Page 74 of 233 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Sounds like they couldn't use Harper Row for whatever reason, so let's just make the exact same character and name her something similar.
    Parker and Harper are only broadly similar at best.

I think the more pertinent question is why are the Crows still around, if their founder and leader was just arrested for murdering his wife? You'd think at that point the city would fire them and look at other options.
    1) Still under contract
    2) Trial hasn't happened
    3) Jacob allegedly acted as an individual, not in an official capacity
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-21-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Okay, getting past the ridiculous of Parker being able to hack so well that even Luke is afraid to keep the Batcomputer on...I liked the episode. I mean, Parker was being oddly specific when one of her grievances was that the only gay characters on TV are the side characters, but there had to be some way to make Batwoman a role model for homosexuals everywhere. I thought it was nicely done (particularly the bit where Kara interviews her).

As for Alice...I can never buy her being a match for Kate in a fight, especially in that get-up. She didn't even have thugs with her this time. At least she finally got batcuffed and hauled away. So where did Beth come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Is no one going to mention there is a cop named Slam Bradley? Slam Bradley - the original detective of Detective Comics who was the featured detective until that guy with the cape and a hat with pointy ears
    hijacked Detective Comics. But Slam Bradley ruled Detective Comics for the first 26 issues. Wonder how big a player he will be on Batwoman.
    I keep confusing Slam Bradley with Jason Bard for some reason. I guess if they used Bard in this situation it would add to the confusion between Batwoman and Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tyler left Sophie. Are we going to see him again? Although maybe getting out of the show before they kill him off for Sophie drama is the right movie.
    I refuse to accept closure with Tyler until he is killed off in the most dramatic way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    1) Still under contract
    2) Trial hasn't happened
    3) Jacob allegedly acted as an individual, not in an official capacity
    Yeah, they're like a private security firm, and at this point all they're doing is hunting for Alice under the command of Jacob's 2nd.

Maybe the city will start questioning them more later, but for now I don't see an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I keep confusing Slam Bradley with Jason Bard for some reason. I guess if they used Bard in this situation it would add to the confusion between Batwoman and Batgirl.
    At least Jason Bard was more of a pretty boy then Slam Bradley ever was, so it would've been more fitting in that sense.
    I refuse to accept closure with Tyler until he is killed off in the most dramatic way possible.
    Poor Tyler :P.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Yeah, I didn't care for this version of Slam Bradley. Maybe they forgot to add "Jr." in the script.
    He was the pretty boy Slam that knocked up Selina in the mid 2000's CATWOMAN comic.

I prefer the Grizzle PI versions of Slam that started in DETECTIVE COMICS #1.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't care for this version of Slam Bradley. Maybe they forgot to add "Jr." in the script.
    He was the pretty boy Slam that knocked up Selina in the mid 2000's CATWOMAN comic.

Jr. would make more sense, not that I think we'll ever see the real Slam Bradley.

Scene from episode 11:

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

Slam was fairly young looking, handsome, and buff in his first appearance in Detective Comics #1. I'd say he is as pretty there as he is in Batwoman.

Detective Comics #1 pg52.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Slam was fairly young looking, handsome, and buff in his first appearance in Detective Comics #1. I'd say he is as pretty there as he is in Batwoman.

Detective Comics #1 pg52.jpg
    ...I don't see it. Not that he's not a hunk, but not like he was on the show.

Bluebird

Parker and Harper are only broadly similar at best.
    I'll only call them very similar if Parker becomes a costumed hero with a large weapon named Blue Jay (to match Harper's Bluebird moniker) or something.

Scene from episode 11:

Astrophysics? Okay .

Mighty Member

Great episode. I thought Beth was a goner in that fire death trap.

I’m tired of the Alice plotline, so I’ think I’m done with Batwoman until the show can move onto other things.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m tired of the Alice plotline, so I’ think I’m done with Batwoman until the show can move onto other things.
    All of these shows, for the most part, have had season long Big Bads. Flash is changing it up this year, and Arrow split the season in 6 and 7, but all of the other shows still do this. Why is Alice the bridge too far? Honestly curious.

Fantastic stuff tonight. One moment I really liked was spoilers:
    Mary's reaction to Beth's Alice disguise
    end of spoilers. That was a good detail that could have been overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Great episode. I thought Beth was a goner in that fire death trap.
    Me too. I honestly didn't know what was going to happen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    All of these shows, for the most part, have had season long Big Bads. Flash is changing it up this year, and Arrow split the season in 6 and 7, but all of the other shows still do this. Why is Alice the bridge too far? Honestly curious.
    IMO, it's because she seems to be the only one Kate fights, so Alice constantly escaping and walking over Kate just make the heroine look incompetent, and I just find her personally annoying. Kate going on a roadtrip with Alice and walking in and out of her evil lair out of costume and telling her to turn back to being Beth instead of beating her senseless doesn't help her case. It took about 10 episodes for Kate to finally arrest her...and she just waltzes right back out.

Honestly, I just want a break from Alice. Give Kate some other villains to fight for a few episodes so she can actually appear competent instead of just chasing Alice in circles.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.