Page 64 of 233 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Sophie and Tyler- "I know that someone was impersonating the commander and is probably doing something terrible at moment, but lets take a few minutes to talk about our relationship first.

I wonder if the cure Alice found was actually the herbs from Lian Yu.

Maybe during the crossover, Sara can give Kate one of her staffs that break down.

I do feel sorry for Catherine, but I have to say- her death did not hit me as hard as Moira's death did on Arrow. I feel really sorry for Mary.

Jesus Christ, Sophie and Tyler. The Commander has just been arrested for the murder of his wife, but please- let's take some more time to talk about our relationship. At least Tyler took himself out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Sophie and Tyler- "I know that someone was impersonating the commander and is probably doing something terrible at moment, but lets take a few minutes to talk about our relationship first.
    I mean... Tyler's already been established as being a little thick.

I wonder if the cure Alice found was actually the herbs from Lian Yu.
    Maybe, but she said it's from Coryana.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Maybe, but she said it's from Coryana.
    I kind of took that as Alice slipping into Wonderland speach.

As for Maggie, they could always recast. But for some damn reason these shows hate doing that.
    Would it really be an issue though? It would be Earth-1's Maggie. Supergirl's was Earth-38 Maggie.

I kind of took that as Alice slipping into Wonderland speach.
    Safiyah's been mentioned a few times, too. The Rifle is also a character from the Rebirth run. They're definitely bringing that in.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Does anyone else think they should have filmed outdoor scenes in Newark rather than Chicago? Since, in the current continuity, Gotham is a city in New Jersey, and all.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Safiyah's been mentioned a few times, too. The Rifle is also a character from the Rebirth run. They're definitely bringing that in.
    I come from no previous knowledge of Batwoman's comic book run. I tried out a few issues (not sure of the run as I didn't pay attention to the pub date) and it did not hook me at all, so my Batwoman experience is only coming from the show and Bad Blood.

Did the rifle suck as much in the comics?

And I know some people are down on the relationship tlak (well at the time it was discussed anyway) but I didn't see too much of an issue. They took a few minutes out, not knowing when theyd have a chance, to talk about things that could otherwise throw them off their game if its lingering in their minds (at least that is how i justify it).

Mary with some spunk at the end. Dig it and kudos for her for calling out Kate on her BS for being so hell bent on rehabbing serial murderer Alice at the cost of alienating. I am almost...ALMOST wishing we had another ep before Crisis just to have some more fallout with Mary and Kate.

The end scene though with the Kanes declaring that all bets are off on Alice then holding hands, I am sure it was meant to be an emotional moment with Kate and her dad united in something finally, but it came off cheesy as hell in its visual execution.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

So sad we're not going to see Catherine anymore. It was nice having a beautiful woman on the show who was reasonably close to my age.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    And I know some people are down on the relationship tlak (well at the time it was discussed anyway) but I didn't see too much of an issue. They took a few minutes out, not knowing when theyd have a chance, to talk about things that could otherwise throw them off their game if its lingering in their minds (at least that is how i justify it).

Mary with some spunk at the end. Dig it and kudos for her for calling out Kate on her BS for being so hell bent on rehabbing serial murderer Alice at the cost of alienating. I am almost...ALMOST wishing we had another ep before Crisis just to have some more fallout with Mary and Kate.

The end scene though with the Kanes declaring that all bets are off on Alice then holding hands, I am sure it was meant to be an emotional moment with Kate and her dad united in something finally, but it came off cheesy as hell in its visual execution.

I'm sorry, but if you just found out your Commander has been replaced with an impostor and is probably doing something bad at a major event you are providing security for, you put that relationship **** aside and get to work. You can talk when it's over.

As someone who needs to go back and watch a few episodes, is Tyler's problem that Sophie didn't tell him about her past relationship and that she may still have feelings for Kate, or is it supposed to read that she has a problem with the fact that she had a lesbian relationship? Because to me watching this episode, it felt like he couldn't stand the fact that she may be Gay or Bi- and that would be much more interesting to me than the usual stuff.

As for the ending scene, I thought it was fine. My only problem is that I wish Kate and Mary's relationship was more established, so that Mary's anger at Kate would feel more visceral. As it is, to me Mary is the stepsister that she was constantly blowing off or ignoring, and Catherine is the evil stepmother who lied to her and her father and, as a result, left her real sister a prisoner for 11 years which drove her insane.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Does anyone else think they should have filmed outdoor scenes in Newark rather than Chicago? Since, in the current continuity, Gotham is a city in New Jersey, and all.
    I think for most the audience, when they think of Gotham, they now think of Chicago thanks to the first two Nolan films. Plus Chicago has a great look, and I'm so glad that they aren't filming everything up in Canada. It's always weird seeing the same stadium in Flash and Arrow, knowing the two cities are supposed to be several hundred miles apart.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Did the rifle suck as much in the comics?
    The Rifle is in the comics for literally one panel. He certainly doesn't suck.

Mary with some spunk at the end. Dig it and kudos for her for calling out Kate on her BS for being so hell bent on rehabbing serial murderer Alice at the cost of alienating.
    How is wanting to rehab a murderer BS? Especially when they're a long-lost family member?

As someone who needs to go back and watch a few episodes, is Tyler's problem that Sophie didn't tell him about her past relationship and that she may still have feelings for Kate, or is it supposed to read that she has a problem with the fact that she had a lesbian relationship?
    The first one. Tyler's not bigoted.
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-02-2019 at 09:27 AM.

The first one. Tyler's not bigoted.

Thank you. I skipped the first few episodes after the Pilot and have to go back and watch them.

That's actually disappointing. So instead of doing something new and fresh, they are just rehashing Oliver/Laurel/Tommy or Barry/Iris/Eddie or Kara/James/Lucy.

I can't wait to see what kind of love triangle we get in the first season of Stargirl.

Thank you. I skipped the first few episodes after the Pilot and have to go back and watch them.

That's actually disappointing. So instead of doing something new and fresh, they are just rehashing Oliver/Laurel/Tommy or Barry/Iris/Eddie or Kara/James/Lucy.
    No, making Tyler a bad person makes things too easy, narratively speaking, and it would raise the question of why Sophie would've married him specifically instead of someone nicer (that is, even if she wouldn't be in love with any husband, she's still in a marriage, so why make it harder on herself by marrying a homophobe?).

No, making Tyler a bad person makes things too easy, narratively speaking, and it would raise the question of why Sophie would've married him specifically instead of someone nicer (that is, even if she wouldn't be in love with any husband, she's still in a marriage, so why make it harder on herself by marrying a homophobe?).
    You could play that off. Maybe she never saw that side of him. Maybe he kept his opinions on homosexuals to himself. Happens all of the time.

I agree it may have made it easier to dislike him and want Kate and Sophie to get back together, but at the same time it would be SOMETHING different than retreading the same damn story. I'm still half expecting Legends to bring on Nyssa so they can do the triangle bit with her, Sarah, and Ava.

This one wasn’t as good as I hoped it would-everything happened way too fast. Catherine does all these things and we barely scratched the surface. What did Jacob know and when? Alice implicated him too. Batwoman was barely effective in this one. Plus, this back and forth between Alice and Kate is starting to bug me. They dance around each other and it just doesn’t mean anything.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    This one wasn’t as good as I hoped it would-everything happened way too fast. Catherine does all these things and we barely scratched the surface. What did Jacob know and when? Alice implicated him too.
    How much of what Catherine was forced to say actually true in the first place?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?