."

That's one way to justify giving your heroine who her own modified Batarangs, albeit after probably the most comical mishap with a Batarang ever. Kind of reminds me of how some versions of Batgirl had her own yellow Batarangs. Are Robin's "birdarangs" modified to compensate for his youth?

So Alice didn't care about her boyfriend, she just wanted him back because he knows what she's really after.

I see Kate is taking one from the Team Arrow/early Flash playbook of carrying her suit in a duffel bag.

Sophie has mastered the "I'm totally okay with this in that I am not actually okay with this" look.

Batwoman just knocking Magpie down with a grappling hook felt a tad anti-climactic, but also kind of satisfying to see her smug face splashing down in the water while surrounded by Crows .

So Hush goes to Arkham while Magpie goes to Blackgate, but I guess this version isn't as crazy as she is in other depictions. She also went to Blackgate in Beware the Batman but they were deliberately trying to stay away from Arkham on that show.

I think that's the first time I've seen a stepmom fake a body to try and make her family accept their loss, but somehow I think this goes deeper then that.

Real estate manager is kind of plain and boring compared to a billionaire, playboy, philanthropist but this version of Kate is probably too casual as a socialite to pull it off like comic Kate. I guess it gives her something to do other then squat in Wayne Tower and be Batwoman 24/7.

Now that is some good superhero drama and action! Solid episode. I like how Kate is still struggling with her Batwoman identity (still learning the tricks of the trade) and in finding out who she wants to be as a person. All while hunting down a costumed villain with 3D printing explosives and failing at having a romantic life.

Hmm, so Martha Wayne is recognized as a pillar of the community, and one separate from Thomas. I hope we hear more about what she did for Gotham, even if them parading her pearls around like that was a little...macabre.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Bruce had to have Luke jabber in his ear like this? Although I guess that might've been Alfred's old job. I guess he and Lucius along with Bruce were the "Team Batman" to Kate and Luke's burgeoning "Team Batwoman."
    I can't picture anyone batsplaining to Batman himself. If anything, Bruce was batsplaining to Alfred, the Foxes, and the Robins. Luke was probably the junior partner in Team Batman, so he is happy to be the one to batsplain to Kate as part of Team Batwoman. Also it's fun to say "batsplain".

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Haven't actually seen the episode yet, wating for it to stream, but I've been following live reactions... and apparently spoilers:
    this episode might also be before Elseworlds? A plot point hinges on the return batarangs not being calibrated correctly, leading to Kate committing collateral damage. But in Elseworlds that wasn't a problem; she used it perfectly. She also has a different belt here. Or rather, the initial belt.
    end of spoilers

Edit: Yep. Caroline Dries just confirmed it does.
    I assumed the early episodes of Batwoman happen before Elseworlds. In Elseworlds, she already has the Batwoman gig and seems to know way around, so it would have to come after after the first couple episodes at least.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Make up sex alone demands one more chance.
    Plus she's rich!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    After watching the first three episodes, I just added "Batwoman" to the list of DC TV shows I gave up on, together with "Supergirl", "Black Lightning" and "Titans".
    And Flash isn't on that list? Weird.
    Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    LoT isn't supposed to come back until January, if I remember right.
    I had thought that Batwoman wasn't supposed to start until after the Crisis (which wouldn't have made sense because of Elseworlds, but hey).
    Sandy Hausler

Just for the record, I have always liked Magpie in the comics (she only appeared a couple of times), and I was glad to see her on the show. I hope we see her again, since they didn't kill her.
    Sandy Hausler

The show just isn't grabbing me. Alice's over the top villaining is just another bad guy who is always one step ahead because....reasons. Stepmom goes from cunning mastermind to simpering victim because Alice is so scary? I am bored most of the time watching. And yes, pearl necklace bomb FX was laughable. Maybe i am just burned out by the CW, but I am not looking forward to this show as I am others.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

While I enjoy Alice, I sincerely hope she won't be the Big Bad of the entire Season. She isn't interesting enough to carry a whole Season. Her arc should be over with the mid-season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The show just isn't grabbing me. Alice's over the top villaining is just another bad guy who is always one step ahead because....reasons. Stepmom goes from cunning mastermind to simpering victim because Alice is so scary? I am bored most of the time watching. And yes, pearl necklace bomb FX was laughable. Maybe i am just burned out by the CW, but I am not looking forward to this show as I am others.
    I honestly think we all need to give the FX a pass this year, or at least for the first part of this year. The FX on the Flash have been just as bad. I think it's obvious that they are putting all of their money into the crossover, and the rest of the episodes are suffering as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I honestly think we all need to give the FX a pass this year, or at least for the first part of this year. The FX on the Flash have been just as bad. I think it's obvious that they are putting all of their money into the crossover, and the rest of the episodes are suffering as a result.
    The FX was a minor thing. The show itself doesn't grab me. I like Ruby well enough, but the show feels weak to me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    While I enjoy Alice, I sincerely hope she won't be the Big Bad of the entire Season. She isn't interesting enough to carry a whole Season. Her arc should be over with the mid-season finale.
    I would actually say it should be over before then.
    Think about it, she is the Batwoman Debut enemy and Batwoman once established has met Ollie and Barry some time before crisis in elseworlds. As such by the time of crisis itself it should be well untruly over.

Given that we are only 6 episodes away from crisis it doesnt look like they'll finish her arc in a timely enough manner though

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I assumed the early episodes of Batwoman happen before Elseworlds. In Elseworlds, she already has the Batwoman gig and seems to know way around, so it would have to come after after the first couple episodes at least.
    Added to which in Elseworlds she was already wearing the costume with the insignia and red wig which she's only been doing for 2 eps. There's no doubt the early episodes predate elseworlds

Binged through the first 4 eps. Thoroughly enjoying it so far- it's been getting better with each ep. I like that she's had some stuff-ups.

I wonder though, spoilers:
    about the search for Beth drama and what it reveals. In ep 1 Kate says to Mary that their parents have been married for 10 years, and in ep 4 Catherine tells Jacob she did what she did because Kate wasn't eating or going to school. The event happened 15 years ago. And it's also stated (I think it was by Sophie) that Kate trained for 5 years to become a Crow. So Kate was 17 when Jacob and Catherine got married. Then, since Kate's behaviour, as stated by Catherine was, was having a trickle down effect on Jacob - no way he met her and they were dating in the same year (or following year) that Gabi and Beth 'died'. So, Jacob had to have been cheating on his wife and seeing Catherine before the accident occurred.
    end of spoilers

I think I'll do a rewatch, because I was in hurry to view it while I had time, consequently some things have blurred.

• Alice is great though, different to the comics, but I like this version better so far.
    • I'm not sold on Mary yet. She's a bit annoying so far IMHO. I think this will change when she figure's out who Batwoman is.
    • Kate is good, not great, bit more emotionally immature than I'm used to, but she's growing on me.
    • Jacob is fine.
    • Catherine is far more interesting than her comics counterpart.
    • Sophie is okay, I'm neither impressed or unimpressed, I'd prefer Renee - but it's very early days yet. And I'm biased because I love Renee in the comics.