Page 54 of 233 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

New article, discussing latest episode (could only read the non-spoiler part myself):
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/11/d...omans-villain/

What a weird article. The author seems to be under the impression that the show has been fairly goofy up until this point, isn't really true at all. Episode 5 was definitely the darkest it's been so far, but the show hasn't exactly been light before now.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    What a weird article. The author seems to be under the impression that the show has been fairly goofy up until this point, isn't really true at all. Episode 5 was definitely the darkest it's been so far, but the show hasn't exactly been light before now.
    I have no idea, haven't seen episode 5 yet, so I didn't read the spoilers. Just saw the article was a review so thought I'd post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I do wonder though; how much of Gotham's lore is actually being used? I noticed no mention of Leslie Thompkins, other than the password, no Alfred, Robin was mentioned but not if Bruce had any wards (thereby extended family of Kate's), etc. Of course, if worlds are merged after COIE, its possible that more of it is implemented.
    It's likely that they are holding off on bringing in bigger characters (Robin, Leslie, even Alfred) for now to allow Kate to establish herself. Much like they held off having a fully-realized Superman on Supergirl (not counting the texts and the occasional CGI rendering).

One of the biggest parts of Batman's lore that seems like it should be addressed is Commissioner Gordon. If they just said that he resigned or was forced out prior to the city letting the Crows take over, It'd be enough for me and makes sense. I'm sure with a lot of these things, they're letting them remain unaddressed until they have a story that merits its inclusion and fits the story.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's likely that they are holding off on bringing in bigger characters (Robin, Leslie, even Alfred) for now to allow Kate to establish herself. Much like they held off having a fully-realized Superman on Supergirl (not counting the texts and the occasional CGI rendering).
    I also wonder how many characters they have access to what with the Reeves/Pattinson movie being in production.

I felt so bad for Alice. And I knew she was going to stab or otherwise attack Jacob, but I still wanted them to hug anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Nothing against Mary, I actually like her character, but I do wonder if Bette Kane will be a thing in Batwoman, considering Flamebird is basically Batwoman's Robin.
    In the CW tradition, Team Batwoman will be slowly built up, and Mary and Luke will surely get costumed identities in time. What Mary's identity will be is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    One of the biggest parts of Batman's lore that seems like it should be addressed is Commissioner Gordon. If they just said that he resigned or was forced out prior to the city letting the Crows take over, It'd be enough for me and makes sense. I'm sure with a lot of these things, they're letting them remain unaddressed until they have a story that merits its inclusion and fits the story.
    I think it'd be great if they took a page from Batman Beyond's book and had Barbara Gordon decide the best way to fight crime in Gotham is to ditch the Batgirl costume and become the new Commissioner Gordon in honor of her late father.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

The Explosions and Fire effects on BATWOMAN are terrible looking, Laughable. it takes me out of whatever scene I am watching.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    In the CW tradition, Team Batwoman will be slowly built up, and Mary and Luke will surely get costumed identities in time. What Mary's identity will be is a mystery.
    Luke Fox becomes Batwing in the comic books so I think people would be disappointed if he didn't eventually suit up.

Starting to actually like this show. Alice is shaping up to be one of the better CW villains in a long time.

Mighty Member

Joker mention!!!!!!

Mayor Cobblepot mention!

I really can't stand Sophie. Can she die soon?

Jeez, poor Lucius Fox. He was Batman's tech guy and generally helps run Wayne Enterprises, but he gets killed off in a dime-a-dozen store robbery .

Gotta get more on-the-ball Kate. It's never a good sign when you find out about the Bat-Signal secondhand. Although I wonder if she would get along with Commissioner Forbes better then she does Jacob...

"Jack Napier AKA The Joker?" Are they going with that as Joker's real name or was it just an alias that the media bought into? I'm kind of surprised they didn't use "Arthur Fleck."

Handcuffing love interests and ex-girlfriends? Kate is truly following in Bruce's footsteps.

"Mayor Cobblepot?" I wonder what dark period in Gotham's history that was from. And of course Penguin brings back firing squads .

So Batman's suit is generally used as a high barometer for durability? I guess Bruce does make some stern stuff.

Batwoman is as against selfie's as Black Lightning.

The Executioner was surprisingly more sympathetic then I was expecting, as brutal as his methods were. But discovering the possibility that you had condemned so many innocent men to death would drive anyone mad. I wonder if the law enforcement officials just got tired of unsolved cases to where they would take the easy way out, but it also seemed racially driven, which makes it even worse .

I wonder if this means the guy they nailed for Lucius' murder wasn't the actual culprit? Will this lead to Luke becoming Batwing to find the real killer?

It's interesting that Alice generally tries to downplay that she's still Beth, but still acknowledges that Kate is her sister. Blood runs deep, one would say.

I thought Kate was using her previous distaste of Batman to cover her double identity, but I guess it served a purpose to be pro-Batman here.

"Social Justice Warrior." Jacob, don't go there...

I think Kate might need some more fight training. The Executioner had her dead to rights to where she needed to be saved by her dad, who she surprisingly seemed even with when they shortly tussled.

I'm starting to think Mary has a better relationship with Batwoman then she does with Kate, or at least has had longer conversations with Kate's masked identity then she has with her actual step-sister.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this means the guy they nailed for Lucius' murder wasn't the actual culprit? Will this lead to Luke becoming Batwing to find the real killer?
    I'm kind of hoping so. I could see some drama come about as the guy gets off, because of the tainted conviction, and Luke gets some bat-gear and prepares to go all vigilante justice on him, only for Kate to have to fight to stop him and save the ex-con. Evidence turning up that he is in fact innocent, and Kate busting the real killer, after all this time, could then patch up their relationship after the drama and angst has been appropriately run into the ground.

I think Kate might need some more fight training. The Executioner had her dead to rights to where she needed to be saved by her dad, who she surprisingly seemed even with when they shortly tussled.
    They didn't really telegraph it much, but I got the impression that being hit with the truck, earlier in the ep, might have cracked some ribs or something, and made her more sensitive to getting punched in the gut by the Executioner. Whether or not that was the case, the fight-scenes could definitely use some work. Even if only the cheap stunt of having fights happen in poorly lit areas, so we can't see so clearly how bad they are.