Page 82 of 233 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Actually.... I wonder if we'll see Beth creep into Alice's brain.
    There running out of reasons to keep Alice alive as she becomes less and less redeemable...so maybe they'll go in that direction.

In the comics Alice became a split-personality. I'm not sure if they'll go with that here, but it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Kate seems pretty upbeat in the 1x13 promo... could it be that Luke lies about what happened to Beth?
    I don't know if that's possible unless Beth's change in health, without dying, flipped things to where Alice could recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    This episode was very good. Even though I didn't get how an antidote is supposed to help when you're a multiversal anomaly.
    How come in Supergirl there were 3 Brainiac fives and they didn't have this issue like Beth and Alice?
    They were all perfectly healthy. Is it coz he is an alien?
    That's what I don't understand

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    How come in Supergirl there were 3 Brainiac fives and they didn't have this issue like Beth and Alice?
    Well both of them gave up their corporeal forms before the episode ended

Apparently, Beth and Alice were affected because Beth's original Earth was destroyed. The others had their Earths preserved, so there's no conflict.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Apparently, Beth and Alice were affected because Beth's original Earth was destroyed. The others had their Earths preserved, so there's no conflict.
    Oh ok that makes a bit more sense thank you

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Knowing there's a vampire showing up makes me wonder if that was the point of giving Batwoman a costume that doesn't protect her neck.
    Batwoman decides it's more comfortable without the neck covering. Vampire attacks her. Next ep, back to the neck covering.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There running out of reasons to keep Alice alive as she becomes less and less redeemable...so maybe they'll go in that direction.

In the comics Alice became a split-personality. I'm not sure if they'll go with that here, but it's possible.

I don't know if that's possible unless Beth's change in health, without dying, flipped things to where Alice could recover.
    I suppose my vision of this story is clouded by what happened in the comics. In the comics Alice was evil, did die, was resurrected, and eventually became a good guy and worked with Kate. And she helped save Kate from Nocturna.

Except that isn't true. Only one of those Brainiac's Earths was preserved in a bottle, the others Earths were destroyed in the crisis. It may be, because they are part technological, that what happened to Beth and Alice wouldn't affect them at all, or in the same way.

but what about Al? There were two Al's at the bar after Crisis, and neither one of them looked affected.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Except that isn't true. Only one of those Brainiac's Earths was preserved in a bottle, the others Earths were destroyed in the crisis. It may be, because they are part technological, that what happened to Beth and Alice wouldn't affect them at all, or in the same way.

but what about Al? There were two Al's at the bar after Crisis, and neither one of them looked affected.
    Beth and Alice didn't immediately start feeling the effects until after several hours. Unless Kara checks in on the two Al's again we can maybe assume that they started experience the same degradation.

Oh ok that makes a bit more sense thank you
    And what about the two Wins? Was crazy Win's Earth preserved?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Yeah, there are so many potential explanations for what's going on that I don't know why lots of people are immediately assuming it's a continuity error.

Batcave featurette:

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    And what about the two Wins? Was crazy Win's Earth preserved?
    Crazy Winn died so it was kind of a moot point.

The Al's were running their bar for quite a few days now, and I doubt that they'll go down the same route with some side character.
    I don't know why people are so defensive, I mean it doesn't mean that Batwoman or its approach to this issue are worse, we are just noting that there is a slight continuity issue, like there are dozens of times between these shows, like in every shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I don't know why people are so defensive, I mean it doesn't mean that Batwoman or its approach to this issue are worse, we are just noting that there is a slight continuity issue, like there are dozens of times between these shows, like in every shared universe.
    But that's the thing: we don't know that it is a continuity issue since there are still a lot of unknowns about the two scenarios.

I noticed something very cool in episode 11. The news article about Jacob and Catherine's marriage mentions he was in the 3rd Special Forces Group:

JacobKane.jpg

That's true in the comics, but as far as I know, I was the very first reader to notice that and document it on various wikis, like the DC Database and TV Tropes. So if this is in the show, it almost certainly means someone on the crew is reading those sites and using information I've contributed. That's really neat.