Page 63 of 233 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Now that we know Kate has a past with Julia, maybe we'll get some Julia based flashback of her time training/babysitting Kate. And what is going on with Alfred, Julia just states not wanting to talk about her father, but not in any sad way - so I assume unlike Lucius he is probably alive and well...somewhere (oh, right, being in his own TV series).
    Which would be kind of ironic given Alfred was probably much older then Lucius .

(Then again his daughter is young enough so...)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which would be kind of ironic given Alfred was probably much older then Lucius .

(Then again his daughter is young enough so...)

Lets face it- Alred's a player. He probably cruises around after dropping off Bruce and picks up ladies all of the time

Now that we know Kate has a past with Julia, maybe we'll get some Julia based flashback of her time training/babysitting Kate. And what is going on with Alfred, Julia just states not wanting to talk about her father, but not in any sad way - so I assume unlike Lucius he is probably alive and well...somewhere (oh, right, being in his own TV series).
    Alfred is much younger on his TV series. Kate and Julia might not have even been born yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Alfred is much younger on his TV series. Kate and Julia might not have even been born yet.
    Yeah I know, it's a prequel way before Bruce is even conceived, no way that Kate and Julia are conceived since they are both younger than Bruce - I was kidding about the reason for Alfred's absence.

Sister-drama. Kate getting practice at being a bat-jerk.
    And we know the Jacob attending won't really be Jacob.

Anyone else wondering how long the Crows will last?
    Do you think they'll be around permanently like the DEO for Supergirl, or do you think they'll get wiped-out by some super-villains? I'm wondering because there's been mention in some interviews of a GCPD commissioner making an appearance later in the season, and in one of the recent episodes the GCPD lit the bat-signal. Also, in the comics the Crows/Colony are never around for too long.

I think Alice will basically wipe them out as a group (doesn't mean they'll all die, just the group will disband, and probably a few deaths).
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 11-29-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Yeah I know, it's a prequel way before Bruce is even conceived, no way that Kate and Julia are conceived since they are both younger than Bruce - I was kidding about the reason for Alfred's absence.

Sister-drama. Kate getting practice at being a bat-jerk.
    And we know the Jacob attending won't really be Jacob.

Anyone else wondering how long the Crows will last?
    Do you think they'll be around permanently like the DEO for Supergirl, or do you think they'll get wiped-out by some super-villains? I'm wondering because there's been mention in some interviews of a GCPD commissioner making an appearance later in the season, and in one of the recent episodes the GCPD lit the bat-signal. Also, in the comics the Crows/Colony are never around for too long.

I think Alice will basically wipe them out as a group (doesn't mean they'll all die, just the group will disband, and probably a few deaths).
    Well, The Crows give something for Jacob and Sophie (and Tyler) to do.

I am curious how much the show will go into the GCPD, since they seem more pro-Batwoman.

Well, The Crows give something for Jacob and Sophie (and Tyler) to do.
    Fairly sure Tyler's role is to get killed-off so we know the stakes are high, but not so high that we lose a main character.

But yeah okay, the Crow headquarters set is nice, better than the DEO one IMO. Got to make use of it. I still hope to see some kind of shake-up, at some point, though.

Thoughts on the Safiya name drop? I didn't really care for the Bennet run that introduced Safiya, but since they aren't going the supernatural route of the J.H Williams III run (plus, Supergirl has the DEO) it seems they probably don't have a lot of other options.

Huh, just occurred to me, the Supergirl show took both the DEO and Maggie. Plus, I always felt in the early seasons Alex was kinda like a Batwoman-Lite in some ways. Well, Arrow took a number of Batman stories and characters, and Supergirl took Superman characters and stories. Maybe for Batwoman they can take some Green Arrow stories, and if there's anything suitable from the Supergirl comics.

I am curious how much the show will go into the GCPD, since they seem more pro-Batwoman.
    I want to see Renee. I know they aren't allowed to use her at this stage though, due to the Birds of Prey film.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 11-30-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Fairly sure Tyler's role is to get killed-off so we know the stakes are high, but not so high that we lose a main character.
    He's basically Tommy Merlyn/Eddie Thawne, the "rival" to the lead's main love interest who will inevitably get killed in the season finale.
    Thoughts on the Safiya name drop? I didn't really care for the Bennet run that introduced Safiya, but since they aren't going the supernatural route of the J.H Williams III run (plus, Supergirl has the DEO) it seems they probably don't have a lot of other options.
    I wonder if they'll adapt her relationship with Kate.
    I want to see Renee. I know they aren't allowed to use her at this stage though, due to the Birds of Prey film.
    Agreed. I wish Sophie was more like Renee...

Don't worry. That movie will bomb, and then they can use her in Season 2.

As for Maggie, they could always recast. But for some damn reason these shows hate doing that.

Ultimate Member

I'm ready for the bait-and-switch where Sophie is the one to die tragically, and Tyler ends up becoming second-in-command at Crows HW and gung-ho against Batwoman (blaming her for Sophie's death), but paradoxically becomes kinda/sorta friends with Kate (not knowing they are the same person).

'Cause that would be funny, a man/woman lead relationship that has zero 'will they or won't they' garbage, and I don't much care for Sophie anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm ready for the bait-and-switch where Sophie is the one to die tragically, and Tyler ends up becoming second-in-command at Crows HW and gung-ho against Batwoman (blaming her for Sophie's death), but paradoxically becomes kinda/sorta friends with Kate (not knowing they are the same person).

'Cause that would be funny, a man/woman lead relationship that has zero 'will they or won't they' garbage, and I don't much care for Sophie anyway.
    I could go for that. And I agree on the Sophie part as well. It sure would put Kate in that weird position and all. Probably good for a few laughs as well down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Don't worry. That movie will bomb, and then they can use her in Season 2.

As for Maggie, they could always recast. But for some damn reason these shows hate doing that.
    Crisis could give them an out for recasting.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think they don't like to do it for fear of people becoming confused. But then again, they have multiple Harrison Wells, and Flashes, and Supermen...so maybe it's not so much of a concern these days.

I think they don't like to do it for fear of people becoming confused. But then again, they have multiple Harrison Wells, and Flashes, and Supermen...so maybe it's not so much of a concern these days.
    If that was the case, they wouldn't have recast Erica Durance as Alura. I wonder if part of it is that they genuinely hope that, by keeping the role open, they can entice the actor/actress to come back, if only for a guest-spot.

Mighty Member

Nice Crisis tie in at the end.

That's how you do a midseason finale. Up the stakes and set up the next half of the season.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)