Page 53 of 233 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    She chose not to because the guy that was holding her hostage threatened to kill them if she did.

But, yes to the twin telepathy.
    Still, it’s a little odd to blame your dad for not saving you, when you made the choice not to be saved.
    Last edited by protege; 11-04-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Still, it’s a little odd to blame tour dad for not saving you, when you made the choice not to be saved.
    It would have been so easy for Cartwright to spin that entire situation as "Your family doesn't want you." And that's without having what's essentially a new personality on top of that. It's not exactly Stockholm syndrome, but it's close.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Since Catherine has been focused on Alice so far, and in the interviews leading up to the show it was mentioned that she'll see Batwoman as "bad for business", I wonder how long until she turns her full attention to Batwoman instead.

This episode was just great from start to finish.

I wonder if Luke and Mary will become a thing?

Hey! The white eyes! No wonder Batman never needed goggles .

That scene of Batwoman taking everybody out and nabbing Alice did feel a little too easy. Is it to soon to say that Alice is 10 steps ahead of Kate?

"Aren't you the great detective?" I kind of doubt Kate did much detective training even if she's related to the World's Greatest Detective.

I wonder how soon Jacob will learn Kate is Batwoman. I don't know if she had a good excuse ready for explaining how she had a hold of Alice or thought it through beyond giving Alice incentive to talk. Although from the preview it looks like he's going to be a typical "police chief who distrusts vigilante's" which is ironic when in the comics he helped Kate turn herself into Batwoman.

Even if what Catherine did was repugnant from a moral standpoint, the doctor in Mary must be seething at the obvious medical fraud that got perpetrated by her own family. Although drinking her sorrows over her parents corruption reminded me a lot of Thea Queen, although Mary is still a little more together then Thea was in Arrow season 1.

Mary meeting Luke is either going to lead to a romance or Luke making her own Flamebird suit. Though I don't think Luke is in a rush to see her again .

Is that Wayne Tower guard the same one who picked up the Arrowverse Trinity from jail in Elseworlds? At least it's nice to see Wayne Tower look a little more lively even if it doesn't seem like they're doing much there yet.

I think compared to Arkham officials covering up a breakout, it is just as equally likely that no one reads up on Arkham breakouts because they happen so often...

I wonder if the Cartwrights will turn out to be comic characters. Mouse's mimicry ability and scarred face made me think there's a little Clayface in there. Did Basil Karlo have a cell in Elseworlds? I forget.

Never drink when a Supervillain practically offers it to you.

Dogson wasn't just a scumbag who joined Alice's Gang for the kicks and romance, he felt disillusioned with The Crows over their prioritizing defending the rich over Gotham in general. Which admittedly seems pretty accurate from what we've seen. I mean, who do general citizens even have? The GCPD?

So I guess when you get down to it, it's the GCPD's fault for not being more thorough in their search and leaving the Kane family to search on their own and get bamboozled. But they were this close. Twin telepathy just didn't come through .

I guess the real origin of Alice is thinking her family abandoned her and seeing an Alice in Wonderland book at such a turning point in her life, if not on the verge of a mental breakdown. Although I have to wonder if that was actually the first time she'd read Alice in Wonderland...

I wonder if Alice left that nail in the wall deliberately so Kate would have to get out the same way she did.

It's nice to see Jacob finally acknowledge Alice is Beth even if she's too far gone for it to really matter. But it also seems like things have gone way past this just being revenge on her family for seemingly abandoning her, even if that's still something Alice feels sore about. I'm guessing the plan is to raze Gotham judging by what Mouse said at the end.

Lot of crazy family dynamics on this show. Kate is after her long lost biological twin sister who's also a homicidal maniac, Mary wants to be a proper sister to Kate but also realizes that Alice/Beth is technically her sister too, meanwhile Alice has found a foster brother in the boy she was kidnapped to be friends with. Wanna bet they teamed up to kill papa Cartwright?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the Cartwrights will turn out to be comic characters. Mouse's mimicry ability and scarred face made me think there's a little Clayface in there. Did Basil Karlo have a cell in Elseworlds? I forget.
    He did, but Mouse's abilities are much closer to Jane Doe, who was adapted on Gotham as Jane Cartwright. So this is likely a genderswapped version of her.

Dogson wasn't just a scumbag who joined Alice's Gang for the kicks and romance, he felt disillusioned with The Crows over their prioritizing defending the rich over Gotham in general. Which admittedly seems pretty accurate from what we've seen. I mean, who do general citizens even have? The GCPD?
    This is puzzling to me, because the show doesn't actually have this "Crows only protect the rich" thing going on. That's been basically nowhere. They augment the GCPD, which we see during the park movie scene; that's a public event, and those people aren't rich. But the Crows also offer individual security services. Regular Gotham citizens seem fine with the Crows; one citizen, for example, can be heard wanting them at the scene of the fake body in episode 3.
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-04-2019 at 11:43 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    He did, but Mouse's abilities are much closer to Jane Doe, who was adapted on Gotham as Jane Cartwright. So this is likely a genderswapped version of her.

This is puzzling to me, because the show doesn't actually have this "Crows only protect the rich" thing going on. That's been basically nowhere. They augment the GCPD, which we see during the park movie scene; that's a public event, and those people aren't rich. But the Crows also offer individual security services. Regular Gotham citizens seem fine with the Crows; one citizen, for example, can be heard wanting them at the scene of the fake body in episode 3.
    At this point I feel like the so-called class inequality in Gotham that the Crows are perpetuating is more of a smokescreen for Alice to make her vendetta against Jacob and Kate seem less petty.

So, this mouse person just happens to have super-mimickry? Okay ... For a second though, it made me wonder if Alice was actually Mouse all along with perhaps some version of DID and a skin mask. (he did have years to perfect the process - a lot longer than Aya Stark had)

So, a kind of male version of Jane Doe, but with a sympathetic childhood. He doesn't wear the full skinsuits of people (thankfully), but still pretty creepy.

I do wonder though; how much of Gotham's lore is actually being used? I noticed no mention of Leslie Thompkins, other than the password, no Alfred, Robin was mentioned but not if Bruce had any wards (thereby extended family of Kate's), etc. Of course, if worlds are merged after COIE, its possible that more of it is implemented.

Nothing against Mary, I actually like her character, but I do wonder if Bette Kane will be a thing in Batwoman, considering Flamebird is basically Batwoman's Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Weird that such a female-oriented show would gender-flip a female villain, but it makes sense to be a variant of Jane Doe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, a kind of male version of Jane Doe, but with a sympathetic childhood. He doesn't wear the full skinsuits of people (thankfully), but still pretty creepy.

I do wonder though; how much of Gotham's lore is actually being used? I noticed no mention of Leslie Thompkins, other than the password, no Alfred, Robin was mentioned but not if Bruce had any wards (thereby extended family of Kate's), etc. Of course, if worlds are merged after COIE, its possible that more of it is implemented.

Nothing against Mary, I actually like her character, but I do wonder if Bette Kane will be a thing in Batwoman, considering Flamebird is basically Batwoman's Robin.
    I wonder if they might just make Mary Batgirl to Kate's Batwoman instead of Flamebird. It wouldn't exactly be inaccurate to the comics.

Flamebird can be her Nightwing equivalent.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Weird that such a female-oriented show would gender-flip a female villain, but it makes sense to be a variant of Jane Doe.

I wonder if they might just make Mary Batgirl to Kate's Batwoman instead of Flamebird. It wouldn't exactly be inaccurate to the comics.

Flamebird can be her Nightwing equivalent.
    God no, I barely see Mary as a capable doctor without her making that kinda leap.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    God no, I barely see Mary as a capable doctor without her making that kinda leap.
    Did someone say off-screen training ?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Better yet.....

Maybe Wildcat can make it over to Gotham and give her the Laurel Lance patented "Superhero in ten days" training program.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe Wildcat can make it over to Gotham and give her the Laurel Lance training program.
    I'd love a Post-Crisis rebooted Wildcat .